Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Adventure Island Wii Ware

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

A trailer for Adventure Island Wii Ware has surfaced

I think it looks ugly, the charm has been ripped out with woefully bad looking character sprites, backgrounds, and possibly level design on the evidence of this,.. It's really disappointing after the fine Bomberman Blast on Wii Ware to see Hudson ruining this classic.

Rainbow Island on Wii Ware is pretty much on par with this :( If the same happens with Bonk Wii Ware, I will be seriously ******* pissed.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

Does look pretty ugly, are they coming out with a new Bonk on Wiiware?  Got a link for that?

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

The game wasn't very good to begin with, and they've managed to make it even worse. Not buying.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Diamond said:
    "Does look pretty ugly, are they coming out with a new Bonk on Wiiware?  Got a link for that?"

No, because nothing has been confirmed as far as Bonk Wii. But there have been rumours circulating for a while now, and Hudson Japan have said they intend to release new versions of their classic games on Wii Ware.

We have already seen some of their biggest games in Bomberman and Star Soldier, and now Adventure Island, Bonk is their second biggest title, and the company mascot. He is well due a new game. The 4  PC Engine/TG16 games released so far have sold very well on Virtual Console according to them, that may well prompt a new game. I really would not be surprised at all if a new game turned up, the potential sales are too good to miss out on for Hudson. It will turn up, just wait and see.

I read rumours in a UK magazine, GamesTM suggesting it was simply a new version of Bonk's Adventure, with new graphics :/ , if that's the case I hope they are doing so to aid an eventual disc based game later.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Relys

MY CHILDHOOD! NOOOOOE!

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThomasP
    Icemael said:
    "The game wasn't very good to begin with, and they've managed to make it even worse. Not buying."

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

I think rainbow island looks somewhat charming. Not like the original but not like this either. I'd get it if the price was right:

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

The game looks horrible.

real horrible.
    big riggs horrible.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By ZombiePie

The last time I went to an island on my wii was to Bug Island... I don't want to relive that again.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By Dalai

I agree with the majority on this... looks piss poor.  It's not like any of the Adventure Island games were masterpieces or anything so it's what I expected.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

Al3xand3r
    said:
    "I think rainbow island looks somewhat charming. Not like the original but not like this either. I'd get it if the price was right:

"

Take a look at the fine Saturn collection game I own, the main character sprite is cute!, cute sprites are great for any game, they immediately add charm. There's also the gameplay environment, it's on par with that cuteness seen in the main sprite, it's minimal in design yet objects are nicely stylized and in keeping with the overall style of the game. Nothing at all seems out of place. The new versions graphics on the other hand seem like a mish mash with no clear distinct cohesive style, it looks cheap. I don't like the design or the colours, I don't even like the text, although they are not as bad as Onslaughts.

They should have kept the original sprite design concept and simply added a new female version, instead of what look like two generic Mii's. They should have also retained other  traits of the original.

I just cannot see this game appealing to fans of the original.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

Just saying it looks much better than Adventure Island, I did say not as good as the original either, but still, it's not FUGLY like Adventure Island imo. Go play Princess Crown :P

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.