How to connect the Wii to my VGA/HDMI/DVI monitor?

#1 Posted by RainVillain (480 posts) -

I used to use the Wii with RCA cables on an old TV but only have a monitor now (moved out). Are there any cables that would let me plug the Wii into VGA or DVI (HDMI is taken up by the PS3)?

I know Nintendo doesn't sell such a cable.. But anyone else?

#2 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

You will need $60.

#3 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5276 posts) -

My suggestion would be to get the Wii component cable (Max resolution of 480P of course and only 5 bucks for some reason) and then use this Component to DVI adapter, while running your audio to some speakers or something like that. Looks like you can get what you need for under 10 bucks.

This is what I can think of off the top of my head, and I can't verify that this indeed works, but it's worth a shot I guess. Maybe someone could shed some light on this?

#4 Posted by Baillie (4245 posts) -
@bigmuffpi: No component cable space?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.