How can people like the Nintendo Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

I mean, what does the console have going for it? 

Online sucks, controls are bullshit for the most part, the games are all ''meh'', seriously...what does it have going for it? 

Someone please tell me, why would you buy this if the games are only ''meh''.

#2 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Awesome thread! 

#3 Posted by eroticfishcake (7782 posts) -

Oh this is going to end well. Just so you know, I like the Wii and it has great games for it. That is all. I'm leaving.

#4 Posted by Ghostiet (5224 posts) -

Shit, we need popcorn in a minute, that train is never late.

#5 Posted by Warfare (1632 posts) -

Men like men anything is possible.

#6 Edited by CaptainObvious (2993 posts) -

Amazing. Yes. Nice shot. Bullseye.

I like my Wii, I played some great games on it and I'm looking forward to future releases.

#7 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@Ghostiet said:
" Shit, we need popcorn in a minute, that train is never late. "
This will get locked before anything even happens. 

I sort of wish it didn't though, it would be entertaining. 
#8 Posted by nanikore (2740 posts) -

The WDF will be here shortly to tell you about how good shovelware is.

#9 Posted by AlwaysAngry (2924 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" The WDF will be here shortly to tell you about how good shovelware is. "
Hehehe...
#10 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" The WDF will be here shortly to tell you about how good shovelware is. "
Yes! Do it!
#11 Posted by Illmatic (1358 posts) -

I never get to see these train wrecks from the beginning. I'm taking a seat in front of these tracks.

#12 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -

Yes, there is no good games for the Wii. You know what, fuck the Wii..... Oh, wait..

#13 Edited by jasondaplock (260 posts) -

I personally prefer the Sony Wii. It's got Uncharted, the online is pretty good, the motions controls aren't too good but hey...you take what you can get.

#14 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -

Oh and guys, I am not a troll either. 

I just don't like the Wii, simple.

#15 Edited by Icemael (6312 posts) -
@Yukoei said:

"Online sucks, controls are bullshit for the most part, the games are all ''meh'', seriously...what does it have going for it? Someone please tell me, why would you buy this if the games are only ''meh''. "

If you expanded your search for quality Wii games beyond shitty Youtube comments, I think you'd find that the Wii has plenty of great games. 

Granted, not as many as the 360 or the PS3, but more than enough to justify a purchase.
#16 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

You're all a part of the problem, including me!

#17 Posted by owl_of_minerva (1455 posts) -
@Yukoei:  This isn't a well-formulated thread, but for the sake of closing such an irritating discussion, I will answer.
(1) Do you like Mario, Zelda, Metroid, or Resident EvIl? I've heard those are pretty important franchises for modern gaming.
(2) Online is always a mixed bag, and usually more shit than worthwhile - with it comes subscription fees, nickel-and-dime DLCs, crappy communities, etc. If I can play a game that's longer than 4 hours because it doesn't have multiplayer then that is perfectly ok with me.
(3) Classic controller, GC controller. The Wii-mote isn't that bad, especially with the motion plus. Have you actually tried it? Some genres are much improved, and it isn't that hard to get used to - lightgun shooters, adventure games,  sports, etc.
(4) There are plenty of good games for it, enough to keep most people busy, and some of them are criminally under-rated. You should probably do some research.
No one buys a system because they think it's meh. They buy a system because it has games they can't get elsewhere and want to play.
#18 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Where are the defence force? GODAMMIT, WHERE ARE THEY?!

#19 Posted by erinfizz (1048 posts) -

The next time I need a definition of "flamebait" I'm going to point to this thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.