Is the trend going to die finally

#1 Posted by mugugipan (376 posts) -

Can they get back to making some cool games.
Assuming they are the same people that made them in the first place.

#2 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -

I don't follow.

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6654 posts) -

What are you talking about?

#4 Posted by Fr0Br0 (3084 posts) -

The Wii had cool games?

#5 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

For those out of the loop: Nintendo's sales and profits are down.

#6 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I assume he means Nintendo.

In which case, they never stopped making cool games, really. Almost all the new stuff they've done this generation has been pretty cool.
#7 Posted by Bucketdeth (7981 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
"The Wii had cool games?"
Mario Galaxy was pretty kick ass, but I think it ends there.
#8 Posted by iAmJohn (6091 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @Fr0Br0 said:
Mario Galaxy was pretty kick ass, but I think it ends there. "
Punch-Out!!, Klonoa, HotD: Overkill, SSBB, The Munchables, Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, and a bunch others say "what's up?" >:|
#9 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac said:
" I assume he means Nintendo.

In which case, they never stopped making cool games, really. Almost all the new stuff they've done this generation has been pretty cool.
"
True. Maybe i'm already wearing my rose tinted glasses but I will never forget the first time I played Wii Fit. So many memories from just one game.
#10 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" For those out of the loop: Nintendo's sales and profits are down. "
They are indeed. Unfortunately for those who think that Nintendo is a blight on gaming, a few million down from a billion is still a shit ton of money.
#11 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

Yes, they're going to start making cool games again.

But seriously, there has been quite a few Wii games that I've wanted to play this year.

#12 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:

"
True. Maybe i'm already wearing my rose tinted glasses but I will never forget the first time I played Wii Fit. So many memories from just one game. "
Whether or not you like it or saw lasting value in it, it was new. He never said good, he said cool.
#13 Posted by DukesT3 (1853 posts) -

No More Heroes 2 is coming out. Thats a cool game.. well.. to me anyways.. 

#14 Edited by Hailinel (22704 posts) -

NIntendo isn't the only company seeing a drop in profits.  Sony and Microsoft both saw declines as well.  Nintendo's just makes more of an impact because they were selling consoles at an unprecedented rate for far longer than anyone could have really anticipated.  At the end of the day, it's still the case that more Wiis have been sold than PS3s or 360s, and they're still making a healthy profit.

Also, they never stopped making kick-ass games.  Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Punch-Out!! and heck, even Wii Sports Resort are all some of the best games on the platform.

#15 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
#16 Posted by mordukai (7092 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" For those out of the loop: Nintendo's sales and profits are down. "
Everyone is suffering. MS are down, Sony are down, Nintendo are down. 
#17 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac said:
" @HandsomeDead said:
" @Arkthemaniac said:

"
True. Maybe i'm already wearing my rose tinted glasses but I will never forget the first time I played Wii Fit. So many memories from just one game. "
Whether or not you like it or saw lasting value in it, it was new. He never said good, he said cool.
"
Wel, it is cool that I don't have to pay for a real Weight Watchers subscription when I can just use my Wii instead. I can't wait for the upcoming Wii HIV Test Party! That seems like a pretty new and cool idea.
#18 Posted by angelkanarias (1440 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
" The Wii had cool games? "
lmao
#19 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

You start a peanut thread and the monkeys will come  :-)

These Wii hate threads are just getting sad.  A constant recycling of insipidness.  :-)
#20 Posted by regularassmilk (1369 posts) -
@Fr0Br0 said:
" The Wii had cool games? "
hahaha.
#21 Posted by super_machine (1926 posts) -

New mario whores and that 2D action Demon sword game are on my radar. For the first time in a long time I might actually buy a wii game.

#22 Posted by Disgaeamad (1342 posts) -
@Meowayne said:
" Awesome Wii games
Awesome Wii announcements
You have "I haven't played Wii since 06 that's why I can make qualified comments about it's library" syndrome. Don't worry - it's very common. "
Beat me to it. The number of great Wii games that are coming out in the next couple of years is a definite contrast with what's been released in recent years.
#23 Posted by Jayge_ (10222 posts) -

Classic fucking Mugugipan thread. What is he even talking about this time?

#24 Posted by trophyhunter (5804 posts) -

well not on the wii if that's what your asking

#25 Posted by Cerza (1653 posts) -

Is what trend going to finally die? This thread makes no sense!!!

#26 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -
@Bucketdeth said:
" @Fr0Br0 said:
Mario Galaxy was pretty kick ass, but I think it ends there. "
Mario Galaxy was better than "Pretty kick ass", it was epic! one of the best Mario games ever!
#27 Posted by lilbooshy (20 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
"For those out of the loop: Nintendo's sales and profits are down."

Probably the Wii's fault.  It's got what?  a million different sport-themed games?  Every time I look at the Wii section I get depressed.  There's the occastional gem, but the wiimote and nunchuck system make the controls bloody impossible.  I got one of the RE Archives and it was rediculous.  The best Wii game I've seen so far was the House of the Dead 2&3 combo.  My favorite Wii game is a sequal to an arcade game.  Jeez

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.