Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

GameCube Games?

• 100 results
    TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TinaWood

Hi guys & girls, could you please recommend some cool Gamecube games. What GameCube games do you think every Wii owner should try to play or own?.  

I actually used to have a Gamecube, but I sold it along with a few lame games I had for it, now that I have my own Wii I'd like to catch up on some of better titles I missed out on. Lately I've been seeing lots of cheap Gamecube games in my local trade store, last week Monday I bought a game called Chibi Robo, and proceeded to fall completely in love with it!, I found it so moving I actually cried at one point!. Since when did Nintendo makes games so moving!?.  Anyway, I can't believe I never heard about it before, so if there's more like it, I really want to know.

Sorry if you guys have a list for Gamecube game also, but I did look around, a bit.  :P 

Thanks in advance. 

JC  <3 

• Eternal Darkness 
    • Windwaker
    • Animal Crossing
    • Super Smash Bros Melee
    • Rogue Leader
    • F Zero GX
    • Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    • Soul Calibur II
    • Luigi's Mansion
    • Donkey Konga
    • Donkey Konga 2
    • Donkey Kong: Junglebeat
    • Mario Golf
    • Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
    • Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life
    • Tales of Symphonia
    • Super Monkey Ball 1
    • Super Moinkey Ball 2
    • Timesplitters: Future Perfect
    • Timesplitters 2     
    • Mario Party 4
    • Beyond Good and Evil 

Thanks ^ I've actually seen some of these in the store :)
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By nanikore

Sorry, but there are no good Gamecube games.

callumbay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By callumbay

Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin 1 & 2, Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Killer7, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, F Zero GX, Baiten Kaitos.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By EpicSteve

There's a few games for every major Nintendo franchise, Zelda, Mario Kart, Metroid, Super Smash Bros, and Mario are probably your best options.

TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TinaWood
    @iizcallum said:

" Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin 1 & 2, Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Killer7, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, F Zero GX, Baiten Kaitos. "

I know about some of those but there's a few there I have no idea about. I'll check out their game pages now.  

Thanks!    

Eternal Darkness looks cool.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Willy105
    @nanikore said:
    " Sorry, but there are no good Gamecube games. "
    You can't joke like that.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Castro

Very good games have been mentioned already, but I'm gonna throw Super Monkey Ball 2 out there. My ex-roommate and I used to spend many hours with Monkey Soccer. That is a great game that I highly recommend. It's one of the minigames in Super Monkey Ball 2. Monkey Target is also included on the Super Monkey Ball 2 disc so don't you be missin' that. 

I really can't think of anything else that isn't obvious. A lot of the games that have been listed are single player games, but I listed a multiplayer one. Another multiplayer game that I would recommend is Mario Party. I'm not sure which one, it was one of the Gamecube ones. It was probably number 38 or 40, somewhere around there. But yeah, Mario Party games are great with people. 

In conclusion, most of the great single player games have already been mentioned as well as the great multiplayer games. Those were some additional multiplayer games to check out. You take care of yourself now!

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nanikore
    @Willy105 said:
    " @nanikore said:
    You can't joke like that. "
    I wasn't.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @nanikore: now i know you must be trolling !
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By nanikore
    @turbomonkey138 said:
    " @nanikore: now i know you must be trolling ! "
    I'm not. Take Resident Evil 4 for example. Uncharted 2 has much better graphics.
    TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TinaWood
    @Castro said:

" Very good games have been mentioned already, but I'm gonna throw Super Monkey Ball 2 out there. My ex-roommate and I used to spend many hours with Monkey Soccer. That is a great game that I highly recommend. It's one of the minigames in Super Monkey Ball 2. Monkey Target is also included on the Super Monkey Ball 2 disc so don't you be missin' that.   I really can't think of anything else that isn't obvious. A lot of the games that have been listed are single player games, but I listed a multiplayer one. Another multiplayer game that I would recommend is Mario Party. I'm not sure which one, it was one of the Gamecube ones. It was probably number 38 or 40, somewhere around there. But yeah, Mario Party games are great with people.   In conclusion, most of the great single player games have already been mentioned as well as the great multiplayer games. Those were some additional multiplayer games to check out. You take care of yourself now! "

Which Mario Party games are good? There's lots of them when I type it into the search box : /
    raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By raiz265
    @TinaWood said:
    " @iizcallum said:

" Eternal Darkness, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Sunshine, Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Tales of Symphonia, Pikmin 1 & 2, Zelda Windwaker, Twilight Princess, Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes, Killer7, Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, F Zero GX, Baiten Kaitos. "

I know about some of those but there's a few there I have no idea about. I'll check out their game pages now.    Thanks!      Eternal Darkness looks cool. "

i'd rather get the wii version of resident evil 4 than the GC one
    pakx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By pakx
    @TinaWood: none of them. Fuck mario party.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Castro
    @TinaWood: Ah! It took some digging but it seems like the fifth one was the best. That was the one that my friends and I had the most fun with anyway. According to Giant Bomb, it was with the sixth one that they incorporated the microphone. I seem to recall getting the one with the microphone, but we didn't use it that much.

