Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Anyone anticipating Zelda Wii should read this...

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By demontium
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By xyzygy

This actually sounds pretty cool... I love flying games when they're done right. But flying in Zelda? YES

RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By RaikohBlade

Sorry, but Zelda was dead to me a long time ago. The failure of Twilight Princess showed me that there never will be another true Zelda game.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By Icemael
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " Sorry, but Zelda was dead to me a long time ago. The failure of Twilight Princess showed me that there never will be another true Zelda game. "
    A 'true' Zelda game being...
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    " Sorry, but Zelda was dead to me a long time ago. The failure of Twilight Princess showed me that there never will be another true Zelda game. "
    A 'true' Zelda game being... "
    It's not about the game mechanics, it's about the heart, the soul of the game. Perhaps some gamers are not capable of comprehending such an abstract concept in a game, but it doesn't matter to me. Ocarina of Time was the last real Zelda game, it had a magic to it that has long since vanished from games. Very few games these days have this sensation about them. The story doesn't need to be complex, gameplay doesn't need to be complex, but the incredible ability to draw a player into a game can only happen when a game has a "soul." That is what OoT did, yes, it had awesome graphics/gameplay for the time, but that isn't what made it what it is. You don't play OoT, you are IN OoT.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By demontium
    @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    Everyone expects another OoT, and it will never happen every time. TP was in NO WAY a failure, yet rather a success.  

It thrived both in sales and quality of game.  

If you want to get an outside opinion, check the reviews, those were good too.
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mikeeegeee
    @RaikohBlade: did you play Windwaker? I mean, I didn't, but I've heard from many people that Windwaker was the best, non portable Zelda since OOT.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By Icemael
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    It's not about the game mechanics, it's about the heart, the soul of the game. Perhaps some gamers are not capable of comprehending such an abstract concept in a game, but it doesn't matter to me. Ocarina of Time was the last real Zelda game, it had a magic to it that has long since vanished from games. Very few games these days have this sensation about them. The story doesn't need to be complex, gameplay doesn't need to be complex, but the incredible ability to draw a player into a game can only happen when a game has a "soul." That is what OoT did, yes, it had awesome graphics/gameplay for the time, but that isn't what made it what it is. You don't play OoT, you are IN OoT. "
    I think Twilight Princess had tons of heart. In fact, heart was what made the game good -- the actual mechanics were dated, stiff and just janky in general.

Now Phantom Hourglass, that is a soulless Zelda game.
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RaikohBlade

I checked up on Windwaker a LONG time ago, and it didn't interest me. I had the misfortune of playing Twilight Princess, and at first I thought maybe it was on the level of OoT. But the more I played it, the more I realized it was a cheap wannabe. I didn't have the will to finish it. And yes, it is still a great game, but in terms of being another legendary Zelda game, it fails.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Linkyshinks

Woah, talk about spining a story.  I saw this yesterday on a Japanese site. The comment was initiated by something his son said in respect to the DS games - boats, trains, and aeroplanes etc. He was referring to the next DS game, not the Wii game. 

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xyzygy

Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I've played LTTP, OoT, MM, WW, PH, TP, and the first two. :P 

@RaikohBlade said:

" @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    It's not about the game mechanics, it's about the heart, the soul of the game. Perhaps some gamers are not capable of comprehending such an abstract concept in a game, but it doesn't matter to me. Ocarina of Time was the last real Zelda game, it had a magic to it that has long since vanished from games. Very few games these days have this sensation about them. The story doesn't need to be complex, gameplay doesn't need to be complex, but the incredible ability to draw a player into a game can only happen when a game has a "soul." That is what OoT did, yes, it had awesome graphics/gameplay for the time, but that isn't what made it what it is. You don't play OoT, you are IN OoT. "
    Yet, if they make another OoT, the game will be criticized because of it. You realize that TP got a lot of guff because some reviewers thought it was "too similar" to OoT? Personally, I'm not complaining and loved the game, but if you were the developers and you seen that why would you even want to create another OoT? It would just be shit on because Nintendo would, in the eyes of reviewers, be "recycling" game mechanics. Which is another reason why I hate reviewers... but that's another tale.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @xyzygy:  

The game has a very high opinion with me also, I just wish it was considerably longer. It was deflating to find there wasn't a large world to discover under the water, because that would have been in keeping with past games. (Dark World) I still adore the game though, I think it features some of the Zelda series finest moments in story telling. 

