An RPG styled Paper Mario.

#1 Posted by MikPick (333 posts) -

Who agrees that the Paper Mario series needs to go back to its roots and make an RPG styled Paper Mario game for the Wii? The first two Paper Mario games were fantastic, and some of the best on their respective consoles. Nintendo approach at an platforming RPG on the other hand, while fun, didn't live up to the standards of the first two games in my opinion.

So, who thinks Nintendo should work on a RPG Paper Mario for Wii?

#2 Posted by yorro (558 posts) -

I made an RPG Sidescrolling Platforming game for my project a year ago.

Sidescrolling is done for man

#3 Posted by Thrawn1 (1340 posts) -

before the time came when i could buy a wii, i watched a teaser for the wii's paper mario game. it was that trailer that, to this day, has made me have no interest at all in owing a wii. i am pretty tempted by mario galaxy though....

#4 Posted by FrozenVX (95 posts) -

I agree, I loved Thousand Year Door, and was somewhat disappointed with Super Paper Mario. I'm hoping the next one will be RPG styled.

#5 Posted by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -

Actually, I liked Super paper mario more than Thousand Year Door.  I haven't played Paper mario on the N64 yet, though.

#6 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

TYD was fantastic, SPM was decent, but i felt it was much more accessible than the previous two. I'll like the sequel to keep the SPM style but make it less easy and more challenging.  

#7 Edited by gamerkc (11 posts) -

TTYD is my favorite PM title. SPM is a close second. Super Paper Mario was different, yes, but I liked it a LOT. It was really challenging at certain parts and the game's plot was great (even if a bit text heavy).

That being said, yes, I would like an RPG Paper Mario next time. Not that Super Paper Mario was bad or anything, but y'know.

#8 Edited by Earthbounder (308 posts) -

I think Super Paper Mario was great and necessary. Most people would be complaining that the series needs some changes and that the gameplay is boring if Nintendo hadn`t released Super Paper Mario. Instead, now we miss the RPG formula. I think they should bring it back before the next generation starts.

#9 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -

I don't want another Paper Mario RPG.

Instead I want a Super Mario RPG sequel. Moar Geno and Mallow plz.

#10 Posted by ThomasP (1655 posts) -
RowdyRob said:
"I don't want another Paper Mario RPG.

"
I agree.
#11 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
Thrawn said:
"before the time came when i could buy a wii, i watched a teaser for the wii's paper mario game. it was that trailer that, to this day, has made me have no interest at all in owing a wii. i am pretty tempted by mario galaxy though....
"
That's low, for one game to make you not want to buy a system. A great system has both games you want to play and games others want to play that you may have no interest in.
#12 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

The first Paper Mario was the best IMO, and one of my favorite games. So yes I would love that to happen.

#13 Posted by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -
ThomasP said:
"RowdyRob said:

"
I agree.
"

Me too...
#14 Posted by MagusMaleficus (1035 posts) -
DJ_LaFleur said:
"ThomasP said:
"RowdyRob said:

"
I agree.
"

Me too..."
Ditto that jazz.
#15 Posted by Blair (2502 posts) -
MagusMaleficus said:
"DJ_LaFleur said:
"ThomasP said:
"RowdyRob said:

"
I agree.
"

Me too..."
Ditto that jazz."
Bingo
#16 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

Paper Mario FTW

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.