Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Classic Controller Pro

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

No Caption Provided

Nintendo will be releasing a new housing for the Classic Controller, called the Classic Controller Pro. The device slots into the connector clip of the back of the Classic Controller, the part many had wondered about.

The housing aims to provide better grip making the sticks easier to use, while also shifting the placement of the L and R buttons backwards, both of which the Classic could certainly do with in some games. However, it still does not provide the controller with rumble or a clean wireless functionality, without using the Wii Remote.

No price or launch details just yet.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By bekern

So the mysterious slots on the back are finally put into use!
    This is definatly not for me though. I like how small the classic controller is and never had trouble reaching the sticks.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's not really a question of reaching the sticks, but more the control you have of them. They currently feel loose.  This simple change will help to give you more leverage to control them better.

I wont be buying a thing unless the price is right.

This is yet more white plastic after all, and minimal wiring.

bekern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By bekern
    Linkyshinks said:
    "It's not a question of reaching the sticks, but more the control you have of them.  This simple change will help to give you more leverage to control them better.

I wont be buying a thing unless the price is right.

This is yet more white plastic, and minimal wiring.
    "
    Ah, well I still don't have a big enough problem with it to buy it as I don't have many games that utilize it anyway. And judging by the last shells Nintendo released it will probably be around $15 too..

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Prediction: by the Wii's end lifetime it will have over 100 accessories and or connectors and or addons, It wasn't acceptable in past generations yet it is now.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mushir
    WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Prediction: by the Wii's end lifetime it will have over 100 accessories and or connectors and or addons, It wasn't acceptable in past generations yet it is now.
    "
    Who says you gotta buy all of them?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

If you don't, what will you have to whine about, duh.

They're hardly the first company to redesign controllers in the middle of a system's lifetime. They've all done it actually, and at times they actually had added functionality rather than be a simple redesign (ie, the first dual shock, then the most recent incarnation of the PS3 controller). I'm thinking this particular redesign is related to the lawsuits they had over the classic and gamecube controllers but perhaps not.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#8  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Honestly, I think this is a great idea; I just wish this was available at launch.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Erm? It's just a slight redesign from the original classic controller available at launch, what's the great idea?

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Erm? It's just a slight redesign from the original classic controller available at launch, what's the great idea?"
    I didn't really like the whole feel of the original classic controller to be quite honest. I don't know... it's just an odd feeling; very much like the missing heft the original Sixaxis controllers had.

Plus, those extra shoulder buttons would help with additional move mapping if Super Smash Bros. Brawl allowed it. Not to mention some of the old-school fighters I have downloaded onto my Wii. It's a very niche attachment, I'll give you that.
    Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Bullet_Jr

So basically you are going to pay around $30 for a $10 Gamecube controller?

It looks sleek and comfy but I'm cheap.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Dolphin_Butter
    Bullet_Jr said:
    "So basically you are going to pay around $30 for a $10 Gamecube controller?

It looks sleek and comfy but I'm cheap."
    Well, considering how I already have the Classic Controller, I wouldn't be paying much more. For me personally, dealing out the extra dollars is worth it for the better d-pad and better alternative to the C-stick.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks

I dislike the CC also, I would go as far as to say it's one of the worst pad designs Nintendo have come up with. The sticks have too much movement in them for my liking, and the pad just feels too lightweight given it's size.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14  Edited By Arkthemaniac

NICE!!!!!

I won't be buying one, but now I get to call the old ones "Classic Classic Controllers."
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Sleepy_Insomniac said:
    "Bullet_Jr said:
    "So basically you are going to pay around $30 for a $10 Gamecube controller?

It looks sleek and comfy but I'm cheap."
    Well, considering how I already have the Classic Controller, I wouldn't be paying much more. For me personally, dealing out the extra dollars is worth it for the better d-pad and better alternative to the C-stick.
    "
    There are no extra buttons, they're just positioned differently... Or so I thought...
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

I wish the controller would have rumble but oh well.  I will probably pick it up when it does get released here in the USA.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bullet_Jr
    Linkyshinks said:
    "JJOR64 said:
    "I wish the controller would have rumble but oh well.  I will probably pick it up when it does get released here in the USA."

UPDATE:

"At this time, we do not have any plans to launch the Classic Controller Pro in the United States"

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6205490.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;8"
    Dammit! What the hell?

US gamers are getting the shaft (or at least I am). Everything that sounds like fun or a good deal is always a promo in other countries.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Al3xand3r

You weren't going to get it anyway, you're cheap. Anyway, probably more reason to think the redesign is just for licencing issues.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Linkyshinks

No plans yet, but It will happen, I mean when has Nintendo missed an opportunity to make a peripheral that will make money.  In this case, the opportunity to make money on a badly designed controller from them. There's nothing "Pro" about this, especially if the price is high.

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By JCGamer

Man, screw that controller.  Has any one seen the Super Famicom controller?  That's the new (uhhh old?) hotness.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.