Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Impossible Mission Wii: anyone have any idea if worth $10 ($9 US)

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

I am curious, as Impossible Mission as a retail game has just been dumped (literally, there are a heap at one chain) for $10 (normal retail for games is anywhere from $50 - $100).  Thing is, I can find nothing really worthwhile about it, so, what does anyone know?  Is it worth a paltry $10?  I don't want to waste $10 if it is total crap.   

Another chain was dumped with Sam & Max Wii for $10 as well, but at least I knew that one was a good game, so I snapped that one up.  I am pretty happy with that.  However, Impossible Mission - not so sure.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Emilio

Sam & Max Wii?? Aww that's sad. Where are you located? 

But impossible mission? eh... 10 dollars as long as you pretend its a nice virtual console game. :P

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I wonder... is the mission impossible because the bad motion controls make it that way? Hmmm... This must be pondered....

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

I think it's a remake of a C64 game. I thought it was meant to be WiiWare. Maybe that's why it's $10? No idea if it's any good.

Edit: There are some reviews of the DS/PSP versions if you wanna search for those instead. No idea if it's the same game though. The cover is identical but for all I know the versions are vasttly different with the DS getting some shoddy 2D remake and the Wii a shoddy 3D one? Dunno.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
    @Emilio said:
    " Sam & Max Wii?? Aww that's sad. Where are you located?  But impossible mission? eh... 10 dollars as long as you pretend its a nice virtual console game. :P "
    Sam & Max Wii ................  ahh, I get it, the dog and rabbit wii  ^-^ 
    Good game for $10 though. 

It is in Australia.  Apparently the game is only in the EU at this time.  I get the feeling it is WiiWare as Al3x says.  I found one review and that is it and it didn't say a whole lot or give a score, so t just leaves me confused.  It is an action/platformer, so I am not overly bothered if I miss it, otherwise I would have picked it up, it just looks like shovelware to me. 

@Al3xand3r said:
    " I think it's a remake of a C64 game. I thought it was meant to be WiiWare. Maybe that's why it's $10? No idea if it's any good.Edit: There are some reviews of the DS/PSP versions if you wanna search for those instead. No idea if it's the same game though. The cover is identical but for all I know the versions are vasttly different with the DS getting some shoddy 2D remake and the Wii a shoddy 3D one? Dunno. "
    The DS game got a 70 on Metacritic which isn't horrible, but that means little.
    Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Emilio
    @oldschool:  
    I meant to say that Sam & Max are in the bargain bin. These are really good games.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#7  Edited By AgentJ

if the box art is any indication, that would be a negatory. I would know; it was on the shelves when I worked at Gamestop back in the day. Spend that money on Phoenix Wright

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
    @Emilio said:
    " @oldschool:  I meant to say that Sam & Max are in the bargain bin. These are really good games. "
    Yeah, but Sam & Max Wii - that sounds funny  ^-^ 

@AgentJ said:
    " if the box art is any indication, that would be a negatory. I would know; it was on the shelves when I worked at Gamestop back in the day. Spend that money on Phoenix Wright "
    Yeah, you would say that, wouldn't you  :/ 
     Back in the day - that makes you sound old.
    It does look pretty ordinary in the boxart department.
    rallier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By rallier
    @oldschool: Well one of the biggest regional sites over here reviewed it and gave it the score of 1/20. So best is to simply avoid it.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oldschool
    @Rallier said:
    " @oldschool: Well one of the biggest regional sites over here reviewed it and gave it the score of 1/20. So best is to simply avoid it. "
    Wow, that low!  Why am I not surprised  ^-^ 

I doubt I will be going back.
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

When you hear little to nothing about a title, it's usually means only one thing. 

I too would love a good Impossible Mission game, I loved the original 60's series. Rollin Hand was my favourite. Martin Landau is a swordsman of the highest calibre even to this day, he's an old school a ladies man that visits the Playboy mansion often. 

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

I think you're confusing Impossible Mission with Mission: Impossible. The original Impossible Mission (it's on VC too I think):

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " I think you're confusing Impossible Mission with Mission: Impossible. "

Clearly,   C64 game was good...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.