Enlighten me....

• 0 results
#1 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -

Hey, I've had the Wii for about 6 months and cannot for the life of me find a decent game, I bought Resident evil 4 which I enjoyed. I came from the ?Xbox 360 to the Wii and I feel likeI've gone back in time.  I dont like all the fanboy games like Zelda, Metroid and Mario..... Did anybody else have the same problem, did you solve it?. If so.......how?
#2 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

Sticking the Wiimote inside you?

#3 Posted by august (3861 posts) -

Th "fanboy" games are all really good. There's a reason they have fans.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19377 posts) -

You're either lazy, or you're not looking hard enough.  I don't own a Wii, but I'll list a few that have been well received/appreciated:

• Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
  • No More Heroes
  • Little King's Story
  • Dead Space Extraction
  • de Blob
#5 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

So basically by "fanboy" games, you mean..I don't like the popular things on the console because they are good.

#6 Posted by cancerdancer (315 posts) -

Dude, you need t-ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD.

#7 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -

Yeah that is why they have fans but I feel like the fanboys on nintendo have been playing...let's say zelda or metroid for years......I'm not intrested, and the fact that you can't come up with a decent game is making me think I have made a big mistake!.
#8 Posted by SBYM (1219 posts) -

If in 6 months you haven't found a single decent game then maybe you should give up on the console.

#9 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

I post this same statement about 6 times a week. Go buy Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

#10 Posted by xyzygy (10066 posts) -

Metroid Prime 3 is amazing. I know you said you didn't like the "fanboy" games but jeez, this game is just... spectacular.

#11 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -
@CL60 said:
"So basically by "fanboy" games, you mean..I don't like the popular things on the console because they are good. "

Fanboy dosen't always mean popular games, fanboy feels like a totally new word on nintendo, a fanboy for zelda would of played all the games, loved every single one of 'em and waits for the next game to come out. A fanboy on xbox say COD wouldve played COD 4 and MW:2.....it's kinda hard to explain ......

@FluxWaveZ said:
"You're either lazy, or you're not looking hard enough.  I don't own a Wii, but I'll list a few that have been well received/appreciated:

• Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
  • No More Heroes
  • Little King's Story
  • Dead Space Extraction
  • de Blob
"

Played them all.... Nothing, and lazy, Ive spent more money on games than I did on the console and resident evil 4 is the only one ive enjoyed.
#12 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

It depends on what kind of game you are looking for. The "fanboy" games are actually pretty good though, or at least the best you could probably get for right now. Try some of them out, and maybe get The Conduit 2 when it comes out, if it's really good. (Trust me, the first one isn't that good.)

#13 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -
@MiamiRedHawks said:
"I post this same statement about 6 times a week. Go buy Muramasa: The Demon Blade. "
I'm gunna check it out thanks for the heads up, unlike these statements that I specifically said i didn't like. 

@damnboyadvance said:
"It depends on what kind of game you are looking for. The "fanboy" games are actually pretty good though, or at least the best you could probably get for right now. Try some of them out, and maybe get The Conduit 2 when it comes out, if it's really good. (Trust me, the first one isn't that good.) "

@xyzygy said:
"Metroid Prime 3 is amazing. I know you said you didn't like the "fanboy" games but jeez, this game is just... spectacular. "

@august said:
"Th "fanboy" games are all really good. There's a reason they have fans. "

#14 Edited by Heylook (235 posts) -

BIT TRIP.

-edit-

It's a cool indie music like game, check it out.

#15 Posted by Arzen (81 posts) -
@Twiggy199 said:
"Yeah that is why they have fans but I feel like the fanboys on nintendo have been playing...let's say zelda or metroid for years......I'm not intrested, and the fact that you can't come up with a decent game is making me think I have made a big mistake!. "
It sounds to me like you may have made a mistake.  It's not that people can't come up with decent games for the Wii, it's that you're not interested in them.  If you didn't get a Wii for Zelda, Metroid, or Mario, what did you get it for?  
#16 Edited by Geno (6477 posts) -

The Wii's main weakness is that almost all of its AAA games are first party, making them rather limited. Other than Mario, Zelda and Metroid you're going to be hard pressed to find any other Tier 1 titles. Games like No More Heroes and de Blob are certainly enjoyable, but if you're looking for GOTY-level titles (I'm presuming, by your reference to RE4), you're a bit out of luck especially if you don't like the first party Nintendo games previously mentioned.

