Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

I don't get it.....

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By mikemcn

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was one of the first games i got for the wii. everyone said it was great and i played The minish cap for the GBA and loved it. I even finished it twice. But for some reason i am totally unable to finish the game.

I have a mental block i guess, i even got the Strategy guide (So yes, I tried to cheat.) and i couldnt even get a quarter of the way through the game! I despise the stupid wolf sections and it seems like theres never enough people to fight. Then when i do fight i hate swinging the remote to kill people. Maybe i play too much Call of Duty but i wasnt intrested in this game at all.

Did anyone else have trouble getting into it? I hope im not the only one stupid enough to not enjoy this game....

Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Illmatic

I bought the game for the Gamecube after realizing how frustrating it would be to get my hands on a Wii back then. I doubt this is the case, but perhaps the implementation of motion control killed some of the entertainment from the game. Of course, I'm a Zelda fanboy so my point of view is warped by nostalgia and love.

Quick question though: Did you enjoy or play Occarina of Time?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By mikemcn

I played it for an hour or two at a friends house on the N64 and it was pretty good but, i didnt get into it as much as i did in The Minish Cap.
    Im not much of a fanboy to be honest so maybe thats my problem, but most of my friends who own a wii have played through it and said it was easy and for most of them this has been the only Zelda game they have played.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Godwind

It is a valid point to make.  The game has a weird taste to it when you first try it.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By toowalrus

I also got bored of that game, after playing it at a buddies house for a few hours. I'm glad I didn't buy a Wii.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThomasP

I was not a fan of TP. I couldn't get into it. Played it for 10 hours. Came back to it months later and put in another 20 hours. Still have not finished it. Terrible pacing and yes, the wolf segments are brutal. Just my opinion.

DerkDigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DerkDigg

i loved TP, the wolf section were admittedly tedious, but i always digged the story and the combat,
    the extremely thin rpg-ish elements really hooked me.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8  Edited By Black_Rose

Not at all, in fact it's mys favorite game.

DerkDigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DerkDigg

its like my third or fourth

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By ThomasP

I was not a fan of TP. I couldn't get into it. Played it for 10 hours. Came back to it months later and put in another 20 hours. Still have not finished it. Terrible pacing and yes, the wolf segments are brutal. Just my opinion.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By PureRok

Since we're all giving our opinions, and Zelda is my favorite series ever:

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By oldschool

I have never finished a Zelda game despite having pretty much every one of them.  What I played, I liked a lot.  Plus, I really loved the controls.  I got the game with my Wii and was stunned by how natural and intuitive it all felt.  I haven;t changed that view since.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

So... Why did you not finish it?

Personally, I loved it. Yeah, it was on the easy side, yet it lasted longer than the average action adventure out there, without bogging you down to one spot due to the difficulty or other padding means, though some puzzle areas took a while to finish. You had new things to see all the time as you kept moving forward with your epic journey, never stalling for any reason if you didn't want to. I didn't mind the wolf form, wolf combat was too simplistic compared to normal Link but at least you could beat enemies quite fast (one hit kills really, if you got it right) and enemy fighting wasn't what you did most with the wolf, you just wandered about exploring, platforming with some different skills than usual. As for the Wii controls, they seemed natural after a few minutes, while the motion additions to the mini games and the IR aiming for certain weapons and tools were great.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mikemcn

Wolf combat made me angry because your were so limited in what you could do

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By Diamond

The dungeons in TP are too long and cryptic, same for the overworld.  Basically it takes so long to walk from one area to another that it downplays experimentation.  There were a lot of places I got stuck in TP, and I haven't beaten the game yet either.

Basically every area in the game is so big and empty, that's how they padded it.

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By EvilTwin

Well, a lot of diehard Zelda fans weren't too happy with the Minish Cap.  So I can see how you would enjoy that, but not necessarily enjoy TP.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.  I liked Minish Cap as well.  Haven't played TP yet. 

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ShadowKiller

I stopped playing it because I was at the Sky place, saved, and never touched the game for a few weeks. I came back and I was at the beginning of the dungeon and I had no clue what to do then. From what I did play it was awesome though.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By mikemcn

i want to see a Zelda combat based game, fighting was my favorite aspect of that game (just not as the wolf.) Think about it Battlefield: Hyrule

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By clarke0

It's a good game but I have to say I played through it pretty slowly, especially for a Zelda game. I guess you can try to make yourself keep playing? It definitely has it's moments.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.