I will always love my Wii

Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I will love you. I hate you.

You, Wii, will live on in the Wii U.

I loved you. My goddamned Wii. I will touch you again, but damn, sorry to see you go so fast, so young.

Maybe your HD versions of all your great Wii games will be a hit. God speed Wii, God Speed.

The Wii has died and a Skyward Sword will seal its fate as the Wii tries to live on. And Giant Bomb debates.

#1 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I will love you. I hate you.

You, Wii, will live on in the Wii U.

I loved you. My goddamned Wii. I will touch you again, but damn, sorry to see you go so fast, so young.

Maybe your HD versions of all your great Wii games will be a hit. God speed Wii, God Speed.

The Wii has died and a Skyward Sword will seal its fate as the Wii tries to live on. And Giant Bomb debates.

#2 Posted by SamFo (1513 posts) -

so this is spam, but since he has loads of posts its ok?

#3 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@SamFo said:

This is art. I don't spam. I might troll, but I troll for thought and good.

#4 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -
#5 Posted by Galiant (2175 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur

Hell, Shattered Memories is a frighteningly great game.

It's the one Wii game I enjoyed, but I would've rather seen it on other consoles.
#6 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -

I fucking hate your Wii

@SamFo: Don't be a snitch, bitch.

#7 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

Damn, Skyward Sword really is the end. Goddamn it Wii.

#8 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -

And I've never touched a Wii

#9 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Claude said:

@SamFo said:

It's not art. It's nothing. It belongs on Gamefaqs, not here.

#10 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

I love my Wii, it's fucking red!

#11 Posted by CornBREDX (4754 posts) -

This isn't spam. Claude's Wii Love/Hate relationship is well documented round these parts... major part of that in song form

Anywho- while I've never been a big fan of the Wii, everything that Nintendo does- constantly being different from its competitors and doing risky things- continues to fascinate me.

#12 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

And I will always love you, uncle Claude. I'll be loving mine even more in December. Check out the new Zelda videos I've posted.

#13 Posted by SamFo (1513 posts) -
@CornBREDX: fair enough, i did not realise this was a blog post either
#14 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Claude said:

@SamFo said:

Gamefaqs has nothing on me. The Wii is dead. It died many years ago for most. In some ways, it speaks volumes on where the video game industry is heading. I'm so curious to see what the Wii U brings to the table.

#15 Posted by Landon (4127 posts) -

My Wii will always be remembered as a cousin who lives in another state. He came over for Christmas one year and we had a blast together. Then then the next Christmas, I expected to have fun with him all over again, but you can't force good times like that. Slowly he just became less interesting, he only wanted to hang out with the younger kids instead of me, the person who grew up with him.

When the Wii is finally gone, he will be nothing more than a far away memory. Some nights I'l try to remember whether or not the good times I had were real, or I just didn't know any better at the time.

#16 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

@Claude said:

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Claude said:

@SamFo said:

Gamefaqs has nothing on me. The Wii is dead. It died many years ago for most. In some ways, it speaks volumes on where the video game industry is heading. I'm so curious to see what the Wii U brings to the table.

Claude, you're a definite character on these boards but this isn't a positive addition to them in any way.

#17 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
Xenoblade called me up just now, to tell me that she's waiting for you Claude. :P
#18 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Xenoblade will have to travel to the states, but the chances of her doing so seem very slim, this year. It will probably be the last great Wii game released in America, after Skyward Sword in November. A release on WiiU with updated graphics in America is another possibility, the US Wii market could easily recoup the development costs.

#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (35803 posts) -
@vidiot said:
Xenoblade called me up just now, to tell me that she's waiting for you Claude. :P
He's American. Also, I think this song better describes Claude's Wii love:

#20 Posted by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

I used my Wii just the other week.

Turned it on for 5 seconds to take my Ikaruga disc out so I could play it on my gamecube.

#21 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

Oh, its one of those threads.

Well here we go: Thanks to several societal events and the lovely Xenoblade, I have played more Wii this month than any other consoles. 
It's been the weakest year since launch year, but Xenoblade really does make up for it.

#22 Posted by ThePickle (4152 posts) -

@SeriouslyNow said:

@Claude said:

@SamFo said:

It's how Claude expresses himself. Not through longwinded posts, through... this stuff.

#23 Posted by kingzetta (4307 posts) -

haven't turned mine on in a year waste of money

#24 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4307 posts) -

Ive had a few good memories with the system through a couple local multiplayer games on that system but I never liked it....

#25 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

I have a Wii.

#26 Posted by TehBuLL (588 posts) -

I got a classic controller pro for my birthday and as such have used my wii more this month than any two years prior. Almost have super Mario world completely cleared.

#27 Posted by StrikeALight (1112 posts) -

Wii sucks.

#28 Posted by coakroach (2486 posts) -

Yeah the Wii was great.

Nintendo making profiting wildly off a piece of hardware that lagged behind in every conceivable technical aspect and alienated third party developers.

DLC? Matchmaking? Bitch please i'm playing dog football.

And it looks like the Wii U will do it all over agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain! Yay!

#29 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

The Wii is a joke, toy console.

#30 Posted by rmanthorp (3851 posts) -

He loves his goddamn Wii

#31 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -
#32 Posted by Lifestrike (481 posts) -

"Remember to shut the door, Kirby."

#33 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Contro

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.