Black Nintendo Wii's US Bound

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

Nintendo have confirmed the black Wii console will hit US stores on May 9th 

#2 Posted by RobJ (398 posts) -

Ohh! Black! That would be perfect for an old Goth like me!

#3 Posted by raphaa00 (133 posts) -

I was chocked when I read that the Kuro Wii hasn't been released in the US.

Anyway, I like the milky Wii better.

#4 Posted by MightyMayorMike (423 posts) -

It's funny, a different colored Wii was pretty much all I needed at one time to make me want to get the system. For some reason I just don't like the white.

I've found that I really don't care about getting a Wii these days, though.

#5 Posted by Tennmuerti (8073 posts) -

I prefer to refer to it as the GiantBomb color.

#6 Posted by raphaa00 (133 posts) -
@MightyMayorMike said:
" It's funny, a different colored Wii was pretty much all I needed at one time to make me want to get the system. For some reason I just don't like the white.  I've found that I really don't care about getting a Wii these days, though. "
It's OK, but you will be skiping some of the best, most unique games ever released.
#7 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -

I just got mine today - Wiis in Australia had a $100 price drop so I couldn't resist. It sure is prett-ee.

#8 Posted by Ratcabbage (250 posts) -

Too bad it doesn't come with the classic controller pro.

#9 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Too bad they didn't release the black version at launch. I'm not gonna buy another one just because of the color.

#10 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@Twilight said:
" Too bad they didn't release the black version at launch. I'm not gonna buy another one just because of the color. "
Exactly.  I have 2 and as much as I like the colour black, it doesn't play the games any different.  If they made some really nice promotional ones, like the Pokemon N64 system, then I could be swayed.
#11 Edited by TripMasterMunky (2402 posts) -

Must not buy....I'm having a hard enough time resisting the DSi XL...

#12 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -

I'm tempted to buy one, then I remember there is only one game I'd want to play on it. So I don't think it's worth it.

#13 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" I'm tempted to buy one, then I remember there is only one game I'd want to play on it. So I don't think it's worth it. "
Come on, you know there are more than one, especially with many at a good bargain price.   I bought a 360 when there was only one game worth playing on it, and then bought another 40 games cheap.
#14 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -
@oldschool said: @oldschool:
" @LiquidPrince said:
" I'm tempted to buy one, then I remember there is only one game I'd want to play on it. So I don't think it's worth it. "
Come on, you know there are more than one, especially with many at a good bargain price.   I bought a 360 when there was only one game worth playing on it, and then bought another 40 games cheap. "
I'm not trying to be a dick. I just honestly can't think of more then one game I want to play on it.
#15 Posted by Shirogane (3569 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @oldschool said: @oldschool:
" @LiquidPrince said:
Come on, you know there are more than one, especially with many at a good bargain price.   I bought a 360 when there was only one game worth playing on it, and then bought another 40 games cheap. "
I'm not trying to be a dick. I just honestly can't think of more then one game I want to play on it. "

I have a Wii, and truthfully, i can't think of 1 game i want to play on it. Well, i can think of games i want to play, that i have sitting right behind me, but not enough to warrant me putting them in or turning on the Wii. 

I really wanted a black Wii, why oh why didn't you release it when i got one nintendo? On the note of colours, i also don't quite like the DSi XL colours. Don't like bronze, and the burgandy has too much burgandy. Nintendo just doesn't understand me...
#16 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @oldschool said: @oldschool:
" @LiquidPrince said:
I'm not trying to be a dick. I just honestly can't think of more then one game I want to play on it. "
Eternal Sonata was the only game I wanted on the 360.  I bought more games because they were cheap and worth a try, but my 360 hardly gets switched on.  I kind of forced myself to play Fable II to see if it was better than the first, and I am left wondering, when does it get interesting.  Nothing so far has anywhere near as enjoyable as Eternal Sonata, but I still get fun from it.

So I do get what you mean and I didn't think you were being a dick - your history doesn't show that.  I just think if you get a Wii and the one game you want, you may be surprised how many more games you will buy and enjoy.
#17 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -
@oldschool:  Well, as side note, I love my DS to death, but the Wii lacks the kind of games that would draw me in I think. I'm sure if I got it, I would end up buying games for it, but that's because hey, I have it, maybe I should use it. If it had something like Professor Layton, or a actual Wii version of Phoenix Wright I would have picked up a Wii without a second thought. I just really don't like Mario and stuff like that (shocker, I know).

The one game I'm talking about that I do want to try is that 2D game that was created by the same people who made Odin Sphere, by the way. I can't quite remember the name.
#18 Posted by Halberdierv2 (1869 posts) -

why didnt they just admit it last year? we're not idiots... if the Wii2/WiiHD/whatever its called doesnt come out anytime soon, i might look at getting it.

#19 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" @oldschool:  Well, as side note, I love my DS to death, but the Wii lacks the kind of games that would draw me in I think. I'm sure if I got it, I would end up buying games for it, but that's because hey, I have it, maybe I should use it. If it had something like Professor Layton, or a actual Wii version of Phoenix Wright I would have picked up a Wii without a second thought. I just really don't like Mario and stuff like that (shocker, I know).  The one game I'm talking about that I do want to try is that 2D game that was created by the same people who made Odin Sphere, by the way. I can't quite remember the name. "
I think that would be Murumasa: The Demon Blade.  It is indeed an excellent game if that is what you refer to.  

Shock, horror as well LQ, I am not the wprld's biggest Mario fan either.  Sure I love Smash Bros, Kart and various sport games (football and tennis), but Mario's "best" stuff is platformers and I am a strategy (mainly TBS, but also RTS) and RPG fan first and second.  I haven't finished Galaxy and Galaxy 2 isn't a first day order for me.  The most fun I have had on the Wii has been Fire Emblem (SRPG) and as a shock to me, House of Dead: Overkill.  Plus, anything to do with Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing is going to make me happy.  I am not even that big a fan of Metroid.  I want to play Sakura Wars, FFCC, Shiren the Wanderer, Phantom Brave and Fragile more than anything of those I have yet to pick up.  In the end, all systems have their place and we buy what we can afford and justify to ourselves.  Nothing wrong with that.
#20 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -

So I'm buying this now. I blame you all.

#21 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -
@LiquidPrince said:
" So I'm buying this now. I blame you all. "
I am prepared to accept that risk  :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.