WiiU Box Art Confirmed

• 62 results
#51 Posted by JeanLuc (3590 posts) -

I like it. Its gamecubeish in look, and I loved everything about the look of the gamecube. I also dig the light blue boxes.

#52 Posted by TooWalrus (13232 posts) -

Looking at these new ones, the blue and yellow seem to contrast in a way that's not at all pleasing to the eye. To me, anyway.

#53 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Alright then.

#54 Posted by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

@ProfessorEss said:

@gumdealer said:

Every time I look at a WiiU box the first thing that pops into my head is that it is wearing an Eric Cartman hat. Every damn time.

Oh no.

Can't unsee ahhhhhh!

#55 Posted by Dourin (233 posts) -

Am I the only one who is more worried about how the back of the box looks? I hate how anymore it's gotten to a point where 1/2 to 3/4 of it is just a wall of text, forcing them to put incredibly tiny screenshots, and only a couple of sentences actually about the game.

#56 Posted by WalkerD (462 posts) -

A little too bright. I think it would look unappealing on a shelf full of games.

#57 Edited by ripelivejam (4264 posts) -

nothing against those who don't speak english obviously, but it kinda annoys me that they have english, spanish, and french translations of the copy on the backs of Nintendo boxes; it just makes it look so cluttered. would it take that much more work to have a different label for each language? i understand they'd have to print three separate sets but can't someone just, y'know, stop the printing press for a few minutes, change the file being printed or whatever, and then start it up again for the foreign batches? i'm fairly certain spanish and french speakers feel the same way when they see those messes of text on the back.

#58 Posted by BisonHero (6671 posts) -

@awadnin said:

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition Box Art

That box art looks supes dumbs, but then I also thought the whole idea that all of Arkham City's marketing images would be monochrome was a poor design decision that looks terrible. If you chose a style that results in Batman's suit being 90% white, you have fucked up. Still, I guess it's better than "10 Out of 10: The Game".

Batman busy wiping some pasta from the corner of his mouth
#59 Posted by jeffrud (387 posts) -

@MAGZine: I agree with this sentiment wholeheartedly, and will add an additional "fuck you" to the OP seeing "femininity" as a negative quality.

#60 Posted by DarthOrange (3866 posts) -

Reminds me of school.

#61 Posted by selbie (1927 posts) -

I preferred the Wii "tab" look they had before. They should have just kept it and changed the colour to blue and yellow.

#62 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2384 posts) -

Logo is a bit crappy, but blue boxes are nice to me.

#63 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Cool. The yellow line is kinda weird, otherwise it's pretty good.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.