#17 Edited by Coombs (3449 posts) -

Sounds to me like your a pretentious dick, Who bought a system without thinking about what he'd use it for.
Sell your Wii cause you don't like it and then sell your 360 because I don't like running into people like you on Live.

#18 Posted by Organicalistic_ (2954 posts) -
@sopranosfan said:
" Sticking the Wiimote inside you? "
I saw a chick do that once at a party, not inside me inside of herself
#19 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -
@organicalistic_ said:
" @sopranosfan said:
I saw a chick do that once at a party, not inside me inside of herself "
What kind of party was that 0_o?
#20 Edited by thekingoftoilets (195 posts) -

Hmm.. Have you played madworld or the wii version of Okami or house of the dead overkill?

#21 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Wii obviously isn't for you. It hasn't got your kinda games, and it's mainly for multiplayer madness when friends come over. You seem to want single player stuff. 

And i didn't get into No More Heroes either, eh...maybe one day huh?
#22 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -
@Coombs said:
"Sounds to me like your a pretentious dick, Who bought a system without thinking about what he'd use it for.Sell your Wii cause you don't like it and then sell your 360 because I don't like running into people like you on Live. "

sonds to me like you're the pretencious dick........
#23 Edited by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

The only game you noticed is Resident Evil 4?

Dude, there's this thing called GAMING WEBSITES that let you know what games you would like to play.

I hear they are very popular.

It annoys me how someone can be a fan of something as awesome as Hypnotoad yet can't understand the Wii.

#24 Edited by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -

im mereley asking a question, this console wasn't just made for mario, zelda and metroid, so stop all the moaning about thats what its made for, i dont know of any other console that was made for just three titles. 

@Shirogane:    yea i do love the games with friends, and you're right i want a solid singleplayer game....

#25 Posted by Milkman (17202 posts) -

Why don't you enlighten us on some genres and games that you do like? It would be easier to recommend something then.

#26 Edited by Godwind (2597 posts) -

I don't know why everyone is bitching about him using the word "fanboy."  A  games such as Metroid, Mario and Zelda are designed for fanboys then everyone.  The cult just happens to be large. 

If you want a fun RTS, try Dawn of Discovery.

Also, in fair of defense everyone else here, as Milkman said, the OP didn't bother explaining what games he is interested in.

#27 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

I will join the chorus of "why didn't you research your purchase?"  This makes no sense at all and I am afraid that recommending any game to you is an act in futility.  However, if there is just one solid game to point you to, then it is Fire Emblem.  If you don't like that, then you are truly a lost cause.

#28 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/the-consummate-wii-games-list/35-385675/#85

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/hardcore-wii-games/35-415097/#50

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/iv-got-a-wii-sort-of-game-suggestions-plz/35-414563/#14

There already are threads for this, I don't see why you need to make a new one but anyway, here:

First you say you just got RE4, then you're presented with 5 *really* diverse games but suddenly have played them all, and liked none. Not to mention you completely ignore a few more one-off suggestions of great titles (Muramasa, add Monster Hunter Tri to the list, etc). What did you get a Wii for then? Online FPS games? I'm really sorry but suggestions online cannot treat extreme stupidity if you really bought a system for games you enjoy on other systems and it generally doesn't have. And what of "fanboy games" (perhaps a better term is first party games)? You also don't like platformers, first person adventures, fantasy action adventures, racing, role playing tactics games? I guess not, since many of those were already suggested as third party titles as well. Just sell your Wii and spare us the attention seeking drama, don't you have any 360 games to actually play instead of (clearly) post shit like this for entertainment?
#29 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Suck it up and play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It's the only game on the console to get my full recommendation. It's excellent.

Also, if you never owned a Gamecube, buy yourself a GC controller and memory card and then you'll have a ton of great games you can play.

#30 Posted by Dom (436 posts) -

trauma team looks fun

#31 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I'm waiting for point and flail... The Game.

#32 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Claude:  Maybe it'll be the big surprise of E3. My fingers are crossed, dude.
#33 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1484 posts) -

Tatsunoku vs Capcom and the Resident Evil remake are worth a look

#34 Posted by Shirogane (3581 posts) -

Not sure what you're into, Muramasa was kinda fun, but i finished it pretty quickly. The thing about the single player experiences on the Wii are that most of them won't last too long. 

If you like RE4, maybe Shattered Memories? 
For RPGs there are a few coming out, but try out the Tales games? 
You could also check out Red Steel. Or the Conduit, neither are particularly great, but if you're looking for something on the Wii, they're the only things along those lines. 
There's also the house of the dead games, and the RE chronicles games. Trauma Center is great, but you'll probably finish it real fast. 