Before you get Mario Party, you should know that they are just stupid, mindless fun. It's pretty much all based on chance and it's just a good excuse to get a bunch of people together and pound on controllers for a while. But, it's lots of fun.
    Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Tirrandir

@iizcallum said:

This.  I've played all of these, and maybe the JRPGs aren't to everyone's taste (I could NEVER get into Baiten Kaitos), but it's a solid list. 

Killer7 is unappreciated genius. One of my favorite games ever.

Also, if you don't have it, the GCN Animal Crossing is really good.  But it's the same game that's been on Wii and DS, so don't double dip.  I'd also suggest trying out Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader.  That's my favorite Star Wars game and up there with Star Fox 64 as my favorite flight-shooter game.  

If you like shmups and don't have it on a 360, if you can track down Ikaruga, that's also fantastic.  

Also, a short list of other games: Viewtiful Joe, Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (make sure you have someone to play with), Soul Calibur 2. 
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By turbomonkey138
    @nanikore said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    I'm not. Take Resident Evil 4 for example. Uncharted 2 has much better graphics. "

No Caption Provided
    nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By nail1080
    @nanikore said:
    well since you've backed up your statement so well I believe you

Games to buy on the most fun console of last gen and a console I rate much higher than the Wii are:

Zelda Collectors Edition, Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Twighlight Princess, Eternal Darkness, both Metroid Prime games, Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Mario RPG, F Zero
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Castro
    @TinaWood: Also, keep in mind that Mario Party is strictly a party game. It's awesome with four people. With three people, it's nowhere near as good. Don't even bother if you have less than that. I'm assuming that you have friends and at least acquaintances that you will be playing with. Earlier, pakx said, "none of them. Fuck mario party." I don't know if you are familiar with this guy or not, but he's kind of an ass. Disregard this child.
    Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jadeskye
    @iizcallum said:
    this.
    Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By Dalai

I'm gonna throw out there Luigi's Mansion. Surprisingly good game.

nyuckelhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By nyuckelhead

a little game i like to call Viewtiful Joe..  Henshin-a-go-go, baby!!

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By FreakAche

Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Pikmin, Pikmin 2, The Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Resident Evil 4, Rogue Leader, Paper Mario, Mario Power Tennis, Mario Kart, Luigi's Mansion, Super Smash Bros Melee, Animal Crossing

Oh, and Star Fox Adventures is nowhere near as bad as people say it is.

erinfizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#23  Edited By erinfizz

If you can find the drums for it I would suggest Donkey Konga.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#24  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Some of my favourites are Super Mario Sunshine, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, Pikmin 1, Pikmin 2, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes and Mario Kart: Double Dash. Man, I had some really great times with my Gamecube.

roofy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By roofy

Pikmen was the game i spent most time playing on my gamecube.

it felt strangely satisfying building a little army of plant people :)

raiz265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By raiz265
    @jadeskye said:
    " @iizcallum said:
    this. "
    +viewtiful joe
    jNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By jNerd
    @nanikore said:

That's quite an erroneous statement duder.
    Castro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Castro
    @TinaWood said:
    I do know how to deal with children vying for attention :) "
    You're awesome! Also, someone mentioned Super Mario Sunshine. Fuck, it might have been a few people... Regardless, it's actually a really great game so you should check that out as well. Also, I haven't played Luigi's Mansion myself, but my roommate swears by it. Take that for what it's worth.
    eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By eroticfishcake

Good suggestions though I'm more concerned on how to get the games in the first place. They're virtually nonexistant apart from the second hand shop in town. >_>

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Godwind

I would skip on the Metroid Prime games since you can get Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii, a compilation of all three games with some refined controls. Anyways, I will make my own list. I would avoid Super Mario Sunshine, there isn't something right about it. 

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess- Even though I know you own the Wii Version, you should get the Gamecube version anyways, just depends on how much you are willing to pay.  It is a real mind fuck, especially after playing the Wii version first.  Since the entire world is mirrored, your sense of direction is messed with.  Gamestop's pricing is pretty expensive.

Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition- Instead of buying the Virtual console games, buy this version.  You will save some money and get some extra content too.

