Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

How do you feel about the Wii?

• 177 results
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#151  Edited By Meowayne

clayman & whisperkill: How many Wii games did you play this year?

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#152  Edited By Geno

Infinity Ward just dropped any future development on the Wii because they consider it to be inferior hardware, and unable to present the cinematic experiences that they strive for. I think the same sentiment is mirrored in many other studios as well. 

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#153  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Meowayne: You're really starting this again?
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Meowayne

Yes, HandsomeDead, and I will continue to do so. I don't play PS3 and I cannot name 5 PS3 titles that interest me. I am a PSX and PS2 owner - do I troll around PS3 threads mourning how Sony treats me? No, because I am not completely retarded as I realize the single reason for this is that I am not up-to-date on the subject matter. 

Geno: Yes, thank you. That is exactly the reason why owning a Wii is an awesome thing. "Cinematic experience" is shooting dudes for 20 hours in HD. Which is fine, once in a while. But dear god, not all the time. Play some A Boy And His Blob and Wii Sports Resort to remember what videogames are about, for christ's sake.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Meowayne said:
    " Yes, HandsomeDead, and I will continue to do so. I don't play PS3 and I cannot name 5 PS3 titles that interest me. I am a PSX and PS2 owner - do I troll around PS3 threads mourning how Sony treats me? No, because I am not completely retarded as I realize the single reason for this is that I am not up-to-date on the subject matter."
    Unless I'm missing something, I don't see as many blatant troll bait threads about the PS3 or 360 as I do about the Wii. I assume it's an Emperor's New Clothes style of enlightenment you and your kind get from posting like this but you should know that posting essays on why the Wii is good gets no one anywhere and makes you (plural) look like a complete dick.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156  Edited By ThomasP
    @ThomasP said:
    " Loft's of action in this thread.I have and enjoy my Wii, but there is a void in my heart. The PS3 will fill that someday soon. "
    Posted that a while back. I'm actually thinking of just sticking with the Wii these days; especially if an upgrade or new system is released that can do what the PS3 does currently. I've been missing some key Capcom games and a good basketball game.
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#157  Edited By Willy105
    @Geno said:
    " Infinity Ward just dropped any future development on the Wii because they consider it to be inferior hardware, and unable to present the cinematic experiences that they strive for. I think the same sentiment is mirrored in many other studios as well.  "
    Infinity Ward has gotten a lot of flak for saying this, especially over at NeoGAF and other forums, but it's a valid complaint. According to a Treyarch developer who is porting CoD4 to the Wii, he said he had to divide levels into segments to make it possible on the Wii, since the Wii has less place to store game information without loading compared to an HD system.

But then again, they did manage to make it on the Wii, even though it was by chewing step by step instead of gulping the full thing at once. Really, IW just doesn't want to go thru the trouble of chewing when you can just gulp it whole with ease.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Willy105 said:
    " @Geno said:
    " Infinity Ward just dropped any future development on the Wii because they consider it to be inferior hardware, and unable to present the cinematic experiences that they strive for. I think the same sentiment is mirrored in many other studios as well.  "
    Infinity Ward has gotten a lot of flak for saying this, especially over at NeoGAF and other forums, but it's a valid complaint. According to a Treyarch developer who is porting CoD4 to the Wii, he said he had to divide levels into segments to make it possible on the Wii, since the Wii has less place to store game information without loading compared to an HD system.  But then again, they did manage to make it on the Wii, even though it was by chewing step by step instead of gulping the full thing at once. Really, IW just doesn't want to go thru the trouble of chewing when you can just gulp it whole with ease. "
    I know. Talk about a lazy studio.
    JonathanMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 2

#159  Edited By JonathanMoore

I have a Wii. It's a good console and there's plenty games I haven't played for it. There could be some more Killer App's though.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Willy105
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Geno said:
    Infinity Ward has gotten a lot of flak for saying this, especially over at NeoGAF and other forums, but it's a valid complaint. According to a Treyarch developer who is porting CoD4 to the Wii, he said he had to divide levels into segments to make it possible on the Wii, since the Wii has less place to store game information without loading compared to an HD system.  But then again, they did manage to make it on the Wii, even though it was by chewing step by step instead of gulping the full thing at once. Really, IW just doesn't want to go thru the trouble of chewing when you can just gulp it whole with ease. "
    I know. Talk about a lazy studio. "
    Not lazy. But SPOILED.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Geno said:
    Not lazy. But SPOILED. "
    Spoiled how? By making a game popular enough that covering two thirds of the market sells so well that they don't especially need to work on cramming it onto a less powerful system?
    Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Willy105
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Geno said:
    Not lazy. But SPOILED. "
    Spoiled how? By making a game popular enough that covering two thirds of the market sells so well that they don't especially need to work on cramming it onto a less powerful system? "
    Yeah. Exactly like that. You got it perfectly right. They simply don't do it because they don't need to.
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Geno said:
    Not lazy. But SPOILED. "
    Spoiled how? By making a game popular enough that covering two thirds of the market sells so well that they don't especially need to work on cramming it onto a less powerful system? "
    Yeah. Exactly like that. You got it perfectly right. They simply don't do it because they don't need to. "
    So how does that make them spoiled? They've got their corner of the market and generating content for the Wii deviates from that.
    09spademan09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164  Edited By 09spademan09

