WiiU

• 127 results
#1 Edited by DG991 (1344 posts) -

Seriously?

WTF?

It's like a tablet, but like a hand held, but like a console... except it is none of these.

I know they pulled it off with the Wii...

but come on... u sheep aren't going to go out and buy this right?

edit: This post was made right when I saw the console, I feel a little better about it now... still pending details like everyone else.

#2 Posted by Sticky_Pennies (2019 posts) -

I'm more bugged by the name, but maybe I should just stop caring about names.

Holy shit, though...

#3 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5137 posts) -

So many peripherals...

#4 Posted by RawknRo11a (552 posts) -

seriously, 'm flabbergasted...

my head hurts just thinking about this craziness...

wonder if they'll announce a price this year...

#5 Posted by Taklulas (401 posts) -

fail console is fail

#6 Posted by RawknRo11a (552 posts) -

@Taklulas: yo, you can throw imaginary ninja stars at your TV though... think about it...

#7 Posted by YI_Orange (1129 posts) -

I bet all those sheep are gonna play games they enjoy too. What a bunch of idiots. 

Seriously though, it doesn't seem that bad. Sure, there'll be plenty of gimmicky games that a lot of us won't want to touch but just like with the Wii I'm sure there will be enough games that are good in their own right to justify a purchase.
#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36026 posts) -
@Taklulas said:
fail console is fail
How? It hasn't even come out, yet. The name sucks, but you can't say much about the actual console. Still, this year's E3 is disappointing. Where are the super awesome games?
#9 Posted by NovaDTH (153 posts) -

I feel like I don't "get" it

#10 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@NovaDTH said:

I know I don't get it.

#11 Posted by Concise (25 posts) -

I'm going to withhold judgment until I know more about it, but I'd say they still miss the mark if they're going to go for the hardcore gamer. I can't see this competing with the iPad, either--too toylike. Nintendo's "kitchen sink" approach to consoles is alwaqys so odd, but it's often worked for them in the past. The one issue with this product seems to be the way nobody seems to be able to tell whether its really a console or just a fancy controller.

#12 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

I'm not 100% sold just yet, but darn, what other developers are showing now, I'm impressed.

#13 Posted by onarum (2016 posts) -
@DG991 said:

Seriously?

WTF?

It's like a tablet, but like a hand held, but like a console... except it is none of these.

I know they pulled it off with the Wii...

but come on... u sheep aren't going to go out and buy this right?

Yeah why would we want to get the most innovative console ever, that's crazy *rolleyes*
#14 Posted by Ghostiet (5226 posts) -

I don't get it at all. And the name is the most baffling thing in recent memory.

#15 Posted by Breadfan (6589 posts) -
#16 Posted by YoungFrey (1321 posts) -

It's got actual controlls and a good number of buttons, which is good.  But I don't see a lot of value in that screen for a single player game.  It would be great for party games, players bluffing or playing cards, etc...  I hope they sell a screenless version you can use on most games. 
#17 Posted by RawknRo11a (552 posts) -

@Ghostiet: Nintendo loves their word-play!

Wii = We

U = You

We, You... not really sure what they're trying to say... damn hippies...

#18 Posted by SMTDante89 (2545 posts) -

I guess they'll have great third party support and from what I'm hearing now, Online will be a huge thing this time.

#19 Posted by YI_Orange (1129 posts) -
@YoungFrey: I imagine the second screen would act much like the DS' second screen in a lot of cases and just be there as a way to display your map or facilitate inventory management without you having to go to a seperate screen to open it.
#20 Posted by phish09 (1109 posts) -

How much do you think it will be?  I'm gonna predict that they launch it at $299.

#21 Posted by RawknRo11a (552 posts) -

@YI_Orange: seems to be the way most 3rd party devs will use it. unless they're gonna make a hell of a lot of party and minigame collections

#22 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@NovaDTH said:

I know I don't get it.

I wish I could get it. I feel old and out of date.

#23 Posted by CastroCasper (1300 posts) -

I need to know more about it. There was a little white box in the demo, that I can only assume is the console itself. Does it play DVDs? Blurays? I wish they spent a little more time talking about the details, but I'll just have to wait till the bomb crew gets their hands on the hardware and then talk about it.

#24 Posted by DirtyEagles (274 posts) -

It seems like a culmination of everything gaming. I am looking forward to what it's capable of.

#25 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

They kept saying "Controller FOR Wii U" Maybe that means there is a another part. 

