IGN's Secret Wii Game

#1 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
IGN's Matty C is teasing Wii owners with the following pic. The game in question is said to be a ground up Wii game that will be revealed at E3, it may well be a mature title also, on the evidence of what he says on his blog.

...but at the very least, there seems to be a lot of red in that blurred-out picture. And you know what fuzzy red means, right? Yep -- teh maturez.

This is a Wii exclusive game. Developed from the ground up.
#2 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

I hope I'm wrong in seeing some dodgy "mature" (read: overly violent with little substance) arena beat 'em up with gladiators. Please?

#3 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Damn it E3, you're taking too long!

#4 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Well, it can't be Eternal Darkness 2. That was the first game that came to mind, even though I'm not seeing anything in the picture that would really lead me to believe it would be. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part.

#5 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"Well, it can't be Eternal Darkness 2. That was the first game that came to mind, even though I'm not seeing anything in the picture that would really lead me to believe it would be. I guess that was just wishful thinking on my part."
Now that you've said something, i cant see why it couldn't be. I mean, the blood stands out a little more than it did in the GC version, but styles change
#6 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Note he just said Wii game... It might be something from an indie dev or something, not a huge publisher or Nintendo themselves... I'm done with IGN if it's another underwhelming cocktease that ends up disapointing... Just show the damn news, don't hype it if it's not worth it. If that's all you wanna do, hype shit up, do it to worthy Wii games. Help CAPCOM reach the Western audience with MH3 by doing some features or something, explaining what the franchise is about and what people can expect from it. Try to get stories about SPyborgs. Try to see what else HVS is working on. There's so much to do than hype crap...I hope I'm wrong and it's something cool this time...And tangible, not like Kid Icarus, lol...

#7 Posted by oldschool (7264 posts) -

The dude on the left has a sword?  Just looks like a fighting game.  God of War 3 for the Wii?  :-)

#8 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

IGN is an Overall waste of time.

#9 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

If you squint, it sorta looks like a goat with a hat.

#10 Posted by Pie (7108 posts) -

The dude on the left looks like a gladiator and the dude on the right is blue with frankenstein haircut and looks either like a slave(notice the posture and possible shackle round leg) or another gladiator(notice axe and maybe spiked ankle cool thing).

#11 Posted by RowdyRob (206 posts) -

This is Barbarian on the C64. It looks exactly like that pic above.
#12 Posted by Pie (7108 posts) -

Not some crappy wii ware game....

#13 Posted by bpwwhirl (98 posts) -

Rob, if that's it man.. props to you fine sir.

#14 Posted by Mushir (2389 posts) -

Rowdy, I believe you're right. Its exactly the same.

#15 Posted by JJOR64 (19023 posts) -
RowdyRob said:
This is Barbarian on the C64. It looks exactly like that pic above. [more]
Lmfao, it is the same pic.  Is there going to be a sequel on Wii?
#16 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Um, that image is not Barbarian on the C64 (where do people come up with such random stuff?), it's an image drawn by a NeoGAF member trying to draw what he saw of the distorted image. But yes, he's probably pretty damn close, aside from some details like fins on the helmet and spikes on the gauntlet. It's pretty much the same thing I see when I look at it, except I can't draw. This is Barbarian:

#17 Posted by Endogene (4741 posts) -
O wow, can this be the body "carving sim" i have been waiting for ever since the wii was announced? (please let there be motion plus, please)
#18 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -

It is probably Overlord.

#19 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Why would they tease Overlord when it's had like what, 3 trailers, game footage from a couple of different shows, and other media?

#20 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
AgentJ said:
TheGreatGuero said: "Well, it can't be Eternal Darkness 2. That was the first game that came to mind, even though ... [more]
Dude. Silicon Knights, the company that made Eternal Darkness is now working under Microsoft.  That's why it's not happening. And as RowdyRob found above, it's Barbarian. Good find, dude!
#21 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It's not Barbarian... the "Barbarian" image is not even a Barbarian image. It's also not the same image that is distorted. It's a ground-up creation of a NeoGAF member trying to make it how he thinks the image is undistorted. Good approximation but not the original. Nor Barbarian.

#22 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -

Whatever, it's on the Wii, why get your hopes up?

#23 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Because the Wii gets good shit like these. Though, nobody's getting his hopes up anyway, since it's IGN.

#24 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Looks Mortal Kombat-ish to me, but it couldn't be, considering Midway's current situation. Hopefully it's not some random shitty game.

#25 Edited by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -

I thought that it was a Soul Calibur : /

#26 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
Linkyshinks said:
I thought that it was a Soul Calibur : /
That came to mind at first, but SC is not really THAT gory.
#27 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Another concept of what it could be showing.

This one reminds me of a re-imagined Dynamic Slash:

Or it could be that Bethesda game.

#28 Posted by VaultBoy (194 posts) -

I thought it kind of looked like Rastan.

#29 Posted by Willy105 (4690 posts) -
Keyser_Soze said:
Whatever, it's on the Wii, why get your hopes up?
What?
#30 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#31 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -
http://www.giantbomb.com/wii/60-36/hvs-gladiator-ad/35-244298/#5 :P

That last screenshot looks great and it's still early in development. I know it'll look good in motion eventually but have to see the gameplay...

Also, since it's a beat 'em up style game I hope they have some very robust campaign options that go beyond simple Arcade mode stuff...
#32 Posted by lord_canti (1517 posts) -

the person on that side <- looks like shiva from mortal kombat its a M game wich could be likely

#33 Edited by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Eh, read further down the post, it's not MK...

#34 Posted by bartholomew999 (171 posts) -

Well, if it is High Voltage then we'll see.  The Conduit looks epic but it hasn't actually dropped yet.

#35 Edited by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
Al3xand3r said:
Another concept of what it could be showing.This one reminds me of a re-imagined Dynamic Slash:Or it could be that ... [more]
This is definately it.
#36 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

That doesn't look that bad.

#37 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

@Smug, um, check the Gladiator A.D. thread, the first concept was right on after all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.