Legend of Zelda: Master Quest- A more difficult version of Orcarina of Time.  Some dungeons as well.

Legend of Zelda: Four Swords- Okay, this will be the last of the Zelda games. The game goes with an overhead view, requiring you to control 4 links.

Soul Calibur 2- Even though you can get Soul Calibur 2 on any system, the addition of Link makes it far better.  Soul Calibur 2 isn't the most refined fighter in my opinion, but isn't very technical and is very easy to mash away with.

Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2- A really nice beat em up game.  You can do a lot of funky stuff like slow down time and zoom in.  It is pretty nutty.

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time- The Prince of Persia games are pretty interesting and really forgiving for a platformer.  I would suggest this over Super Mario Sunshine any day.  The game allows you to reverse time, do some parkour stunts.  In addition, they added a fairly stylish, although sometime slow, combat portions to keep the game fresh.

NBA Street V3-  Let the video explain.

It is just so bizarre to watch.

NFL 2K3- The NFL 2K series are part of the best made football games and I would recommend it over any Madden game, period. Football games can be a lot of fun to play, although I never thought buying a new release every year was worth it.

F-Zero GX- This is really difficult so be warned.  It is one of the best racing games I have ever played, and you can pick it up for a pretty cheap price too.

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door - It's a Mario RPG, and like all Mario RPGs, they kick ass.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance- This is an RPG that focuses heavily on turn-based Grid level tactical combat.  The story is kind of dry in comparison to other RPGs but the gameplay is solid.

Ikuraga- This a pretty rare find.  If you get a chance to pick it, you will find one of the most refined games made by Treasure.

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes- I played the Playstation version, which kept me going.  Apparently they added the refined MGS2 controls to this version so it probably would be worth a look.

Skies of Arcadia Legends: Where as Final Fantasy was a depressing RPG, this game is a lot more light hearted.  It has ship combat to keep things interesting.  The major downfall is that there is a lot of random battles.

Star Fox Advetures- A Zelda clone with Fox McCloud.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles- Some people found this to be a disappointment, but liked it a lot.  It had a composition that really complimented the environments.  Non-linear stage selection, so you had your choice of what you wanted to do.

Luigi's Mansion- It was pretty short for a game, with about 5 to 6 hours of gameplay.  Although that is commenting on a game that cost $50 at the time, and being a launch title, the price has simmered down a bit.

Killer 7- A really bizarre game.  It takes a while to get use to and settle into, but it is an enjoyable experience.
    Tirrandir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Tirrandir
    @Godwind:   Oh man, I forgot about Prince of Persia: Sands of Time.  That is a definite must get. 
    TinaWood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By TinaWood

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I'll be hunting these down over the next couple of weeks. 

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#33  Edited By Snail

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is a must.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CornontheCobbe

I had the following years ago and thoroughly enjoyed them.

• Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
    • Super Mario Sunshine
    • Resident Evil: Remake
    • Zelda Windwaker
    • Sonic Ultimate Collection
    • Metroid Prime
    • Timesplitters 2
    • Timesplitters: Future Perfect
    • Viewtiful Joe
    • Soul Caliber 2
    • Super Smash Bros Melee
    Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
    deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you didn't play it on anything else try out an SSX game.

Avatar image for equal_opportunity_destroyer497
    Equal_Opportunity_Destroyer497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@Snail said:
    " Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is a must. "
    This. It kind of looks like ass now, but it's still a great experience.
    DewRequired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DewRequired
    @nanikore said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    I'm not. Take Resident Evil 4 for example. Uncharted 2 has much better graphics. "
    ......lol?
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By nanikore
    @DewRequired said:
    " @nanikore said:
    " @turbomonkey138 said:
    ......lol? "
    YOU GOT TROLLED BITCH
    haoshiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By haoshiro

Chibi-Robo is awesome, there is also one for the DS, fyi (sold only at Wal-Mart, afaik). 

Most of these have been mentioned before, but this is my own list:  Pikmin, Paper Mario, Metroid Prime, Viewtiful Joe, Beyond Good & Evil, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, Windwaker, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour, F-Zero GX, Starfox Adventures, and TimeSplitters 2. 

Many of those are not GameCube-only (VFJ, BG&E, PoP:SoT) but they are the platform I preferred to play them on (highly do not recommend playing the PC versions).

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JJOR64

Here are some Gamecube games that I love:        (Sorry if they are listed somewhere already)

Those are just some of the great games on Gamecube.