I have a Limited Edition copy of the game that you've probably never seen before. 
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @xyzygy said:
    " Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I've played LTTP, OoT, MM, WW, PH, TP, and the first two. :P 

@RaikohBlade said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    Yet, if they make another OoT, the game will be criticized because of it. You realize that TP got a lot of guff because some reviewers thought it was "too similar" to OoT? Personally, I'm not complaining and loved the game, but if you were the developers and you seen that why would you even want to create another OoT? It would just be shit on because Nintendo would, in the eyes of reviewers, be "recycling" game mechanics. Which is another reason why I hate reviewers... but that's another tale. "
    I never said make another OoT. I want another game that is on par with OoT. Big difference. Twilight Princess not only had no heart, it was a cheap attempt to emulate OoT. Double fail in my book. And yes, I am pretty harsh, but OoT spoiled me, so I have super high standards for Zelda games. Don't even get me started on the DS Zelda garbage. However, I have to say that the GBC Zelda games (Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons) were awesome, despite the fact that they did not have Zelda in them. A Link to the Past was awesome too, but I don't have the patience to play that on my DS, so yeah. Another 3D Zelda that is on par with OoT and has the same kind of  magical "ability" that draws you into the game. 
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CL60
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @xyzygy said:
    " Wind Waker is my favorite Zelda game, and I've played LTTP, OoT, MM, WW, PH, TP, and the first two. :P 

@RaikohBlade said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    Yet, if they make another OoT, the game will be criticized because of it. You realize that TP got a lot of guff because some reviewers thought it was "too similar" to OoT? Personally, I'm not complaining and loved the game, but if you were the developers and you seen that why would you even want to create another OoT? It would just be shit on because Nintendo would, in the eyes of reviewers, be "recycling" game mechanics. Which is another reason why I hate reviewers... but that's another tale. "
    I never said make another OoT. I want another game that is on par with OoT. Big difference. Twilight Princess not only had no heart, it was a cheap attempt to emulate OoT. Double fail in my book. And yes, I am pretty harsh, but OoT spoiled me, so I have super high standards for Zelda games. Don't even get me started on the DS Zelda garbage. However, I have to say that the GBC Zelda games (Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons) were awesome, despite the fact that they did not have Zelda in them. A Link to the Past was awesome too, but I don't have the patience to play that on my DS, so yeah. Another 3D Zelda that is on par with OoT and has the same kind of  magical "ability" that draws you into the game.  "
    By magical ability that draws you in you mean "I'm too nostalgic for OoT so no other 3d Zelda game will satisfy me."
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @Fragstoff: Sorry, but I don't give a shit about convincing people, I am merely explaining my point of view. My concept of "heart" is very hard to describe, I am not really arguing anything here. This is just how I feel. Twilight Princess was garbage for ME. If I came across as saying it was a poor game in general, this should clear it up. It was a great game and had great reviews. I don't deny that. However, I do not hold it up to be at the same level as OoT, so it fails for me. That's all. I am not saying that everybody should dislike it like I do.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#16  Edited By AgentJ
    @CL60: I think that's about it :P 

OOT meant much more to gaming, but TP and Windwaker are better games. 
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xyzygy
    @AgentJ said:
    " @CL60: I think that's about it :P  OOT meant much more to gaming, but TP and Windwaker are better games.  "
    Quite true. It was the first 3D Zelda, so when we first seen it EVERYTHING was spectacular :P 

@Linkyshinks said:
    " @xyzygy:   The game has a very high opinion with me also, I just wish it was considerably longer. It was deflating to find there wasn't a large world to discover under the water, because that would have been in keeping with past games. (Dark World) I still adore the game though, I think it features some of the Zelda series finest moments in story telling.  I have a Limited Edition copy of the game that you've probably never seen before.  "
    Is it the one with the shiny gold cover? If not... SO JEALOUS! I will google it. WW is probably the cutest little game I've ever played.
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @CL60 said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    " @xyzygy said:

