Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Any WiiWare must-haves?

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

Hey guys, I've been getting quite bored of playing all the back-compat titles on the Wii and am trying to see if there are any must-have Wii titles for WiiWare specifically that are fun and engaging, similar to what I would get with my Xbox Live Arcade experience. I asked Jeff and he said to get Cave Story and I have really been enjoying that, any others I've missed that I should probably get. 

Note: I have World of Goo already on my Mac. 
    Note: I have an Xbox 360, so I'm looking for what you'd consider "actual games" as opposed to flash-ports or whatnot, that said-I do enjoy Cave Story a bunch.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By UnlivedPhalanx

bump?

Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Ryax

no

paradox121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By paradox121

I'd say LostWinds. It's pretty short but if you're looking for a quick, decent fix then it's perfect. Great art style and clever little concept. I haven't played the second but I've heard it's even better than the first. The two together could probably waste a few hours for you. There aren't that many other unique Wii Ware experiences to be fair, most of the time I'm downloading stuff from VC.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Meowayne
    fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By fuzzyponken

You might be a little disappointed with what's available if you're looking for XBLA levels of depth. The storage limitations make sure that there's not really anything too fleshed out on there. Personally I've got World of Goo (which you already had), Swords & Soldiers (haven't played this very much... didn't impress me personally, although most people have nothing but good things to say about it), Bit.Trip Beat and Core (kind of interesting rhythm games but they're lacking in any real depth and are way too hard), Mega Man 9 and 10 (but I'd get those on 360 if I were you since you'll get better image quality...the Wii versions only support 480i), Gradius Rebirth (cool 16 bit throwback to a genre and franchise I loved deeply as a kid, but I wouldn't recommend it if you have no nostalgia for it) and Toki Tori (excellent puzzle game that can really fuck with your brain in the harder levels, but I mean, it can't compete with Braid or anything).   

I'm also planning on getting Cave Story once it's released in Europe and eventually Final Fantasy Chrystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord if they ever lower the price for it 'cause I'm fairly certain I'd enjoy both of those. 

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By demontium

Gawd. there are so many horrible threads like this. please read the damn stickies.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#8  Edited By Tireyo
    issun187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9  Edited By issun187

I can wholeheartedly recommend And Yet It Moves, LostWinds and its sequel. NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits is great, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.