@nanikore said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @nanikore said:
    I wasn't. "

No Caption Provided
    nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By nanikore
    @JJOR64 said:
    "  Here are some Gamecube games that I love:        (Sorry if they are listed somewhere already)

Those are just some of the great games on Gamecube.

@nanikore said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @nanikore said:
    I wasn't. "

No Caption Provided
    "

No Caption Provided
    Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42  Edited By Cube

No!

Thanks

Cube <3

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#43  Edited By Tireyo

I'm going to recommend something different because I don't really want to repeat something that someone else said. There are plenty of great choices.

Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By oldschool

I am going to repeat some of the others as well, but I wii list the games I enjoyed the most from my 110 game GameCube collection (keep in mind I had quite young  children at the time, so I will bypass the movie tie-ins, plus most games available on another system):  
    I hope you find some them and have fun  :-)
    My GameCube collection.   

2. Animal Crossing  The best Animal Crossing game.
    3. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean  Possibly the best RPG on the system.
    4. Baten Kaitos Origins  More Baten Kaitos goodness, but not as good as the other.
    7. Chibi-Robo!  Super cute and adorable fun.
    8. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles  Better as a multiplayer (needing cables and GBAs), but still good.
    9. Tales of Symphonia  Right up there with Baten Kaitos for RPG joy.
    10. WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$  Just insane fun as always.
    11. F-Zero GX  Still waiting for a Wii version, but a lot of fun.
    12. Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life  As good as the  other, but you play as a girl.
    13. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life  The best version of Harvest yet and a real time killer.
    15. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures  Sensational multiplayer fun, requiring GBAs to get the most out of it.
    16. Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour  Alwaqys fun.
    19. Star Fox

Starfox Assault - not brilliant, but still fun.

20. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III - Rebel Strike

If you enjoy Star Wars, they don't come a lot more fun than this series.

23. Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg  Really underrated and more cute fun.
    26. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

An absolute must have.

27. Donkey Konga  If you can get one with the bongos (I have four bongo sets) it is good fun.
    29. Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance  My absolute favourite game on the GC (and any other), but you have to like strategy games.
    30. Luigi's Mansion  Underrated, short but very good.
    33. Mario Party 4  A lot of fun as a multiplayer only.  My kids and I enjoyed it a lot.
    36. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door  Top notch Mario.
    41. Wave Race: Blue Storm  Good fun if you enjoy this type of game.
    45. Soul Calibur II  It has Link and that alone makes it worthwhile regardless of the other versions.
    46. Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader  More Star Wars goodness.
    47. Star Fox Adventures  Not perfect, but a nice adventure game.
    49. Super Mario Sunshine  Excellent as usual.
    50. Super Smash Bros. Melee  Every SSB is worth owning.  This is no exception.

august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By august

Viewtiful Joe is awesome. 
    Wind Waker is wonderful.

The camera in Mario Sunshine is a war crime.
    Tales of Symphonia has some horrible fucking jrpg angst and characters. Good combat. But by the end if you're an adult you'll probably want to puke.
    As an antidote try Skies of Arcadia. The combat isn't nearly is good but it's charming, the characters are fun and it doesn't think it has anything deep to say about goddamn racism or the nature of existence or whatever the fuck.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By Willy105
    @august said:
    "  The camera in Mario Sunshine is a war crime."
    What? That had the best controllable camera I have seen in a game. You could literally place it anywhere you wanted.

Unless you didn't want to control it, which is silly considering it's a 3D platformer, and the camera is the really big part of the gameplay, so one that you can control very well is a good camera.
    Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#47  Edited By Symphony
    @iizcallum said:

Pretty much nailed them all. The only one I'd add would be Super Monkey Balls 2. That game is a great puzzler if you can look past the "story" aimed at 3 year olds (which makes no sense, as the levels can be unforgivingly brutal later on so it's not exactly a game 3-year olds can actually play).

Edit: Oh and I'm going to go ahead and say you won't miss a lot if you don't play Mario Sunshine (or F Zero GX for that matter) ;P Just my opinion, though.
    august

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By august
    @Willy105 said:
    " @august said:
    "  The camera in Mario Sunshine is a war crime."
    What? That had the best controllable camera I have seen in a game. You could literally place it anywhere you wanted.  Unless you didn't want to control it, which is silly considering it's a 3D platformer, and the camera is the really big part of the gameplay, so one that you can control very well is a good camera. "
    A good camera is one where the default position isn't useless 60% of the goddamn time. Like it was in Sunshine. 

There's a reason Jeff described playing the game as an office-door-closed affair.
    Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ryax
    @iizcallum said:
    all you need
    JohnRehill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By JohnRehill
    @nanikore said:
    Facts backing this up?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.