Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Miyamoto On Nintendo's Next Gen Stance

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
    Nintendo's resident genius, Shigeru Miyamoto, has been speaking about the successor to Wii in an interview with UK magazine Games TM. He told the magazine that Nintendo wouldn't be focusing on compiling the very latest technology with it's next console, but instead aiming to beat the competition with innovation alone...  

"in the next generation of hardware, the challenge is how unique and different a product Nintendo is able to make" - "technology is available to all equally today"   

"how we decide to make use of that technology and in what format; [that] is what will make our hardware unique in comparison to the hardware from other manufacturers" 

He refused to discuss rumours of Wii HD or Wii 2, even declining to answer on whether Nintendo are working on their next console now.

source
    raphaa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By raphaa00

Nintendo next console will be HD for sure. What I'm worried about is the controllers.

Do they will keep Wii-Mote, just revamping the design and adding Motion+, or there will be a brand new input?

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Steve_C

Wii 2. Three GameCubes stuck together with duct tape.

Doesn't seem too surprising, but I sure hope that it's a decent jump up from the Wii.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Dalai
    @raphaa00 said:
    " Nintendo next console will be HD for sure. What I'm worried about is the controllers.  Do they will keep Wii-Mote, just revamping the design and adding Motion+, or there will be a brand new input? "
    I'm sure the Wiimote will be used for backwards compaitibility for the next console, that's pretty much a given, but I doubt Nintendo will make it compatible with next-gen games since Nintendo likes money and they make a profit on every controller.
    Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#5  Edited By Hailinel
    @Linkyshinks:   Well, Miyamoto doesn' t really need to comment on whether or not Nintendo is working on their next console now because it's all but guaranteed that they already are.  All talk of ten-year console cycles aside, Sony and Microsoft are certainly making their plans for the next generation now, too.
    agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By agentboolen

If they just put HD in the Wii I think they will get killed next gen. I think Nintendo needs to be creative with there next console to stay ahead, but the question is what can they do that will be revolutionary again?  Its probably going to be very stressful till they come up with that idea.

KingBroly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By KingBroly

For their next system, they'll need to modernize their interface.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho

They need to do something different that isn't retarded like Natal, and then silver and bronze medal can play catchup again. I'd be nice if it were HD just to give the trolls who don't even own a Wii yet can't stop talking about it one less thing to talk about. Backward compatible 100%, obviously, because not doing that is fucking stupid when you previous system is the most popular one ever. Im sure it'll be fine but honestly the 3DS is the only thing I care about as far as next gen hardware.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.