@RaikohBlade said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    I never said make another OoT. I want another game that is on par with OoT. Big difference. Twilight Princess not only had no heart, it was a cheap attempt to emulate OoT. Double fail in my book. And yes, I am pretty harsh, but OoT spoiled me, so I have super high standards for Zelda games. Don't even get me started on the DS Zelda garbage. However, I have to say that the GBC Zelda games (Oracle of Ages/Oracle of Seasons) were awesome, despite the fact that they did not have Zelda in them. A Link to the Past was awesome too, but I don't have the patience to play that on my DS, so yeah. Another 3D Zelda that is on par with OoT and has the same kind of  magical "ability" that draws you into the game.  "
    By magical ability that draws you in you mean "I'm too nostalgic for OoT so no other 3d Zelda game will satisfy me." "
    I don't know, that may very well be true. But I have not been tested as such yet, as there hasn't been a Zelda game yet to match OoT in terms of critical acclaim and actually interest me enough to play it. Windwaker came very close indeed, and I have yet to play that, but the whole tone of the game didn't interest me. So yes, I have very high standards indeed. I would really like a remake of OoT in modern day graphics and sound quality, that would actually entice me to MAYBE pick up a used Wii or something. 
    deadfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By deadfm

I couldn't get into wind waker at all, but I'm almost finished with twilight princess and I really liked it.

dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By dbz1995

I'm guessing if Link can fly it will be with Icarus Wings.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By CornontheCobbe

OoT is simply going to be everyones favorite Zelda game I'd say. I however enjoyed Majora's Mask just as much but thats just me. However I have not played Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass was a complete fail for me. And don't get me started on how gay that Zelda with the Train sounds. The legendary Zelda games ARE really dying.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ThomasP

He's probably talking about the next installment on the DS. I don't think I'd like to see Link fly. I'd rather them make a new Kid Icarus.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Snail

That would suck even more than trains.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Godwind
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @CL60 said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    " @xyzygy said:

@RaikohBlade said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    By magical ability that draws you in you mean "I'm too nostalgic for OoT so no other 3d Zelda game will satisfy me." "
    I don't know, that may very well be true. But I have not been tested as such yet, as there hasn't been a Zelda game yet to match OoT in terms of critical acclaim and actually interest me enough to play it. Windwaker came very close indeed, and I have yet to play that, but the whole tone of the game didn't interest me. So yes, I have very high standards indeed. I would really like a remake of OoT in modern day graphics and sound quality, that would actually entice me to MAYBE pick up a used Wii or something.  "

Sounds like another dynasty warrior's idea.
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @Godwind: It's the same thing with Final Fantasy 7 that people have been wanting. HD remake and all. I don't think it's a bad thing to give the best games of their respective generations a modern makeover while keeping the actual game intact.
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By nail1080
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @Icemael said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    It's not about the game mechanics, it's about the heart, the soul of the game. Perhaps some gamers are not capable of comprehending such an abstract concept in a game, but it doesn't matter to me. Ocarina of Time was the last real Zelda game,
    Stopped reading here. Majora's Mask is a masterpiece in its own right, Wind Waker is also an epic experience with plenty of 'soul' but it's a pity that they rushed the last quarter of the game
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#27  Edited By AgentJ
    @nail1080 said:
    " , 
    Stopped reading here. Majora's Mask is a masterpiece in its own right, Wind Waker is also an epic experience with plenty of 'soul' but it's a pity that they rushed the last quarter of the game "
    I can certainly agree with that. The triforce fetch quest was lame.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Godwind
    @RaikohBlade said:
    " @Godwind: It's the same thing with Final Fantasy 7 that people have been wanting. HD remake and all. I don't think it's a bad thing to give the best games of their respective generations a modern makeover while keeping the actual game intact. "

Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.  It's the second worst in the entire main series, after Final Fantasy 12.
    RaikohBlade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RaikohBlade
    @Godwind said:
    " @RaikohBlade said:
    " @Godwind: It's the same thing with Final Fantasy 7 that people have been wanting. HD remake and all. I don't think it's a bad thing to give the best games of their respective generations a modern makeover while keeping the actual game intact. "
     Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.  It's the second worst in the entire main series, after Final Fantasy 12. "

