Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Monster Hunter 3 TGS Gameplay

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Al3xand3r

I'm posting this as a new topic because I have two replies in a row in the other thread and it won't even let me edit the last one. Anyway, enjoy, the guy playing is pretty bad, hurting his teammates at times. I love the animations of the underwater dragon, I can't wait to hunt beasts like that.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

It looks way better than i expected, the graphics are great. I'll definitely have to keep my eyes on this one now. Seems a bit repetitive though.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Direct feed trailer!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Al3xand3r

Classic controller support (not required), 2 player split screen multi player confirmed (no, the online was not ditched). Can they possibly announce anything more exciting for this game?!
    http://gonintendo.com/?p=58634

Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Earthbounder

Wow! Looks way better than I expeceted. I thought most of those screens shown early this year were probably from the PS3 version because they just looked way too good to be a third-party Wii games but I was awfully wrong! The fact that this game will have split-screen multiplayer and an apparently incredible online mode makes me really happy!

I know it is damn early but could this be the first contender for GOTY 2009? =)

Capcom is doing a great job, next year we get this and Spyborgs from them! Definitely one of the best third-parties on the Wii.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well, the official website has also been updated with mini video clips explaining the remote and nunchuck controls, at least for one of the weapon types so far. It looks decently intuitive though I'm not sure if I will prefer classic controls yet.

Otherplaces have several more gameplay videos though they're not as good as the two I posted at the start of this thread. They do show more of how the game works though and I'm not thrilled to see the loading seems as frequent as on the PSP games, though it also seems much much faster so it's not too bad. It would probably be less jarring if they didn't have the loading images and instead just froze the action with a small loading message, Half-Life series style. I do wonder how that's going to work with the split screen and online multi player modes (I never played the PS2 Monster Hunter games). It's good to remember this is at just over 30% in development.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

New or updated pages on the official MH3 website.

Ps: A comment on the Monster Hunter G port, but I hope it never actually makes it to the West. I can wait for 3 which is a true from the ground up Wii experience than a mere port of an ancient PS2 title, like G is. I think if they release it here it will not be the best first impression for people who will be new to the series, I don't know why Capcom decided to make the port when 3 will be out in the same year. I can see how it might be a hit in Japan, while here it could actually hinder the success of 3 when that arrives. Anyway, forget G, and focus on 3, as in the links ^_^

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Endogene

Wow i wasn't exception much of this to be honest only having seen screens from "G" for the wii but that video really amazed me.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Dark_Link142

This looks pretty amazing. I can't wait! It's the split-screen multiplayer that really does it for me, a game mode that is unfortunately dying. I'm glad some developers are willing to find a balance between online and offline multiplayer.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Endogene, how could you have already seen the just confirmed G port and yet miss all the hype for 3 since the last Tokyo Game Show :O

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Endogene

Well G is a port so the visuals should be on par with the PS2 version and 3 looks a lot better than G. I cant figure out why they would want to put out a remake and an actual new game such a short period apart from each other though.

Never cared for the franchise thinking it being exclusivly on psp so i did not bother looking.

Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12  Edited By Dark_Link142

I think G is a "filler", or something to try and satisfy fans while they wait for 3. G doesn't look that great though, while 3 looks amazing.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, I hope G doesn't make it out of Japan and give a bad impression of 3 to new users. It's probably just for hardcore fans to get used to the series being on Wii or something, I don't see any real reason for it, especially when 3 is not that far away, being at like 50% development when G's port is @ over 70% according to reports.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

The game's gonna be released in Japan this SUMMER! That's sooner than I expected, here's hoping for a Western release this year.

Confirmed by Famitsu. Or so google translate says.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

The wii is looking better every day

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By oldschool
    SmugDarkLoser said:
    "The wii is looking better every day"
    ....and it looked pretty damn good already ...... :-)
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yah, but.... SUMMER RELEASE!

...In Japan.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.