Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

GTTV On Thursday

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

I just thought I would let you know that Geoff Keighley, executive producer for GameTrailers TV, has promised a Nintendo focused episode this Thursday via his Twitter account: 

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley  :

"Big Nintendo episode of GTTV coming up on Thursday - more details soon."

I would obviously hope for another reveal of some sort, but I can only really see this programme focusing on Excitebike WiiWare, which for the vast majority of fans, will be disappointing.  

Haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Haziqonfire

Probably nothing big. If anything I'm hoping for some information about the rest of Nintendo's line up for 2010 though doubt that's happening.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Haziqonfire said:
    " Probably nothing big. If anything I'm hoping for some information about the rest of Nintendo's line up for 2010 though doubt that's happening. "

That will likely happen in March at the Game Developers Conference. The GB team should be there, seeing a though it's taking place in San Francisco. 
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Willy105
    @Haziqonfire said:

" Probably nothing big. If anything I'm hoping for some information about the rest of Nintendo's line up for 2010 though doubt that's happening. "

GTTV is a journalist show. They just report on what they know.

They are probably going to clue people in on the Wii's holiday 2009 and 2010 lineup, because inexplicably everyone ignores.
    Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Maybe they'll show their review of NSMB Wii? That's the only obvious thing that I can think of aside from Excitebike.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Willy105
    @AnimZero said:
    " Maybe they'll show their review of NSMB Wii? That's the only obvious thing that I can think of aside from Excitebike. "
    Castlevania: The Adventure (Wii), Phantasy Star Zero (DS), Rabbids Go Home (Wii), Final Fantasy: The Crystal Bearers (Wii), Zelda Spirit Tracks (DS) and some others I can't think of the top of my head for this holdiay season, and/or of they do some 2010 stuff, they might talk about Red Steel 2, Other M, Mario Galaxy 2, and some others.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Meowayne

Why does Reggie do a worse job at presenting what is good and available on the Wii than the chaps around here? 

How can he go on record saying "The Conduit was a very good game!" Mergh.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

Because nobody tells another large publisher like SEGA that their product is sub par? Why was he even asked about it?

Is there anything interesting there or should I not bother?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By Meowayne

It's basically "New Super Mario Bros Wii" and "Zelda Spirit Tracks!" only. No other big releases are mentioned (other than a short clip of DS: E) or shown. Its kind of sad.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Willy105

I didn't like it.

It was pretty much the "New Super Mario Bros. Wii with a bit of Zelda" episode. They didn't cover any of the other Wii or DS games coming out.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By demontium
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By demontium
    @Willy105: And they confirmed zelda wii to have WM+ and NO WII HD!
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#14  Edited By Hailinel
    @Meowayne said:
    " It's basically "New Super Mario Bros Wii" and "Zelda Spirit Tracks!" only. No other big releases are mentioned (other than a short clip of DS: E) or shown. Its kind of sad. "
    It's really up to the third parties how much they want to push their games.  In any event, this episode was centered around Mario and Zelda with some lame Skate 3 footage sandwiched in.  They were there to talk about Nintendo's line-up, not the line-ups of third parties.  In an informal interview like that, I doubt that anyone really expected Reggie to belt out a list of the big third-party titles hitting during the holiday season.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Willy105
    @demontium said:
    " @Willy105: And they confirmed zelda wii to have WM+ and NO WII HD! "
    But Miyamoto said Zelda Wii was going to be Motion Plus only in E3 2009, and we always knew there was not going to be a Wii HD since the Wii was being called the Revolution.

@demontium said:
    "
    "

Yeah, that was pretty huge. IGN also broke out the news as well. But then again, it does happen in the first 10 minutes, so it's not as much a spoiler as a story device.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

E3 2009 wasn't that long ago, a new system coming so soon would have been planned since long before then if that was the case, and he's been repeatedly asked about the game since then from various websites, sometimes elaborating further on motion plus use, up until very recently. Zelda is coming to Wii, it's as simple as that. If it will also coincide with the launch of another system, similar to TP, is another matter, but I honestly doubt that considering the Wii is no GameCube in terms of requiring a quick death... A real "WiiHD" (as opposed to "Wii 2" or whatever) that doesn't offer much beyond upscaling would be plausible but on the other hand Nintendo made it clear that a new system launch would offer more than just HD, so I simply don't think anything is coming at all and anything else is purely speculation that once again tries to put the Wii down as a system that will be obsolette within a few months as the media have been trying to do since 2006, with no success.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#17  Edited By Hailinel
    @Willy105 said:
    " @demontium said:
    " @Willy105: And they confirmed zelda wii to have WM+ and NO WII HD! "
    But Miyamoto said Zelda Wii was going to be Motion Plus only in E3 2009, and we always knew there was not going to be a Wii HD since the Wii was being called the Revolution.

@demontium said:
    "
    "
    Yeah, that was pretty huge. IGN also broke out the news as well. But then again, it does happen in the first 10 minutes, so it's not as much a spoiler as a story device. "
    Still, Nintendo did manage to keep it under wraps this whole time and no one saw it coming.  So I guess in Spirit Tracks, you help Zelda rescue herself.  That's pretty neat, actually.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.