It is indeed overrated, but it has had the greatest impact on the gaming community out of all the Final Fantasies. FF7 finally got the non-hardcore gamers interested in Final Fantasy, and because of that it has the greatest legacy. Also, it has the most popular characters out of all the Final Fantasies. The core gameplay is amazing IMO. I personally loved the materia system, as it gave a lot of freedom to the player. Limit breaks were awesome, too.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ryanwho

TP has plenty of heart, you just have to collect the fragments first. 
    Badum chh

Avatar image for origina1penguin
    Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Origina1Penguin

I really enjoyed the boat in Wind Waker so I don't think I would mind another travel system. However, I don't have a Wii so I can't really get excited for the next Zelda game anyways.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ryanwho
    @Druminator said:
    " Kinda wish they'd leave Zelda alone and make it how it used to be. I don't want to sail a boat, don't want to ride a train, don't want to be a wolf and I don't have much interest in flying. It'll still be good though. Hopefully. "
    How it used to be? Zelda was always a franchise that tried new things, kid, it didn't go sour till they started playing it safe because of people like you. Zelda 2 added fucking sidescrolling, bro. Link's Awakening was entirely a dream. Majora's Mask ended the third day with Hyrule being destroyed. You're just plane wrong if you think there was ever a time when Zelda games always played it safe. That's entirely new.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#33  Edited By Meowayne

I disagree completely and say that Zelda's single fucking problem is that it sticks too close to a 20 year old forumula.

Any drastic change is more than welcome.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Toxin066
    @Meowayne said:
    " I disagree completely and say that Zelda's single fucking problem is that it sticks too close to a 20 year old forumula.  Any drastic change is more than welcome. "
    I agree. I found myself not liking TP because it felt so much like OoT.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35  Edited By JonathanMoore

mmm. Sounds like an interesting idea. I'd be all over it.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By PureRok

Maybe they'll be like bird wings that strap onto his arms and he'll have to flap? I don't know.

... God I hate posting this again, but I must!

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Godwind
    @RaikohBlade said:

" @Godwind said:

" @RaikohBlade said:
     Final Fantasy 7 is overrated.  It's the second worst in the entire main series, after Final Fantasy 12. "
    It is indeed overrated, but it has had the greatest impact on the gaming community out of all the Final Fantasies. FF7 finally got the non-hardcore gamers interested in Final Fantasy, and because of that it has the greatest legacy. Also, it has the most popular characters out of all the Final Fantasies. The core gameplay is amazing IMO. I personally loved the materia system, as it gave a lot of freedom to the player. Limit breaks were awesome, too. "

-The greatest impact on gaming has been Nintendo games.
    -Final Fantasy 7 got people expanded the market for RPGs
    -No, it has the most iconic characters out of all the Final Fantasies
    -The Core gameplay is redundant and has been done better by other final fantasy games
    -No, limited how much you could equip to your character.  The class system from Final Fantasy 1,2,3,5,8,10 gave way more freedom.
    -Limit breaks suck.  Giant Breasts are awesome. 

@PureRok said:

" Maybe they'll be like bird wings that strap onto his arms and he'll have to flap? I don't know.

... God I hate posting this again, but I must!

"
    HOLY SHIT!!! AN OPINION.  THIS IS HERESY.  BURN THE WITCH.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Doesn't matter because it's just going to get an 8.8, AND THATS EPIC FUCKING FAIL.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By demontium
    @Bucketdeth: This is NOT gamespot, we moved on.
    InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By InfiniteGeass

The game after will feature astronaut Link and his spaceship that can travel through time, so you go back in time and take the tri-force and prevent all of the Zelda games from happening.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@demontium said:
    " @Bucketdeth: This is NOT gamespot, we moved on. "
    I was joking =]
    Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#42  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

Miaymoto was also hinting that he wanted Star Fox to be a bigger hit a few months ago. I mean I'm just putting two and two together here.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#43  Edited By Emilio

Sounds great to me. And yes, I love Wind Waker AND Twilight Princess ( though there was waaaaay too much backtracking in TP, its still a great game ).

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Godwind
    @demontium said:
    " @Bucketdeth: This is NOT gamespot, we moved on. "
    You're right.  This is so getting a 4 stars out of 5 stars.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By demontium
    @Godwind: Lol nice comeback.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.