Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Enlighten me....

• 79 results
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Twiggy199

Hey, I've had the Wii for about 6 months and cannot for the life of me find a decent game, I bought Resident evil 4 which I enjoyed. I came from the ?Xbox 360 to the Wii and I feel likeI've gone back in time.  I dont like all the fanboy games like Zelda, Metroid and Mario..... Did anybody else have the same problem, did you solve it?. If so.......how?
    sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sopranosfan

Sticking the Wiimote inside you?

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By august

Th "fanboy" games are all really good. There's a reason they have fans.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ

You're either lazy, or you're not looking hard enough.  I don't own a Wii, but I'll list a few that have been well received/appreciated:

• Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    • No More Heroes
    • Little King's Story
    • Dead Space Extraction
    • de Blob
    CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By CL60

So basically by "fanboy" games, you mean..I don't like the popular things on the console because they are good.

cancerdancer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By cancerdancer

Dude, you need t-ALL GLORY TO HYPNOTOAD.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Twiggy199

Yeah that is why they have fans but I feel like the fanboys on nintendo have been playing...let's say zelda or metroid for years......I'm not intrested, and the fact that you can't come up with a decent game is making me think I have made a big mistake!.
    SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By SBYM

If in 6 months you haven't found a single decent game then maybe you should give up on the console.

MiamiRedHawks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MiamiRedHawks

I post this same statement about 6 times a week. Go buy Muramasa: The Demon Blade.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xyzygy

Metroid Prime 3 is amazing. I know you said you didn't like the "fanboy" games but jeez, this game is just... spectacular.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Twiggy199
    @CL60 said:
    "So basically by "fanboy" games, you mean..I don't like the popular things on the console because they are good. "

Fanboy dosen't always mean popular games, fanboy feels like a totally new word on nintendo, a fanboy for zelda would of played all the games, loved every single one of 'em and waits for the next game to come out. A fanboy on xbox say COD wouldve played COD 4 and MW:2.....it's kinda hard to explain ......

@FluxWaveZ said:
    "You're either lazy, or you're not looking hard enough.  I don't own a Wii, but I'll list a few that have been well received/appreciated:

• Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
    • No More Heroes
    • Little King's Story
    • Dead Space Extraction
    • de Blob
    "

Played them all.... Nothing, and lazy, Ive spent more money on games than I did on the console and resident evil 4 is the only one ive enjoyed.
    damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By damnboyadvance

It depends on what kind of game you are looking for. The "fanboy" games are actually pretty good though, or at least the best you could probably get for right now. Try some of them out, and maybe get The Conduit 2 when it comes out, if it's really good. (Trust me, the first one isn't that good.)

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Twiggy199
    @MiamiRedHawks said:
    "I post this same statement about 6 times a week. Go buy Muramasa: The Demon Blade. "
    I'm gunna check it out thanks for the heads up, unlike these statements that I specifically said i didn't like. 

@damnboyadvance said:
    "It depends on what kind of game you are looking for. The "fanboy" games are actually pretty good though, or at least the best you could probably get for right now. Try some of them out, and maybe get The Conduit 2 when it comes out, if it's really good. (Trust me, the first one isn't that good.) "

@xyzygy said:
    "Metroid Prime 3 is amazing. I know you said you didn't like the "fanboy" games but jeez, this game is just... spectacular. "

@august said:
    "Th "fanboy" games are all really good. There's a reason they have fans. "

Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Heylook

BIT TRIP.

-edit-

It's a cool indie music like game, check it out.

Arzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#15  Edited By Arzen
    @Twiggy199 said:
    "Yeah that is why they have fans but I feel like the fanboys on nintendo have been playing...let's say zelda or metroid for years......I'm not intrested, and the fact that you can't come up with a decent game is making me think I have made a big mistake!. "
    It sounds to me like you may have made a mistake.  It's not that people can't come up with decent games for the Wii, it's that you're not interested in them.  If you didn't get a Wii for Zelda, Metroid, or Mario, what did you get it for?  
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16  Edited By Geno

The Wii's main weakness is that almost all of its AAA games are first party, making them rather limited. Other than Mario, Zelda and Metroid you're going to be hard pressed to find any other Tier 1 titles. Games like No More Heroes and de Blob are certainly enjoyable, but if you're looking for GOTY-level titles (I'm presuming, by your reference to RE4), you're a bit out of luck especially if you don't like the first party Nintendo games previously mentioned.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Coombs

Sounds to me like your a pretentious dick, Who bought a system without thinking about what he'd use it for.
    Sell your Wii cause you don't like it and then sell your 360 because I don't like running into people like you on Live.

Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @sopranosfan said:
    " Sticking the Wiimote inside you? "
    I saw a chick do that once at a party, not inside me inside of herself
    Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19  Edited By Geno
    @organicalistic_ said:
    " @sopranosfan said:
    I saw a chick do that once at a party, not inside me inside of herself "
    What kind of party was that 0_o?
    Avatar image for thekingoftoilets
    thekingoftoilets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By thekingoftoilets

Hmm.. Have you played madworld or the wii version of Okami or house of the dead overkill?

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By shirogane

Wii obviously isn't for you. It hasn't got your kinda games, and it's mainly for multiplayer madness when friends come over. You seem to want single player stuff. 

And i didn't get into No More Heroes either, eh...maybe one day huh?
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Twiggy199
    @Coombs said:
    "Sounds to me like your a pretentious dick, Who bought a system without thinking about what he'd use it for.Sell your Wii cause you don't like it and then sell your 360 because I don't like running into people like you on Live. "

sonds to me like you're the pretencious dick........
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23  Edited By Willy105

The only game you noticed is Resident Evil 4?

Dude, there's this thing called GAMING WEBSITES that let you know what games you would like to play.

I hear they are very popular.

It annoys me how someone can be a fan of something as awesome as Hypnotoad yet can't understand the Wii.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Twiggy199

im mereley asking a question, this console wasn't just made for mario, zelda and metroid, so stop all the moaning about thats what its made for, i dont know of any other console that was made for just three titles. 

@Shirogane:    yea i do love the games with friends, and you're right i want a solid singleplayer game....

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By Milkman

Why don't you enlighten us on some genres and games that you do like? It would be easier to recommend something then.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Godwind

I don't know why everyone is bitching about him using the word "fanboy."  A  games such as Metroid, Mario and Zelda are designed for fanboys then everyone.  The cult just happens to be large. 

If you want a fun RTS, try Dawn of Discovery.

Also, in fair of defense everyone else here, as Milkman said, the OP didn't bother explaining what games he is interested in.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27  Edited By oldschool

I will join the chorus of "why didn't you research your purchase?"  This makes no sense at all and I am afraid that recommending any game to you is an act in futility.  However, if there is just one solid game to point you to, then it is Fire Emblem.  If you don't like that, then you are truly a lost cause.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Al3xand3r
    http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/the-consummate-wii-games-list/35-385675/#85

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/hardcore-wii-games/35-415097/#50

http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/iv-got-a-wii-sort-of-game-suggestions-plz/35-414563/#14

There already are threads for this, I don't see why you need to make a new one but anyway, here:

First you say you just got RE4, then you're presented with 5 *really* diverse games but suddenly have played them all, and liked none. Not to mention you completely ignore a few more one-off suggestions of great titles (Muramasa, add Monster Hunter Tri to the list, etc). What did you get a Wii for then? Online FPS games? I'm really sorry but suggestions online cannot treat extreme stupidity if you really bought a system for games you enjoy on other systems and it generally doesn't have. And what of "fanboy games" (perhaps a better term is first party games)? You also don't like platformers, first person adventures, fantasy action adventures, racing, role playing tactics games? I guess not, since many of those were already suggested as third party titles as well. Just sell your Wii and spare us the attention seeking drama, don't you have any 360 games to actually play instead of (clearly) post shit like this for entertainment?
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Suck it up and play Metroid Prime 3: Corruption. It's the only game on the console to get my full recommendation. It's excellent.

Also, if you never owned a Gamecube, buy yourself a GC controller and memory card and then you'll have a ton of great games you can play.

Dom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dom

trauma team looks fun

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#31  Edited By Claude

I'm waiting for point and flail... The Game.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TheGreatGuero
    @Claude:  Maybe it'll be the big surprise of E3. My fingers are crossed, dude.
    Avatar image for ownlyuzinwonhan
    OwnlyUzinWonHan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33  Edited By OwnlyUzinWonHan

Tatsunoku vs Capcom and the Resident Evil remake are worth a look

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By shirogane

Not sure what you're into, Muramasa was kinda fun, but i finished it pretty quickly. The thing about the single player experiences on the Wii are that most of them won't last too long. 

If you like RE4, maybe Shattered Memories? 
    For RPGs there are a few coming out, but try out the Tales games? 
    You could also check out Red Steel. Or the Conduit, neither are particularly great, but if you're looking for something on the Wii, they're the only things along those lines. 
    There's also the house of the dead games, and the RE chronicles games. Trauma Center is great, but you'll probably finish it real fast. 

