Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Any suggestions on Wii Ware games?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Whats up people? I just recently picked up a Wii from a friend. There was an eye problem with it on reading discs but it's fixed. So I need to know are there any Wii Ware games worth picking up. Preferably RPG's, but I'm more than willing to check out anything else. Let me know. Thanks.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By sjschmidt93

World of Goo, the Bit Trip games, Mega Man 9, Contra Rebirth

Nasar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Nasar7

Phoenix Wright if you haven't already played it.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

Yeah, I was having trouble with this the other day as well. I loaned my Wii out to my nephews since i had to babysit them. I was looking for something on Wiiware to play, and I was completely clueless.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#5  Edited By AgentJ

"World of Goo" and "Swords and Soldiers" for sure. Be sure not to skip out on all the VC games.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Godwind
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By rallier

Driift Mania, its a top down car racer that you can play with EIGHT people at the same time. Brilliant for parties and anything liqueur related.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#8  Edited By ch13696

I know I'm definitely picking up the Final Fantasies. I'm gonna look at the Tales of Monkey island series also. I also see people talking about world of goo so I'll definitely get that also.

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By ZenaxPure
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life is a King is something I suggest (has some DLC though, some of which I suggest other not so much). It can get a bit a repetitive and later in the game there are some annoying frame rate issues but something about the game is addicting for some reason. My Life As a Dark Lord is a kind of weird tower defense game, there is a demo for this one, though according to the shop channel it is "available for a limited time" if you wanna give it a try before purchasing.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By rallier
    @Zenaxzd said:
    " Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life is a King is something I suggest (has some DLC though, some of which I suggest other not so much). It can get a bit a repetitive and later in the game there are some annoying frame rate issues but something about the game is addicting for some reason. My Life As a Dark Lord is a kind of weird tower defense game, there is a demo for this one, though according to the shop channel it is "available for a limited time" if you wanna give it a try before purchasing. "
    I can vouch for My life as a King addictiveness. I believe that in the end i clocked 14 hours in that game.
    Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Evilsbane

Super Mario Brothers 3 the only game you'll ever need. YOU yes YOU can be a frog or a raccoon AND FLLLLYYY.

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DJL

Megaman 9 and Castlevania Rebirth are fun.

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By emkeighcameron
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

maybe pokemon rumble. i played the demo for it and loved it..i haven't gotten the full game but i'd definitely like to have it...someday

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rallier
    @RedEyesBlueBunny said:

" maybe pokemon rumble. i played the demo for it and loved it..i haven't gotten the full game but i'd definitely like to have it...someday "

The demo unfortunately is the about what you can get out of the game. Not to say that is not fun but it is extremely repetitive. It's not a game that i could really recommend.
    Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
    RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny
    @Rallier said:
    " @RedEyesBlueBunny said:

" maybe pokemon rumble. i played the demo for it and loved it..i haven't gotten the full game but i'd definitely like to have it...someday "

The demo unfortunately is the about what you can get out of the game. Not to say that is not fun but it is extremely repetitive. It's not a game that i could really recommend. "
    oh haha thats kind of what i was afraid of..thank you!
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By demontium
    @ch13696 said:
    " Whats up people? I just recently picked up a Wii from a friend. There was an eye problem with it on reading discs but it's fixed. So I need to know are there any Wii Ware games worth picking up. Preferably RPG's, but I'm more than willing to check out anything else. Let me know. Thanks. "
    • Lost Winds 2 (forget the first one)
    • World of Goo
    • Try pokemon rumble, then get it.
    • Megaman 9
    • The strongbad games
    • NyxQuest

The must haves right there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.