Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Miyamoto On Star Fox

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nintendo's resident genius wants some more StarFox action, speaking to MTV Multiplayer he's said the following:

"I'm a big fan of the 'Star Fox' games. Every time we make a 'Star Fox' game I'm hoping people will enjoy it as much as I do. Of course the goal every time is to try and make it more and more fun but, at least in Japan, the people that purchase the 'Star Fox' games has decreased over the years. But we still try to make them more fun and hopefully people will see the appeal in those games."  

- Shigeru Miyamoto 

Should Nintendo be waiting for the Japanese market to wise up?
    JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JJOR64

I'm kinda bummed out that Star Fox isn't big over there either.  Either if the Japanese like it or not, I'm still waiting for my next Star Fox game.  It can be like the N64 one or like Star Fox Adventures (I loved that game) and I will buy it.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

I think people have stopped buying them because they stopped being good. Lylat Wars is one of my favourite games ever and recently, I went back, beat it like 3 times in an hour and loved every minute of it. Everything since then has missed the mark for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I loved the older Starfox games and now that I'm not a Nintendo owner I would miss out on any new releases.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Just get Sin & Punishment 2 instead, and if it sells maybe you'll see Treasure making the next Star Fox :-P

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By macandcheese

I never really played the Star Fox games when I was a kid but I played one recently and though it was good, I would definitly but a new one if it came out in the US

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Willy105

It may not be very Japanese, but Star Fox is all kinds of awesome.

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By wefwefasdf

Star Fox is amazing.  A new game would be great.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
    @HandsomeDead said:

" I think people have stopped buying them because they stopped being good. Lylat Wars is one of my favourite games ever and recently, I went back, beat it like 3 times in an hour and loved every minute of it. Everything since then has missed the mark for me. "

Since Lylat, (64) the Starfox franchise has slowly but surely moved away from all that made it great - space combat.  Nintendo need to get their shit together and bring space combat back in a big way, and then some. I don't want all this tactical and varied gameplay BS, what I want and what I think is needed is rugged dogfighting with Wii Remote lock-on and targeting controls.  Implemented Motion + enabled gesture controls for boosts and spins would be great also.

This is akin to what I want...  (drag buffer forward a little - not working properly)

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PureRok

Meh. If they never made another Star Fox game that'd be fine by me. I haven't enjoyed a single one of them.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool
    @Linkyshinks said:
    " @HandsomeDead said:

" I think people have stopped buying them because they stopped being good. Lylat Wars is one of my favourite games ever and recently, I went back, beat it like 3 times in an hour and loved every minute of it. Everything since then has missed the mark for me. "

Since Lylat, (64) the Starfox franchise has slowly but surely moved away from all that made it great - space combat.  Nintendo need to get their shit together and bring space combat back in a big way, and then some. I don't want all this tactical and varied gameplay BS, I want rugged dogfighting with Wii Remote lock-on and targeting controls, with a touch of well implemented Motion + enabled gesture controls for boosts and spins. And multiplayer of course.

This is akin to what I want...  (drag buffer forward a little - not working properly)

"
    Agreed.  I want a proper space combat game as well.  Starfox is too valuable a character in the west alone not to make a big title out of it.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind

I just picked up Star Fox Assualt for the Gamecube.  I'll see what it is like before I make any judgements on their direction.  I liked Star Fox Adventures but only because I like the Zelda franchise.  Star Fox Command was mediocre but I still had some fun with it.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Starwing (lol Europe) and Lylat Wars were fantastic games. They need to get back to their roots.
    While on the subject of this game, remember when the first StarWing/StarFox game came out and all the promotional ads and what not where of these animatronic models of Fox and Falco and the gang. I always thought that would make an awesome movie when I was a kid.
    Of course, you can't make that in 2009 because it's gonna be crawling and ruined by furries. I don't wanna see a Fox fursuit with a dickhole :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.