Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

iD's John Carmack Talks Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

John Carmack was recently asked about the possibility of creating a Wii game, and revealed he has projects that would work well for the console.

MTV Multiplayer: Do you feel you’d have to create a new IP? Or at least a new game from the ground up for the Wii?

Carmack
    : Yeah, it would have to be a completely different game. We would use one of our existing IPs where we have a little bit of leverage. It’s not something that really any of our titles, that are under development currently would be appropriate for.

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2009/02/24/john-carmack-talks-possible-wii-development-iphone-doom-4-more/

Which of the IP's would you like to see brought over to Wii?

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By Meowayne

None. IPs can die for all I care. Sequels are the reason there are so few brilliant games with fresh ideas.

I also don't really care for companies that draw 99% of their sales from teh pretty grafix.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Dude, Carmack is a fucking genius and if he can pull something inventive out of the Wii then I don't care if they use the Quake, Doom or even Commander Keen IP.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
    TeflonBilly said:
    "Dude, Carmack is a fucking genius and if he can pull something inventive out of the Wii then I don't care if they use the Quake, Doom or even Commander Keen IP.
    "

Agreed on both counts...nothing more to say.

Well, out of the lot you mention I think Quake seems the most likely, the Dreamcast game makes me think that.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac

If it's an FPS, I'll back it.

Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Bullet_Jr
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "If it's an FPS, I'll back it."
    Same here. I think the Wii is begging for a Wolfenstein game.

I sincerely doubt Wii will see a Doom game but if it does, I'd shat myself.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

A team based FPS from Splash Damage (I have no faith in id after Doom 3) would be the ideal. Something like the latest Enemy Territory: Quake Wars, only a bit more accessible, and perhaps with a more fun theme (I don't like the Strogg at all).

I don't write more accessible just because it's about the Wii, but merely because it's a little too hardcore even for PC gamers considering the constantly shrinking community of the game. Also, don't judge it by the existing console versions, I'm not sure how little effort was put into them but they're horrible, the PC game is actually great.

I wouldn't say no to something single player either though, the more action games the better really, even if I don't like id's recent efforts. Perhaps they've learnt a few new tricks since.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.