In short, there's not much on the Wii for what you're looking for, other platforms are where you'll want to go for the kinda single player experience you want. Wii is all about crazy fun, mainly with friends. And it's also not for hardcore amounts of gaming, better in smaller doses.
    Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Twiggy199

omg people are so defensive over this, and i like all sorts of games, if i would of asked this on the other 2 platforms i would of had answers without people bein mardy like, im mean a decent 'non fanboy' game for both is metro 2033 or heavy rain for the ps3 and blue dragon on the 360......its not hard. THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2

rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By rallier
    @Twiggy199 said:
     ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2 "
    Manhunt 2 is not that great really, well i did not like it all that much. The only thing that it really had going were the brutal kills but they all got censored to death.
    Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#37  Edited By Icemael
    @Twiggy199 said:
    "THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2"
    So you don't like Metroid, Zelda or Mario, but you like Manhunt 2

Er... okay.
    Rongaryen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38  Edited By Rongaryen

Actraiser on Virtual Console.  Only reason to have a Wii.

Twiggy199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Twiggy199
    @Icemael said:
    " @Twiggy199 said:
    "THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2"
    So you don't like Metroid, Zelda or Mario, but you like Manhunt 2?  Er... okay. "

yeah, deal with it!
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Godwind
    @Twiggy199 said:
    "@Icemael said:
    " @Twiggy199 said:
    So you don't like Metroid, Zelda or Mario, but you like Manhunt 2?  Er... okay. "
    yeah, deal with it! "

Wrong Answer.  You should have said  "Suck it down.  Twiggy199 is going to make you his bitch."
    FlyingRat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FlyingRat

I think you've clearly made a mistake buying a Wii, not cause there's anything wrong with the Wii, but if you don't like first party Nintendo stuff, you're kinda boned if you buy a Nintendo console. And I believe about 10 non Nintendo games have been mentioned now, none of which you like either. So yes, clearly a mistake.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Godwind

Also, you may want to check out NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.  Not for everyone, but then again, I am sure everyone else will run my ass for it.
    baldus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By baldus

I have concluded that you hate fun and have a generally bad taste in games.

harris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By harris

No offense, but, if you don't like the "fan boy games", you probably shouldn't have bought a Wii.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By Meowayne

but if you don't like first party Nintendo stuff, you're kinda boned if you buy a Nintendo console.  

Nonsense. I don't like first party stuff either, but the Wii has the best 3rd party offering of any Nintendo console.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PureRok
    @Geno said:
    " @organicalistic_ said:
    " @sopranosfan said:
    I saw a chick do that once at a party, not inside me inside of herself "
    What kind of party was that 0_o? "
    Obviously an awesome party.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Willy105
    @Godwind said:
    " Also, you may want to check out NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.  Not for everyone, but then again, I am sure everyone else will run my ass for it. "
    NiGHTS is an incredible, emotional game, if you can get past the fact that it is unfinished.
    gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#48  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I'm not sure what to tell you, I could have recommended quite a few third-party games but by the looks of these comments you're not interested in the very large majority of those. I don't mean to be offensive but if you didn't buy the console for first-party titles (and please don't refer to them as "fanboy games") and don't really know what third-party titles you want then what did you buy your Wii for? If you're really not interested in any of Nintendo's self-developed products or games like Dead Space: Extraction or No More Heroes then I think you're going to have to just decide that this isn't the console for you.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Godwind
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " Also, you may want to check out NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams.  Not for everyone, but then again, I am sure everyone else will run my ass for it. "
    NiGHTS is an incredible, emotional game, if you can get past the fact that it is unfinished. "
    I like it more than Super Mario Galaxy.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Willy105
    @Twiggy199 said:
    "

omg people are so defensive over this, and i like all sorts of games, if i would of asked this on the other 2 platforms i would of had answers without people bein mardy like, im mean a decent 'non fanboy' game for both is metro 2033 or heavy rain for the ps3 and blue dragon on the 360......its not hard. THANKS to all the people who have actually named games other than metroid, zelda and mario i will be sure to check em out, ive just found a good game  :D:D MANHUNT 2

"
    Manhunt 2 is just violence after violence. Way to reinforce the stereotype put against you here.

@Godwind said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Godwind said:
    NiGHTS is an incredible, emotional game, if you can get past the fact that it is unfinished. "
    I like it more than Super Mario Galaxy. "

Then you got past it! I envy you.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.