Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Majora's Mask on Virtual Console Soon

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    The Legend of Zelda:Majora's Mask will finally be available on the Virtual Console, in Japan, in April.

I guess it wont be too long till it arrives in the western territories also, If the timing of OoT western release on the VC is anything to go by.

The list of scheduled Japanese VC releases;

* Takeshi no Chousenjo (Taito, Famicom, 500 WiiPoints)
    * Castlevania III Dracula's Curse (Konami, Famicom, 500)
    * Der Langrisser (Hudson, Super Famicom, 800)
    * Hoshi no Kirby 3 (Nintendo, Super Famicom, 800)
    * Zelda: Majora's Mask (Nintendo, N64, 1,200)
    * Phantasy Star (Sega, Master System, 600)
    * Ninja Gaiden (Tecmo, PC Engine, 600)
    * Genpei Toma Den (Bandai Namco, Arcade, 800)
    * Space Invaders (Taito, Arcade, 500)

Thanks to IGN

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee2492b629bb
    deactivated-5ee2492b629bb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Rejoice!

Coincidentally, I'm listening to the soundtrack right now...

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By oldschool

Not having any VC games, if I have a functioning N64 and the game, is there any reason why I should ever get the VC version?  Is it really convenient or is the classic controller better - anything?

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us
    oldschool said:
    "Not having any VC games, if I have a functioning N64 and the game, is there any reason why I should ever get the VC version?  Is it really convenient or is the classic controller better - anything?"
    I dont know about the classic controller being better, but I would say that VC is pretty convinient to play good games you havent got. I am not sure if it would be worth it quite as much if you had a functioning N64 AND a copy of the game. I would just rather play it that way personally.
    Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Finally.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks
    oldschool said:
    "Not having any VC games, if I have a functioning N64 and the game, is there any reason why I should ever get the VC version?  Is it really convenient or is the classic controller better - anything?"

The Classic Controller can be pretty woeful for N64 games I have found, it's certainly does not improve your experience of the few games that have been released to date on the service. 

The game will have no framerate drops and will display crisper more vibrant graphics via component cable, it's a welcome lift, but if you have the original I see little reason to get this.  

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

VC needs moar underappreciated gems like Sin & Punishment and Super Punch-Out!! (I keep getting trashed, but going back for more!) tbh.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Al3xand3r said:
    "VC needs moar underappreciated gems like Sin & Punishment and Super Punch-Out!! (I keep getting trashed, but keep going back for more!) tbh."

I'm really unhappy with how the Virtual Console has been slugging away with weak titles, and also very few releases in comparison to Japan. We were told The Virtual Console would provide welcome games during bleak spells of disc releases. That never happened, during what was easily the most baron spell for Wii owners a few months back... I few months back I assumed some focus had been shifted on Wii Ware, I don't think that's the case now, it's just poor from Nintendo.  I'm not happy about the germans being in charge also.  

Nintendo need to raise their game on VC and Wii Ware, in respect to a few things. I'm sure Nintendo are making a great deal of money from the service, but that's not an indication that Wii owners are happy with it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Al3xand3r

I think WiiWare has been doing pretty good and I look forward to several games coming to it like Last Flight, Icarian, Swords & Soldiers, those Square games and such. I dunno about VC because I don't really follow it very closely, just what I said in my last comment. Of course, disc releases have been very good also the last few months, and that will carry on with some sweet releases in the next couple of months and more.

Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Will1Lucky

Well that will be the Console Collection finally finished when it is released. Z1, Z2, LTTP, OOT and This to finish it....I can't wait.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By halberdierv2

it's about time. I've never played it before, and I'd love to see what it's like.

OneEyedNinja7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By OneEyedNinja7

I already have the Collector's Edition, so I can play it on my Wii anyway.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By toowalrus
    oldschool said:
    Nah, if you've got a n64 you should use that vs. virtual console. Although, when Microsoft puts out an N64 game like Banjo-Kazooie or Banjo-Tooie, they are worth buying. They bump them up to HD, smooth em out, make minor changes (like the deal with the Music notes in Banjo) and add achievements.
    ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#14  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Meh. I bought it at what is basically a pawn shop for electronic media around two years ago ($15), but never got around to finishing it.
    However, after this there are no more Zelda games left to release on the VC. It all goes (more) downhill from here.

ShadowKiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By ShadowKiller

When I  first got my Wii I thought this was already on it and I went to get this and OoT. I was really disappointed when it wasn't here but now all my cash goes to Microsoft.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By JJOR64

I do own this game on the Zelda: Collectors Edition disc for Gamecube but, maybe the Wii VC one will be a better port.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Diamond

Good, I never owned the original so maybe this will inspire me to play through it.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By Fosssil
    ArbitraryWater said:
    "Meh. I bought it at what is basically a pawn shop for electronic media around two years ago ($15), but never got around to finishing it. However, after this there are no more Zelda games left to release on the VC. It all goes (more) downhill from here."
    You owe it to yourself to finish the game; it does not disappoint.
    vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By vaultboy
    ArbitraryWater said:
    "However, after this there are no more Zelda games left to release on the VC. It all goes (more) downhill from here."
    Maybe they'll work on a Wiiware 2D Zelda.  Probably not, since they'd probably make it a DS title and charge 3-4 times as much for it.
    TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#20  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Hey, that's great. Hopefully they don't butcher the controls for it on the Gamecube controller. More on that in a blog later...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.