Your dream Wii U game?

#1 Posted by Ninjafern (381 posts) -

So what would be your dream game for this thing?  Existing franchise or a new type of game that you can think of.   Also how would your game use the new screen?

#2 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

I think the screen could be cool for a strategy game or something, maybe Pikmin. You control Olimar on your TV as well as Pikmin assigned to you, and you can manage all your Pikmin on the controller's screen for different things. Maybe send groups off on their own to retrieve items and stuff.

Not exactly the best idea I could think of, just making stuff off the top of my head.

#3 Posted by maxB (288 posts) -

Fire Emblem would be cool

#4 Posted by willbot (7 posts) -

A shooter / RTS were you control units on the remote screen and run around the world on the TV

#5 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Golden Sun 

Shit's crazy, yo.

#6 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@Axxol said:

Golden Sun Shit's crazy, yo.

I was hoping for a GamerVision game.

#7 Posted by MrWakka (97 posts) -

A full Pokemon game, just because i've wanted one on the nintendo home console for forever.

#8 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -
@Claude said:

@Axxol said:

GamerVision has been hard at work since the announcement. We have a sequel to a Wii classic and a new IP on the way.
#9 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@Axxol said:

@Claude said:

@Axxol said:

GamerVision has been hard at work since the announcement. We have a sequel to a Wii classic and a new IP on the way.

Looking forward to the announcements.

#10 Posted by benjaebe (2783 posts) -

Pokemon Snap or Fatal Frame. Seriously, those two games were MEANT to be played on the Wii U.

#11 Posted by face15 (1274 posts) -

L.A. Noire. Notebook is on the controller at all times. 

Perfect.

#12 Posted by Empirepaintball (1389 posts) -

DECENT GRAPHICS

#13 Posted by FreakAche (2949 posts) -

MyNotebook HD

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (35976 posts) -
@maxB said:

This this this this THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!
#15 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
@maxB said:

This.  

I would love to see how a Fire Emblem game turns out. Also, a Metroid with HD graphics would be glorious. 
#16 Edited by PenguinDust (12450 posts) -
@benjaebe said:

Pokemon Snap or Fatal Frame. Seriously, those two games were MEANT to be played on the Wii U.

I came in to this thread to suggest that very game.  It seems like a perfect fit being able to aim the controller at the TV screen and take snapshots of ghosts.
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

After decades of being inconvenienced, I would buy the console and pay full price for a game where I could just thumb into my inventory and not have to waste all that time pressing the Select button.

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

A Pokemon game that lets you travel to every region and every time you get to a new region, you get a new starter and leave your previous team behind.

#19 Posted by buzz_clik (6904 posts) -

Trauma Center Wii U where you use the controller screen to do a real time interactive x-ray of the patient on your television screen.

#20 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@Empirepaintball@HandsomeDead:  
Only a pair of troll comments so far. Not bad.  

I like pretty much every suggestion so far, a full-scale Pokemon probably being the most appealing. PKMN Snap, Fatal Frame, and Dead Rising would benefit immensely. If Square Enix ever does decide to do The World Ends With You 2, I could see it being great. And of course, a Metroid or Golden Sun with next-next gen graphics would be just wonderful. I just wish we had a real list of what's coming. They spent forever on the controller but only a half-dozen minutes on games...
#21 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Fire Emblem or Advance Wars would be cool.

If it ends up using multiple screens I could see something like Crystal Chronicles or Mario Party really getting a boost, the latter more because it gives you an avenue to betray people without them seeing what you are fucking doing all the time.

#22 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2209 posts) -

A new Star Fox game as well as a Mario 3D platformer not set in the Galaxy universe. Maybe Donkey Kong should get another 3D platformer and a Kid Icarus game for it would be cool.

#23 Posted by Voxatron (352 posts) -

super mario galaxy 3, considering the likelihood of anyone seeing remastered versions of the first two is probably so slim.

#24 Posted by innacces14 (735 posts) -

Everything Mass Effect. Have a bird's eye view on the controller screen and issue commands by choosing squad mate first and then point to which enemy you want him/her to attack.

#25 Edited by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

How about a racing game where the controller's screen displays important details like the track and the speedometer. Even better, how about it acts as a rear view mirror? That'd be neat.

Man, this is a lot of what I was feeling when Nintendo first revealed the Wii Remote, just a string of crazy ideas running through my head that would be so cool to see in action. Hopefully this time more unique ideas come to fruition than on the Wii.

#26 Posted by Michaelblack18 (223 posts) -

would really love a nice huge Mario game to come out for it i know im going to get a Zelda game  honestly id really like to see what they'd do with games like metroid mega man and kingdom hearts using the controllers interface maybe even add a new ip if possible or bring back another good old one (earthbound anyone?)

#27 Posted by FateOfNever (1814 posts) -

Mario Paint.  That's at least one of the first things that came to mind as being "that sounds like it could be perfect for this". 

#28 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

I just want to say that Fire Emblem and a large scale Pokemon would both be awesome. Also most games would benefit from having menus/maps on the controller, if nothing else.

#29 Posted by Hailinel (23852 posts) -

@maxB said:

I could see Fire Emblem working really well on this.

#30 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

While I can get behind the idea that you think I'm trolling, the idea that people's dream games for a new console are either ones they've played before but with better graphics or just with some kind of secondary function mapped to a touch screen seems just bizarre.

#31 Posted by Ninjafern (381 posts) -
I'm thinking a Persona game, the second screen lets you see your different personas during battle, rather than having to go thru sub menus to switch you just select them from your controller.  

I think an LA Noire port or sequel would be awesome.  Like someone else said, the controller is the notebook.  You also use the controller to examine objects up close.

I don't know if Battlefield 3 will have the option to be a commander like BF2 but I'm thinking that using the controller as a command screen to call in UAVs and artillery/air strikes is really cool.
#32 Posted by coolwhip83 (88 posts) -

A true sequel to the SNES Mario Kart. With full blown online. 

So not the abominations that are Double Dash and the Wii version.

#33 Posted by Hector (3354 posts) -

Maybe an RTS game where you use the tablet to move troops.

#34 Posted by Shadowjester (93 posts) -

Where the touch screen comes in to play for me is the multitude of mini games that high profile games incorporate. Just look at any hacking or lock picking mini games.  Or inventory in the new Diablo 3 game. (if the system is powerful enough, why not).    Or use the touch screen in an FPS for things like radar, or camera spikes.    This screen can also now be used to keep the hud from cluttering up the main screen. Put health and mana bars on this screen.  The touch screen allows these things to have a more tactile feel to the game and draw the player in even more.  Or at least that's how i feel.   

These can be incorporated into all of the games we now play in some fashion. But my ideal game would be a new IP  that uses all of the above. 

#35 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

Okami 2

#36 Edited by Grumbel (910 posts) -
@n1Nj4d00m said:

So what would be your dream game for this thing?  Existing franchise or a new type of game that you can think of.   Also how would your game use the new screen?

Something complex that makes heavy use of the touchscreen, such as a real flightsim or other genres normally PC centric due to needing lots of keyboard buttons. But I seriously doubt that it would ever happen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.