Good way spend my left over Wii Shop points?

#1 Edited by dogman795 (109 posts) -

Okay, here's the situation: 
I've bought $36 (3600 points) worth of virtual console games on the Wii. Metroid and Super Mario 2 were 500 each and then i bought Shining Force, which was 800, bringing my total to 1800. Nintendo only let's you purchase points in increments of 1000 ($10), so i had 200 left. Today, i rounded out my Zelda collection by finally getting A Link To The Past, which was, again, 800. I now have 400 points left over and the chepest stuff is 500, i know i'll have to spend even more money unfortunately... So anyone have a good way of brining me back down to zero points? 

EDIT: Your ideas can involve me spending upwards of $20 extra. Hope that helps

#2 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@dogman795
Put 10 dollars in, get a TurboGrafx game for 600 pts, you'll have 800 pts left you can get a SNES or Genesis game. 

Or, you can put 10 dollars in, get a Snes or Genesis game for 800 pts, and you'll have 600 pts left to get a TurboGrafx game. 

Or, you can get a TurboGrafx CD game for 800 pts, and you'll have 600 pts for a TurboGrafx game.  

Or, you can get a TurboGrafx CD import for 900 points, and you'll have 500 points left for a NES or Master System game.

I'd recommend Splatterhouse, Bonk's Adventure, Soldier Blade, Bomberman '93, Star Parodier, Rondo of Blood, or Ys Book I & II.
#3 Posted by msavo (7523 posts) -

Are there any Wiiware games for 400 points?

#4 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@RE_Player92:  
No, the cheapest games are 500 pts.  
There used to be a rumor that Sega Master System games would be 400 pts, but they released them at 500 pts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.