Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Final Predictions?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Well, I did a similar thread for Microsoft and I was right, save Rare announcing their games (announce them still though!  It's not too late!!!)

Anyway, with only some whatever hours before the conference, what are you expecting as far as wii goes?

Me
    - New Mario Game, not specifying what kind of mario game
    - Metroid Prime Trilogy will get a mention
    - Some showing of Red Steel 2
    - new Wii _________ (like sports, fit, etc.)
    - Wii Fit +
    - hyping of games no one cares about
    - gloating about sales
    - showing of motion plus
    - showing of wii sports resort....again
    - no mention of any of High Voltage's stuff nor No More Heroes 2
     - new shawn white game
    - rabbids game
    - Zelda trailer. 

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike
    • The next Wii Fit will come out later this year.
    • There will be a new Wii Mario game announced that will also be coming out later this year.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Meowayne

From the other thread:

I think it's great that Nintendo decided to move their priorities to something different, to the "non-games". I can enjoy things like Wii Fit and Wii Music, and at the same time it is more than obvious that without the unbelievably huge presence of first party titles, third party developers in the last months slowly start to gain confidence and budgets to do good stuff (even though few people even notice, being so caught up in how bad Nintendo's 07 sucked that they refuse to look at the facts).

In regards to the conference, I think I hope that it will be exactly like last year. The conference isn't held for us, it's held for the press. For the public. Nintendo wants the press to reach out for the non-gamers, so that's what the focus will be.

Nintendo doing a turnaround and trying to appeal to "us" today will both alienate the public and intimidate the developers that really try to get sales with traditional or original games.

An example: Whether they announce/show Pikmin3 today will have a huge impact on Little King's Story sales. Little King's Story is essentially a Pikmin / Harvest Moon hybrid with a very cynical humor. Few people know of it (because it's not a "Nintendo game!!!1"), and what sales there could have been in the summer when it is released in the US will be utterly smashed if Nintendo announces Pikmin3 today.

Yes, I think I would like today's conference to be all puppies and pink. Those who get off over that already have a set opinion about the console that - as the last weeks show - will never change, and those of us who enjoy the console will continue to play the goodness that comes from Nintendo keeping quiet about their old IPs. I can live with the mockery.

I cannot see them showing Red Steel or No More Heroes or Zelda or anything like that. Today is what Nintendo wants to be talked about in the press. Which is, of course, the best thing they have ever done, marketing-wise. They will talk about sales, audiences, MotionPlus, some new titles, maybe mention Metrod Prime Trilogy, maybe announce Pikmin3, talk A LOT about the DSi, and maybe introduce another new peripheral. That will be about it.

If you want to know about the great games, follow Al3x's, Linky's, oldschool's and my threads. : ]

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.