Is Club Nintendo really any good?

#1 Posted by swf89 (56 posts) -

I don't think that it's really that good and that it's a waste of time.

#2 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

I never really got into it.

#3 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

I think it's a neat program, though at my rate of a couple DS games a year, I still can't get anything cool. I wish Sony and Microsoft would adopt something like it.

#4 Posted by Kindrik (71 posts) -

It's a program that's got some potential but the only cool thing just seems to be their end of year rewards stuff for gold and platinum members. Aside from that there just aren't many rewards worth spending points on, in the North American version at least. Only thing I've found worth getting from the service were those Zelda posters.

#5 Posted by RankRabbit (394 posts) -

I like getting free stuff, even if my mario hat doesn't fit my big head.

#6 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

They have some cool swag stuff. I got some Zelda posters and these hanafuda cards. I'm not sure how to play the game though, even though they do come with instructions.  

#7 Posted by Zor (667 posts) -

Free stuff (Swag) is great, so yes, Club Nintendo is good....  All you do is register (and take a survey) the nintendo games you have with nintendo, which earns you coins towards stuff (most of which is sub-par, but there are a few good items (So far i have gotten the Mario and Zelda posters)).   

Personally i think this is the way companies should be going, and not the $10 dollar online one time pass BS

#8 Posted by CharleyTony (924 posts) -

since it is free I have to say that it is totally worth it. As long as it doesn't make you buy games you dont like just to get points ( same as xbox 360 achievements).
#9 Edited by twstd4lfe (3 posts) -

The best way to use Club Nintendo is to go to GameStop and raid the codes inside the used boxes (dont take them thats stealing just take a picture), thats a quick way to earn the cool things like Game & Watch for DS or the cool Mario Hat i got at the end of last year 

so yea its worth it

#10 Posted by fenixREVOLUTION (735 posts) -

If you like games that Nintendo publishes and plan on buying them, then getting some free stuff for doing that doesn't sound too shabby to me.

#11 Posted by Hypertreb (101 posts) -

If you buy a lot of Nintendo published games, then you probably should. It doesn't take that much time.

#12 Posted by supermike6 (3645 posts) -

I don't buy that many Nintendo published games, but when I do I put them in there and do a few surveys. Might as well for some free stuff, even if most of it sucks.

#13 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I think that some of the rewards are good, especially the soundtracks, but it takes to long to submit codes and for me thats why I don't do it
#14 Posted by rjayb89 (7729 posts) -
@dizzyd
The best way to use Club Nintendo is to go to GameStop and raid the codes inside the used boxes (dont take them thats stealing just take a picture), thats a quick way to earn the cool things like Game & Watch for DS or the cool Mario Hat i got at the end of last year 

so yea its worth it
... you actually do that?
#15 Posted by Sol-rac (1 posts) -

with enough points (300 or more) they give elite status, so at the end of year they send you some special stuff that could be worth

#16 Posted by Dalai (7078 posts) -

I haven't been impressed with it, but supposedly Club Nintendo in Japan is actually pretty kickass.

#17 Posted by SlorgieNel (6 posts) -

I have like 1600 coins that I haven't used because I don't need any of the useless dust collectors they're selling. I want soundtracks and art books and stuff, not playing cards and pins. 

#18 Posted by Daveyo520 (7010 posts) -

I did get a pretty sweet tote bag from them, so it is good.

#19 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

CN basically screwed me of all of my previously registered games due to the old My Nintendo registration service, so I hate them for doing it.

That, and their account transfer process doesn't work, so I had to call them.

Then I ditched Nintendo.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.