#26 Edited by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

does it have a box???
#27 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

I just dont know who would want to use that to play shooters or other games. The controller is so wide, and it doesnt have any grips or handles. Weird. Also, price was glaringly absent.

#28 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

Where can I sii this monstrosity?

#29 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

I already accept the name. I just want to see the actual console.

#30 Posted by MisterMouse (3540 posts) -

I think they aren't showing the actual hardware yet... just the controller... which I feel is a horrible decision. No specifics at all.

#31 Posted by MechaKirby (187 posts) -

I don't understand what it is... At first it just looked like a Wii peripheral. Then they were talking like it's also a new console... Then they were showing games that definitely can't run on the Wii. Now I have no idea what's on. What the hell is this thing? 

Is it a controller that will be compatible with the Wii AND a new console that they just haven't shown yet?

#32 Posted by mrfluke (5093 posts) -

please dont kill me mods.this is just too perfect to post right now XD

#33 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@SlashseveN303 said:

@PrivateIronTFU said:

@NovaDTH said:

I know I don't get it.

I wish I could get it. I feel old and out of date.

I'm pretty young, and I don't get it.. it's pretty cool from a technical standpoint, but I don't think I ever want to use something like this.

#34 Posted by AnimalFather (800 posts) -

Does it have a box or is the ram pcu in the controller? did they show the box?
#35 Posted by DetectiveSpecial (464 posts) -

That was completely pointless. We have absolutely NO information about this console, aside from the controller. Most of the footage was from trailers for other systems. I don't understand.

#36 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

WiiU? More like PiiU.... am I right?

But seriously I dont know what to think about it. It looks like a controller but they said it was a console but it looks like you need your Wii to use the WiiU... So how is this a new console if you need another console to play it? I think it is just a new controller rather then a new console.

#37 Edited by GuyIncognito (445 posts) -

What the hell is it?  I'm watching the conference right now (on gamespot) and I have no idea what it is.  Is it just a bigger NGP?

#38 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

How much is that controller gonna cost?

#39 Posted by Rebirth1337 (795 posts) -

Can someone tell me wtf it is? Is it a controller or a handheld?

#40 Edited by EuanDewar (4761 posts) -
#41 Posted by Bubbly (251 posts) -

There is a picture of the new console (yes console) on Kotaku.

#42 Posted by StrainedEyes (1321 posts) -

If you only own a Wii, then this is for you.

If you already own a 360/PS3 and a Wii, I don't see the point.

#43 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

Yep, you guys are the smart, forward thinking ones. You saw one press conference, little details, but everyone who will buy this is an idiot.

Or you could just keep a level head and wait to see what other people who have used it think, more specific details of the platform, and what games are coming out on it. That's the smart thing to do, but I don't think the internet can handle that.

#44 Posted by HowDire (267 posts) -

@mrfluke said:

You Sir are a Hero.

#45 Posted by UlquioKani (1027 posts) -

they have caught up with current gen but is this a little late. Maybe Sony and Microsoft will hold back their next consoles now that they know they are not behind like they probably expected. Some of the stuff shown like being able to use inventory on the screen and playing some of the simpler games on the small screen seem like good ideas.

#46 Posted by captain_clayman (3319 posts) -

just imagine how crappy regular games will be.

#47 Posted by onarum (2016 posts) -
@phish09 said:
How much do you think it will be?  I'm gonna predict that they launch it at $299.
yeah that's very likely, though I wouldn't be surprised if it went for 349, also those controllers must cost almost 100 bones a piece.

@Not_A_Stalker said:
I don't understand what it is... At first it just looked like a Wii peripheral. Then they were talking like it's also a new console... Then they were showing games that definitely can't run on the Wii. Now I have no idea what's on. What the hell is this thing?   Is it a controller that will be compatible with the Wii AND a new console that they just haven't shown yet?
sigh... no, it's a new console that will have a new controller and is compatible with wii peripherals... seriously was it that hard to understand: I felt they were pretty clear about it.
#48 Posted by DG991 (1344 posts) -

They can innovative all the want, but if this doesn't do a higher resolution of gaming then what hardcore audience are they aiming for?

Everyone is so confused...

#49 Posted by Soap (3565 posts) -

Easily the worse name ever.

EVER.

#50 Posted by Sayishere (1838 posts) -

@HowDire said:

@mrfluke said:

You Sir are a Hero.

OMG LOLOLOLOLOLOL

You sir are amazing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.