Do You Use the Wii Remote Protector?

#1 Posted by FrozenVX (95 posts) -

Do you use the rubber cushion on your Wii remote?

I used to use it, but then decided to take it off, because it was just inconvenient taking it off whenever I wanted to play Mario Kart Wii.

#2 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

I don't own one but Iv used them at a friends house and I don't really like them. So if I did have one I doubt I would use it.

#3 Posted by Scheds (463 posts) -

I don't really see the point in them. Like, for most Wii games, all you have to do is give the remote a little wave. Are people really flinging it that wildly that they need to protect valuables in their home? I don't like the feel of them either, so I don't think I'll ever send away for them.

#4 Posted by Twilit_Igniter42 (65 posts) -

Nope.  I go commando!

#5 Posted by PaperMario (47 posts) -

I'm warped. I like 'em. :)

#6 Posted by Shiva_ (5 posts) -

No, Its really uncomfortable

#7 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

dont you mean the wiimote condom?

Lol, no I dont. I dont even have one. I have a very good grip on the remote, I even play without wearing the wriststrap.

#8 Posted by MrCynical (66 posts) -

I really don't like the feel of the cover, so I don't use it. It helps that I have sufficient IQ to realise that playing Wii Sports baseball doesn't mean I have to detach the wriststrap and physically throw the Wiimote through the TV screen I guess :P

#9 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

I don't have one.

#10 Posted by Raph (15 posts) -

I was using it but when I got guitar hero I decided to keep it off.

#11 Edited by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I leave it on the Wiimote when I'm not playing the Wii, otherwise I don't find it to be very comfortable trying to play a game with it.

#12 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Nope never

#13 Posted by robbob88 (326 posts) -

Hell no! Its fricken ugly has fuck.

#14 Posted by FrozenVX (95 posts) -

I mean it's comfortable or so I hear from friends that try it, so that's a plus, and it also protects your wii from breaking when it falls. I personally feel more comfortable with the original Wiimote because that was what I started with. That and needing to take it out for mario kart.

#15 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

Nah, don't even have one, didn't see the point.

#16 Posted by Susan (17 posts) -

I don't see the point either.  Was it just a marketing gimmick?  OOOh, you're going to get so excited by your wii game you're not going to be able to grip the remote.  WTF?

#17 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -
Susan said:
"I don't see the point either.  Was it just a marketing gimmick?  OOOh, you're going to get so excited by your wii game you're not going to be able to grip the remote.  WTF?"
I don't really think it was a marketing gimmick. Nintendo was just trying to help make sure no more lawsuits happened with people claiming they had broken their TVs... Supposedly the protector makes it harder for the Wiimote to slip out of your hands.
#18 Edited by Merforga (262 posts) -

I used to use them on my remotes when they weren't in the Wii Wheel, but no I severely dislike them.  They look ugly and feel ugly (lol).  Honestly, if the remote slips out of your hands, you deserve to get your screen cracked, I don't know how the hell that's possible.

#19 Posted by DJ_LaFleur (178 posts) -

nope, never owned one.  If a game is going to involve alot of movement and action from the Wii-Mote, i'll wear the wrist-strap.  that's all i need to be safe from breaking something.

It's pointless for me.

#20 Posted by gamerkc (11 posts) -

I have no idea how it is physically possible for ANY dumbass to break their TV screen unless they try. And they would have to try really hard.

That being said, hell no, I don't use the thing. It looks ridiculous and feels awful. I don't use the strap either, neither of those are needed. Some games I admit MIGHT require the strap, but the glove is taking it way too far.

#21 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

i ordered one online for free but i dont use them because they suck

#22 Posted by clarke0 (1077 posts) -

No, because I think it feels weird and looks really stupid.

#23 Edited by Mindtwist (49 posts) -

Nope, I find it very uncomfortable. Also, the Wiimote can take a lot of hits without breaking, so I see no point.

#24 Posted by Teoball (563 posts) -

well, no, they smell funny.

#25 Posted by Shotaro (820 posts) -

no don't even have one

#26 Posted by SpiredCrescent7 (37 posts) -

I asked for some when nintendo was giving them away, but i never got any

#27 Posted by Major (506 posts) -

Can't stand them

#28 Posted by elektrixx (308 posts) -
FrozenVX said:
"I used to use it, but then decided to take it off, because it was just inconvenient taking it off whenever I wanted to play Mario Kart Wii."
Eww, you use your wheel? How the hell do you control the thing?!

I use the rubber protector all the time. I only remove it for batteries or Guitar Hero.
#29 Posted by Kloreep (139 posts) -

I use them, primarily because I got my Wii recently so my controllers came with them included. By the time I realized the strap was all that's necessary I had gotten used to the feel, so on they stay.

#30 Posted by MikPick (333 posts) -

I never bothered ordering them, so no, I don't.

#31 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

I ordered 2 online and have had it on ever since, but thinking of taking it off soon because it makes the Wiimote look like a space ship.

#32 Posted by Earthbounder (308 posts) -

I don`t have them. But I wouldn`t use them even if I did.

#33 Posted by Mr_Bauer (398 posts) -

i've used it a few times, was just so annoying, i just took it off and haven't used it since

#34 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -

Yup

I use my other Wii Remote for peripherals like the Wii Wheel and Zapper. 'Cause I'm lazy like that >_>

#35 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

No, to me it is uncomfortable. 

#36 Posted by Ossi (1229 posts) -

No I don't use it, I'm not that clumsy.

#37 Posted by Phantom5800 (9 posts) -

I like the grip it gives, it just feels better to me, so yes I do use it

#38 Posted by SSbabel (1141 posts) -

Dont have one, dont need one.

#39 Posted by guthwulf (251 posts) -

I'm using a different one, mainly because it adds color to the Wiimote... I love color. ^_^

#40 Posted by WolfODonnell (39 posts) -

Our Wii came with Wii jackets, my sister put them on, but I took them off for some reason, and it's been like that since. :)

#41 Posted by Dark_Link142 (377 posts) -

Yes. It's comfortable and it keeps my remote fairly clean.

#42 Posted by FoxMcCloud (43 posts) -

Meh they help, the Wii remote I find is annoying sometimes, and the new feel to the wiimote is nice.

#43 Posted by Champy (533 posts) -

i dont use the wii condom because i dont let go when im playing golf etc.

#44 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

I can't not use them now. My hand has adjusted to their feel. Also, since I have the Nyko battery pack, the back of the Wiimote feels really weird when they're not on.

#45 Posted by Cam1 (1 posts) -

I hate having them on! Who breaks their tv screen by throwing a wiimote at it? How much of a dumbass do you have to be?!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.