In short, there's not much on the Wii for what you're looking for, other platforms are where you'll want to go for the kinda single player experience you want. Wii is all about crazy fun, mainly with friends. And it's also not for hardcore amounts of gaming, better in smaller doses.
#35 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -

omg people are so defensive over this, and i like all sorts of games, if i would of asked this on the other 2 platforms i would of had answers without people bein mardy like, im mean a decent 'non fanboy' game for both is metro 2033 or heavy rain for the ps3 and blue dragon on the 360......its not hard. THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2

#36 Posted by Rallier (1739 posts) -
@Twiggy199 said:
 ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2 "
Manhunt 2 is not that great really, well i did not like it all that much. The only thing that it really had going were the brutal kills but they all got censored to death.
#37 Posted by Icemael (6356 posts) -
@Twiggy199 said:
"THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2"
So you don't like Metroid, Zelda or Mario, but you like Manhunt 2

Er... okay.
#38 Posted by Rongaryen (281 posts) -

Actraiser on Virtual Console.  Only reason to have a Wii.

#39 Posted by Twiggy199 (506 posts) -
@Icemael said:
" @Twiggy199 said:
"THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2"
So you don't like Metroid, Zelda or Mario, but you like Manhunt 2?  Er... okay. "

yeah, deal with it!
#40 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Twiggy199 said:
"@Icemael said:
" @Twiggy199 said:
So you don't like Metroid, Zelda or Mario, but you like Manhunt 2?  Er... okay. "
yeah, deal with it! "

Wrong Answer.  You should have said  "Suck it down.  Twiggy199 is going to make you his bitch."
#41 Posted by FlyingRat (1446 posts) -

I think you've clearly made a mistake buying a Wii, not cause there's anything wrong with the Wii, but if you don't like first party Nintendo stuff, you're kinda boned if you buy a Nintendo console. And I believe about 10 non Nintendo games have been mentioned now, none of which you like either. So yes, clearly a mistake.

#42 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

Also, you may want to check out NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.  Not for everyone, but then again, I am sure everyone else will run my ass for it.
#43 Posted by baldus (82 posts) -

I have concluded that you hate fun and have a generally bad taste in games.

#44 Edited by harris (848 posts) -

No offense, but, if you don't like the "fan boy games", you probably shouldn't have bought a Wii.

#45 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

but if you don't like first party Nintendo stuff, you're kinda boned if you buy a Nintendo console.  

Nonsense. I don't like first party stuff either, but the Wii has the best 3rd party offering of any Nintendo console.
#46 Posted by PureRok (4236 posts) -
@Geno said:
" @organicalistic_ said:
" @sopranosfan said:
I saw a chick do that once at a party, not inside me inside of herself "
What kind of party was that 0_o? "
Obviously an awesome party.
#47 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -
@Godwind said:
" Also, you may want to check out NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.  Not for everyone, but then again, I am sure everyone else will run my ass for it. "
NiGHTS is an incredible, emotional game, if you can get past the fact that it is unfinished.
#48 Posted by Gamer_152 (14100 posts) -

I'm not sure what to tell you, I could have recommended quite a few third-party games but by the looks of these comments you're not interested in the very large majority of those. I don't mean to be offensive but if you didn't buy the console for first-party titles (and please don't refer to them as "fanboy games") and don't really know what third-party titles you want then what did you buy your Wii for? If you're really not interested in any of Nintendo's self-developed products or games like Dead Space: Extraction or No More Heroes then I think you're going to have to just decide that this isn't the console for you.

#49 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Willy105 said:
" @Godwind said:
" Also, you may want to check out NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.  Not for everyone, but then again, I am sure everyone else will run my ass for it. "
NiGHTS is an incredible, emotional game, if you can get past the fact that it is unfinished. "
I like it more than Super Mario Galaxy.
#50 Edited by Willy105 (4691 posts) -
@Twiggy199 said:
"

omg people are so defensive over this, and i like all sorts of games, if i would of asked this on the other 2 platforms i would of had answers without people bein mardy like, im mean a decent 'non fanboy' game for both is metro 2033 or heavy rain for the ps3 and blue dragon on the 360......its not hard. THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2

"
Manhunt 2 is just violence after violence. Way to reinforce the stereotype put against you here.

@Godwind said:
" @Willy105 said:
" @Godwind said:
NiGHTS is an incredible, emotional game, if you can get past the fact that it is unfinished. "
I like it more than Super Mario Galaxy. "

Then you got past it! I envy you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.