Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Arc System Works Bringing Wii Motion Plus Fishing Game

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Arc System Works is to release "Bass Fishing Wii World Tournament"  for Nintendo Wii on April 28th in Japan. This fishing game is feature rich, it includes tournament and time attack modes, and online multiplayer mode for four player fishing battles.. The highlight feature is of course it's Wii Motion Plus support, which Arc believe will revolutionize the genre. 

Bass Fishing Wii World Tournament

I'm stoked about this, I fucking love fishing, it's one of my favourite things ever!. I don't care about the games weak graphics, as long as I can sit on my couch eat sausages n smoke while I wait for a bite, I wont care.    

Why do I like fishing? - Rex Hunt, God of fishing, he got me interested 10 or so years back.

I would much prefer it if Sega made a new fishing game.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nukesniper
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " as long as I can sit on my couch eat sausages n smoke while I wait for a bite, I wont care. "
    Nice. I don't partake of sausage enough while gaming it would seem... 

Also, won't this be the 5th game or so to even use the Wii Motion Plus? (Sarcasm) 

I could see the prospect of  Wii doing a good fishing game.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @nukesniper said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

" as long as I can sit on my couch eat sausages n smoke while I wait for a bite, I wont care. "

Nice. I don't partake of sausage enough while gaming it would seem...  Also, won't this be the 5th game or so to even use the Wii Motion Plus? (Sarcasm)  I could see the prospect of  Wii doing a good fishing game. "

O' it's a great combo dude, it beats hot dogs. 

There's quite a few actually, if fact we have a page on site that should list them all.

Wii Motion Plus and the responsivenes it provides should be great for any fishing game, it's just a shame that it's Arc System Works are doing this before Sega. I would expect any Sega made game in this generation to look pretty polished and have a good degree of depth - improving upon the Dreamcast games.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By ryanwho

This game needs sea monsters.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By oldschool

Rex Hunt?  Dear lord he can be annoying and those fish should sexual assault charges  ^-^ 

I have never bought a fishing game as they all seem pretty lame and pointless to me, like the Cabela games.  Am I missing something? 

I do fish for trout in real life and love it and am surrounded by fishing heaven of the Tasmanian highland rivers and lakes.  I rather sit by real water.

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By rallier
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @oldschool said:

" Rex Hunt?  Dear lord he can be annoying and those fish should sexual assault charges  ^-^  I have never bought a fishing game as they all seem pretty lame and pointless to me, like the Cabela games.  Am I missing something?  I do fish for trout in real life and love it and am surrounded by fishing heaven of the Tasmanian highland rivers and lakes.  I rather sit by real water. "

Wha, Rexy's far from annoying!, I find watching his programmes very relaxing bordering on the therapeutic. I could watch him talk about fish for hours on end, in fact, I've done just that many times in the past. I find his enthusiasm for fish very charming,   

I like watching him kiss fish, lol.  

edit: 

They're surprisingly fun.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

@oldschool:

Me too mate, look what I caught in the Lake District last year when I went night fishing with Lisa:  

A Trout with a sexy pout, as Rexy would say :)
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:

" Rex Hunt?  Dear lord he can be annoying and those fish should sexual assault charges  ^-^  I have never bought a fishing game as they all seem pretty lame and pointless to me, like the Cabela games.  Am I missing something?  I do fish for trout in real life and love it and am surrounded by fishing heaven of the Tasmanian highland rivers and lakes.  I rather sit by real water. "

Wha, Rexy's far from annoying!, I find watching his programmes very relaxing bordering on the therapeutic. I could watch him talk about fish for hours on end, in fact, I've done just that many times in the past. I find his enthusiasm for fish very charming,    I like watching him kiss fish, lol.    edit:  The good one's surprisingly fun. "
    He is a former footballer (Australian Rules) and is a commentator on radio and he really is a small dose type as he is really over the top.  He has a bit of history for getting himself in trouble as well.  His wife has significant depression issues and he had another woman all set up for sex and got caught out, plus he attacked a cyclist who annoyed him.  I just can't take to him, but then again, I didn't like Steve Irwin either.  I can't fault his enthusiasm though.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    "  @oldschool:

Me too mate, look what I caught in the Lake District last year when I went night fishing with Lisa:  
       A Trout with a sexy pout, as Rexy would say :) "
    Nice.  I haven't been out this season and I get the itch every time I pass a lake or river on my work travels.  Now the itch is driving me crazy.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @oldschool said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

"   @oldschool:

A Trout with a sexy pout, as Rexy would say :) "
    Nice.  I haven't been out this season and I get the itch every time I pass a lake or river on my work travels.  Now the itch is driving me crazy. "
     Scratch it when you next get the chance mate, you should devote a weekend to it, you could take the girls. (and a fair few snags)   edit:  Just saw your other post. Wow, that's lifted the rose tint right off.  "
    Which post are you talking about?  I challenge that line frequently  :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.