So whatever happend...

#1 Posted by Lies (3866 posts) -

to the Wii Vitaloty Sensor?

It was revealed LAST E3 and we haven't heard anything since. Did Nintendo just agree it was a bad idea and scrap it? It seemed to be a fairly major announcement last year, but it's been completely MIA. Anyone know what the deal is? Think we'll see it this E3?

#2 Posted by MikkaQ (10276 posts) -

I hope not, I don't see any real use for something like this, it's just the wii concept going too far.

#3 Posted by Ariketh (606 posts) -

Doesn't seem very interesting to me... but I could see my mom finding it useful.

#4 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

I hope so. It's almost as great an idea as the Power Glove...almost.

#5 Posted by JJOR64 (18938 posts) -

We will most likely see some info about it at E3.

#6 Posted by Korone (402 posts) -

" According to Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime, more details concerning the Wii Vitality Sensor will be showcased during E3 2010.   "

From the wiki.

#7 Edited by Korone (402 posts) -

I am on the edge of my seat.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Korone said:
" I am on the edge of my seat. "
Aren't we all?
#9 Posted by MasterOfPenguins_Zell (2093 posts) -

You need to buy 10, and attatch one to each finger. Can't wait!

#10 Posted by Gamer_152 (14065 posts) -

It's not a major peripheral so I'm not that surprised we haven't seen much about it so far but I think they'll probably have something in the works.

#11 Posted by Steve_C (1750 posts) -

It's gonna blow your mind when they show it at e3. Maybe.

It still seems strange as to why they announced it so soon.

#12 Posted by HypoXenophobia (1045 posts) -

My prediction is that it'll make your finger the pointer.

#13 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#14 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -
#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

If it's going to feature heavily this year, why did they announce it last year? Just seems odd.

#16 Posted by Jedted (2340 posts) -

So is the Vitality Sensor officially scrapped?  Apparently Ubisoft liked the idea enough to make their own vitality sensor but what happened to Nintendo's?  It's hard to imagine them of all company's scrapping such a radical concept. 

#17 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Brad asked Cammie Dunaway, but they cut that part out.

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@Jedted said:
" So is the Vitality Sensor officially scrapped?  Apparently Ubisoft liked the idea enough to make their own vitality sensor but what happened to Nintendo's?  It's hard to imagine them of all company's scrapping such a radical concept. "
What?  Nintendo's not on board with every single innovative idea they can think of; they're called prototypes.  If it got scrapped, they just realized that it wasn't that great of an idea after all and they chose to not pursue it any further.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.