DS Lite screen brighter than DSI screen?

#1 Posted by 8bitman (23 posts) -

I just bought a DSI and I noticed while comparing it to my older DS Lite that the DSI screen is slightly more yellow than my DSL. Is this the way it should be? It is especially easy to see on the startup screen. It's not much though.

#2 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

The chineese man who assembled it in that horrible factory had to take an emergency pee pee. I'm sorry.

#3 Posted by demontium (4708 posts) -
@Jack268 said:
"The chineese man who assembled it in that horrible factory had to take an emergency pee pee. I'm sorry. "

Yeah my DSi is lighter. I feel sorry for the poor pee pee man.
#4 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

i have a have dsi my gf has a ds lite.  they do wonderful things

#5 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -
@memo said:
" i have a have dsi my gf has a ds lite.  they do wonderful things "

#6 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

I dunno about the brightness. I think the DSLite may be more bright (as that is what it feels like to me), but I sure as hell know that the DSi has a weak ass battery.

#7 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -

You must have your stuff set wrong or something because I have an original DS, DS Lite, and DSi and the DSi is far better. And for the guy complaining about the battery, the problem with the DSi is that the wifi stays on, you save a lot of energy turning it off when you don't need it.

#8 Edited by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@RankRabbit said:

" You must have your stuff set wrong or something because I have an original DS, DS Lite, and DSi and the DSi is far better. And for the guy complaining about the battery, the problem with the DSi is that the wifi stays on, you save a lot of energy turning it off when you don't need it. "

Wow, dude, I should have given the manual a second read. I always wondered why the Wifi light would always be on. And now, I can clearly say that this is the biggest, most wasteful thing I have ever witnessed on a Nintendo handheld. 

I mean, who actually thought this would be cool? 

(I can kinda see it being useful for some games and stuff... Dragon Quest IX being one of them...)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.