Wii U supposedly less powerful than most washing machines

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by James_Giant_Peach (751 posts) -

This is crazy if true. Anyone have any insight?

#2 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4969 posts) -

There's already a thread about this.

#3 Posted by Drebin_893 (2910 posts) -

Damn, I'd been holding out on buying a washing machine hoping to just get the Wii U when it comes out.

#4 Edited by freewilly5 (64 posts) -

@AlexanderSheen: Are you saying that the 360 and PS3 are washing machines? Wow, I haven't ever used that feature.

#5 Posted by Morningstar (2150 posts) -

This is getting ridiculous.

#6 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4969 posts) -

@freewilly5: That's exactly what I'm saying.

#7 Edited by Yummylee (21509 posts) -

Wii U, more like Pee U!!!!

#8 Posted by ProfessorEss (7323 posts) -

I dunno, I have a pretty powerful washing machine.

#9 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

Are you saying you wash alot of pee pants in the laundry?  In which case I guess I'll call it the Semen U.
#10 Posted by mosespippy (4121 posts) -

I follow a washing machine and a smoke detector on twitter. I can't picture myself following a Wii-U.

#11 Edited by Yummylee (21509 posts) -

@mfpantst said:

@Abyssfull said:

Are you saying you wash alot of pee pants in the laundry? In which case I guess I'll call it the Semen U.

I don't know how you spell the expression, so I just went with what it sounded like =X Or the... pee part anywhoo. Because the U was intentio-oh whatever. Failed joke failed.

#12 Posted by AlisterCat (5536 posts) -

My calculator can run Mario Galaxy in HD.

#13 Edited by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:

@mfpantst said:

@Abyssfull said:

Are you saying you wash alot of pee pants in the laundry? In which case I guess I'll call it the Semen U.

I don't know how you spell the expression, so I just went with what it sounded like =X Or the... pee part anywhoo. Because the U was intentio-oh whatever. Failed joke failed.

I don't know, did it?  I'm sorry, you shouldn't feel bad.  I'm pretty sure I fully understood what you were trying to say.  I'm also pretty sure I derailed it on purpose, because it was a funny tie-in to washing mast- oh...  failed derailed joke failed.
#14 Posted by Wacomole (818 posts) -

Well the motor in a Wii U only has to be powerful enough to spin a little disc, whereas a washing machine has to rotate a huge-ass drum full of wet clothing, so there may be some truth in that statement.

BTW. Apparently the PS4 is going to be so powerful that they're going to be classed as sentient beings with their own embassy.

#15 Posted by GuyIncognito (445 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach said:

This is crazy if true. Anyone have any insight?

It's sadly true. My uncle works for Nintendo.

#16 Posted by BrickRoad (702 posts) -

My washing machine wasn't able to run the games with high resolution textures, so I had to get the expansion pack. It's running them now, but I hear the disc drive add on is gonna have CD quality sound so, I dunno. Might need to get that too.

#17 Edited by Moncole (636 posts) -

I heard the Wii U is weaker than the Atari 2600

#18 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -
@mfpantst said:
@Abyssfull said:

Are you saying you wash alot of pee pants in the laundry?  In which case I guess I'll call it the Semen U.
Seaman on Wii U? Sold! I'll just have to keep my existing washing machine plugged in for when I need the extra power.
#19 Posted by Brendan (7771 posts) -

@James_Giant_Peach: Aren't you the guy that hates the community and the staff? Why are you here actively making threads? I don't dislike you or think you shouldn't be here, but I am genuinely curious.

#20 Posted by ZombiePie (5642 posts) -

There is already a thread discussing this rumor. Also with such topics please avoid system wars-esque arguments as such flame wars are strictly prohibited on Giant Bomb.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.