I have a wii. When i got it i wasn't really impressed with it but i didn't expect more from it to be fair. The advertisement that came out with the console was what tricked me into buying one. The few games that have been brought out with the wii really make is stand out, e.g. resident evil 4. Resident evil 4 is a unique game that enable to player to run, shoot, and stab objects or people. The real downfall with the wii is the range of games with it, some games just don't work with the wii, e.g. rayman raving rabbits. These games put down a console that could of really shone out in the gaming world. :)

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Willy105
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " @Willy105 said:
    " @Geno said:
    Not lazy. But SPOILED. "
    Yeah. Exactly like that. You got it perfectly right. They simply don't do it because they don't need to. "
    So how does that make them spoiled? They've got their corner of the market and generating content for the Wii deviates from that. "
    When you don't have to try and still get a great success because you already have a whole corner of the market gobbling at your feet, that's a WAY better position that the rest of the game industry. Not even close.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By Al3xand3r

Lol. Sad.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#167  Edited By oldschool
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Lol. Sad. "
    Sad, but oh so funny that he felt compelled to send me that message.
    Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Meowayne

Posting private messages publicly isn't exactly good form, either. No matter the content.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By Al3xand3r

Plenty of things around here aren't done in good form, might as well expose the trolls for future reference. Would have been better to just contact a moderator over it but it's not like he went in someone's inbox or shows something he promised not to. It's his own private message.

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#170  Edited By super_machine

New SMB wii will be the first game I buy for wii in over a year. Its almost dead to me, but that ok because I use my PS3 enough to keep me happy.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By oldschool
    @Meowayne said:
    " Posting private messages publicly isn't exactly good form, either. No matter the content. "
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Plenty of things around here aren't done in good form, might as well expose the trolls for future reference. Would have been better to just contact a moderator over it but it's not like he went in someone's inbox or shows something he promised not to. It's his own private message. "
    I didn't take it to a moderator because I don't care.  It isn't as if some pinhead comment like that could bother me.  In fact, it highly amused me. 

When someone posts such a dumbass PM as this, they have no right to privacy.  If we were having a private conversation, then it wouldn't be something I would make public, but this isn't a private message, it is just a simple verbal insult that has no right to privacy.  It was also cowardly as it could have easily have been posted on the thread.  I have no regrets and would do it exactly the same way again and again.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#172  Edited By demontium
    @Claude: so many of those options are too similar.... 

but yeah its great!
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By HandsomeDead

I thought everyone knew Emandudeguyperson was a troll? Just take a look at his threads.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By oldschool
    @HandsomeDead said:
    " I thought everyone knew Emandudeguyperson was a troll? Just take a look at his threads. "
    Yeah man, we knew, but hell, he makes you look like a valued Wii thread contributor  ^-^ 

I kid because I care  :-)
    HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By HandsomeDead
    @oldschool said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:
    " I thought everyone knew Emandudeguyperson was a troll? Just take a look at his threads. "
    Yeah man, we knew, but hell, he makes you look like a valued Wii thread contributor  ^-^  I kid because I care  :-) "
    When they say men have one track minds, I didn't know that just meant it was about the Wii.
    Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
    Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Meowayne said:
    "Yes, HandsomeDead, and I will continue to do so. I don't play PS3 and I cannot name 5 PS3 titles that interest me. I am a PSX and PS2 owner - do I troll around PS3 threads mourning how Sony treats me? No, because I am not completely retarded as I realize the single reason for this is that I am not up-to-date on the subject matter.   Geno: Yes, thank you. That is exactly the reason why owning a Wii is an awesome thing. "Cinematic experience" is shooting dudes for 20 hours in HD. Which is fine, once in a while. But dear god, not all the time. Play some A Boy And His Blob and Wii Sports Resort to remember what videogames are about, for christ's sake. "
    I don't want to dig myself into a hole here, but shooting dudes for 20 hours in HD is quite fun, and isn't that what videogames are about?
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By oldschool
    @Everyones_A_Critic said:
    " @Meowayne said:
    "Yes, HandsomeDead, and I will continue to do so. I don't play PS3 and I cannot name 5 PS3 titles that interest me. I am a PSX and PS2 owner - do I troll around PS3 threads mourning how Sony treats me? No, because I am not completely retarded as I realize the single reason for this is that I am not up-to-date on the subject matter.   Geno: Yes, thank you. That is exactly the reason why owning a Wii is an awesome thing. "Cinematic experience" is shooting dudes for 20 hours in HD. Which is fine, once in a while. But dear god, not all the time. Play some A Boy And His Blob and Wii Sports Resort to remember what videogames are about, for christ's sake. "
    I don't want to dig myself into a hole here, but shooting dudes for 20 hours in HD is quite fun, and isn't that what videogames are about? "
    If you enjoy it, then of course it is fun.  I enjoy shooting dudes in House of Dude Overkill, but got bored real quick in Halo.  We all enjoy games for our own reasons.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.