Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Monster Hunter 3 Success Worldwide Holds the Key for Wii

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Capcom have stated that the company may bring about a noticeable changes in strategy on Wii if Monster Hunter 3 (Tri) does well in both North America and Europe;

Taken for the Japanese Capcom site:

Q.I would like to know Capcom's forecasts for the entire game software market for the next term by region, as well as your concrete platform strategy based on market trends.

A
    .First of all, concerning the market overview, it is in line with our forecasts. Although sales of each platform in Japan are facing something of an uphill battle, I am told that sales of Wii are brisk in the European and North American markets, which are the major market for the industry, and sales of Xbox 360 are also quite favorable?mainly driven by price-cuts. We also recognize that sales of Nintendo DS and PSP are generally within the expected levels.

There is no significant change in Capcom's strategy, and we will primarily release game titles for PS3,
    Xbox 360 and Wii. In addition, we plan to release our leading titles overseas to acquire game users, as the
    overseas market for Wii is extensive. One of our leading titles is "Monster Hunter 3 (tri) If we can gain recognition of this product in the European and North American markets, our market strategy will see a noticeable change. Meanwhile, we are reviewing the possibility of releasing new titles besides "Ace
    Attorney" for Nintendo DS.

Download PDF transcript:
    http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/data/..._quarter_b.pdf

Monster Hunter Tri Wi

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well duh! Finally, it was getting annoying to read people doubt the game's Western release, one less thing for whiners to discuss is a good thing.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dark_Link142

No kidding.

Let's hope it hits it big outside of Japan.

PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By PufferFiz

Damn, I want this game so badly.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

After Muramasa this is my biggest want. I hope we won't have to wait too long for it, I would hate having to wait till 2010, which is when Muramasa comes out in my region.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Here's what you can do while waiting for the game to be released.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.