Excitebots Online Mode (Screens)

#1 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -
Nintendo of America has released a handful of screens of the online mode in Excitebots. Six players can race one another at one time over Nintendo's Wi-Fi connection in the regular Excite Race, and Poke Race. Ghost Data exchange and challenges are available as seen in Mario Kart Wii.

Online Mode

#2 Posted by Jensonb (1689 posts) -

Okay...I have to get something off my chest.

I am one of very few people who thought Excite Truck was like, AMAZING. I love Excite Truck.

I find myself completely disinterested in Excitebots. Just can't get past the new direction...Stupid cutesy robot animals? No thanks. I already have Mario Kart Wii for a zany cartoony racer. Excite games are supposed to be abut Extreme Badditude. And Excitebots is...Well it's one of those stupid kiddy racing games that were pseudo-popular in the late nineties.

Not buying it.

#3 Edited by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -

Let me be candid with you. But before I do so, I need to make clear that I am not the titular Wii-basher. I own a Wii, I might be disappointed with it, but I recognize its potential and some of the legitimate games it offers. And now that I have that out of the way...

If you want to play games online get a PC, Xbox 360, or PS3; not a Wii.

Fin

#4 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
Jensonb said:
"Okay...I have to get something off my chest.I am one of very few people who thought Excite Truck was like, AMAZING. I love Excite Truck.I find myself completely disinterested in Excitebots. Just can't get past the new direction...Stupid cutesy robot animals? No thanks. I already have Mario Kart Wii for a zany cartoony racer. Excite games are supposed to be abut Extreme Badditude. And Excitebots is...Well it's one of those stupid kiddy racing games that were pseudo-popular in the late nineties.Not buying it."
Excitebots looks to be everything an Excite Truck sequel should be, if you actually look @ what it offers.

@BiggerBomb, you may not be, but you sound like one often enough. Mario Kart on Wii worked great online, this follows the same route.
#5 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Al3xand3r said:
"Jensonb said:
"Okay...I have to get something off my chest.I am one of very few people who thought Excite Truck was like, AMAZING. I love Excite Truck.I find myself completely disinterested in Excitebots. Just can't get past the new direction...Stupid cutesy robot animals? No thanks. I already have Mario Kart Wii for a zany cartoony racer. Excite games are supposed to be abut Extreme Badditude. And Excitebots is...Well it's one of those stupid kiddy racing games that were pseudo-popular in the late nineties.Not buying it."
Excitebots looks to be everything an Excite Truck sequel should be, if you actually look @ what it offers.

@BiggerBomb, you may not be, but you sound like one often enough. Mario Kart on Wii worked great online, this follows the same route."
Well, people who criticize the Wii for any reason often do.
#6 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Mario Kart Wii's online functionality was pretty good. I was impressed by how everything worked.

#7 Edited by Endogene (4741 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
"Mario Kart Wii's online functionality was pretty good. I was impressed by how everything worked."
It was extremely fluid indeed, spend quite an amount of time playing online with a friend of mine as "guest" cursing a storm whenever there was a blue shell coming for me. Excitebots should be pretty similar and since this game does not have any of the random elements Mario Kart has that sort of ruined it sometimes this should be quite a bit more engaging. Sure hope the custom sound track mode is still there, Atari Teenage Riot's music fitted that game crazyness extremely well.

Wonder if it will be possible to like in Mario Kart Wii go online with 2 players on the same console.
#8 Posted by Jensonb (1689 posts) -
Al3xand3r said:
"Jensonb said:
You're assuming I haven't paid attention to it. You're wrong, I have and it looks lame as hell. I wanted another Excite Truck, not some Robots thing with dumb animals and nonsense.
#9 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Oh well, to each their own. It basically offers more Excite Truck with more awesome, really. The change in design alone is great, but to actually have it serve gameplay functions by gliding (I guess they could have added wings on the trucks? lol.) and stomping is super sweet.

#10 Posted by Grady (163 posts) -

Im still trying to grasp the idea of racing bugs rather than regualar old carts or cars

#11 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -
Grady said:
"Im still trying to grasp the idea of racing bugs rather than regualar old carts or cars"
Because it's EXCITE!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.