Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

My First Blog Post

rocketfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By rocketfish

OK, well im new here so I thought that I would introduce myself and tell everyone how I got to this site/ what i think of it. Well first of all ill introduce myself. I am 16 years old male and I love video games, I own a wii and a laptop (Gateway NV59). My favorite titles including Mass Effect 2, and Monster Hunter Tri. When I get out of High School I want become some form of writer even though Its my worst subject in school right now (other than gym). Anyways enough about me right now lets talk about how I got to the site. I found the site from ign's podcasts Game Scoop, and Nintendo Voice Chat (NVC) after hearing about it I cam to check it out and well here I am. Some things I like about this site are the quests! they are very fun and rewarding to do and lean about where things are in this site. it also reminds me of the site "Wegame" . But I dont like the Homepage of this site. well anyways I better get going. Would love some feedback on my writing and what you thought and also check out my youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerAllies 

My history of games. Well I guess when I was 4 or 5 i got my first system the Nintendo Entertainment system, I got it with a few games, Duck Hunt / Super Mario Bros, and of course Super Mario 3 . When I was little I would play these games all the time just because of how fun they were but when ever I was in a pinch (bowser) id get my dad to beet him =). one Christmas (a year or so after the NES) I got the N64 with games like: Golden Eye, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Banjo Kazzoie. I was still little so when there was something scary happened id call in my dad in to help =). Then I heard about the Game Cube (GC). I got it that Xmas (2001-2003 forget the year I got it) it loved it and I can only remember 3 games that I could play hours at end on it though. Those being Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite Mario game to date) and Custom Robo just a simple shooter (Super Smash Bros with robots you could say) and Super Smash Bros. On the GC I was more independent and I could beet all those things I use to find scary like bosses. I was starting to become more of a "gamer" and about a year or so before the Wii came out I heard about it and asked for it for Xmas, and got it and that brings us to present day I think other than I bought a DSi last year.

the reason I stick with Nintendo is because of all the great times and sheer fun ive had just playing those old NES games... and ive tried other systems the Xbox 360 dont see many other games that aren't shooters on it, if I want a shooter I got to my PC, I haven't tried the PS3 but ive played the PS2 although its alright hate the controller.  

My wii collection. I have quite a few games:  

• The New Super Mario Bros
    • Mario Kart
    • Super Mario Galaxy (and soon to be 2 xD) 
    •  Monster hunter Tri  
    • Rockband
    •  Call of Duty 4
    • Twilight Princess, and a few other games.
    rocketfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By rocketfish

OK, well im new here so I thought that I would introduce myself and tell everyone how I got to this site/ what i think of it. Well first of all ill introduce myself. I am 16 years old male and I love video games, I own a wii and a laptop (Gateway NV59). My favorite titles including Mass Effect 2, and Monster Hunter Tri. When I get out of High School I want become some form of writer even though Its my worst subject in school right now (other than gym). Anyways enough about me right now lets talk about how I got to the site. I found the site from ign's podcasts Game Scoop, and Nintendo Voice Chat (NVC) after hearing about it I cam to check it out and well here I am. Some things I like about this site are the quests! they are very fun and rewarding to do and lean about where things are in this site. it also reminds me of the site "Wegame" . But I dont like the Homepage of this site. well anyways I better get going. Would love some feedback on my writing and what you thought and also check out my youtube:  http://www.youtube.com/user/GamerAllies 

My history of games. Well I guess when I was 4 or 5 i got my first system the Nintendo Entertainment system, I got it with a few games, Duck Hunt / Super Mario Bros, and of course Super Mario 3 . When I was little I would play these games all the time just because of how fun they were but when ever I was in a pinch (bowser) id get my dad to beet him =). one Christmas (a year or so after the NES) I got the N64 with games like: Golden Eye, Super Mario 64, Star Fox 64, and Banjo Kazzoie. I was still little so when there was something scary happened id call in my dad in to help =). Then I heard about the Game Cube (GC). I got it that Xmas (2001-2003 forget the year I got it) it loved it and I can only remember 3 games that I could play hours at end on it though. Those being Super Mario Sunshine (my favorite Mario game to date) and Custom Robo just a simple shooter (Super Smash Bros with robots you could say) and Super Smash Bros. On the GC I was more independent and I could beet all those things I use to find scary like bosses. I was starting to become more of a "gamer" and about a year or so before the Wii came out I heard about it and asked for it for Xmas, and got it and that brings us to present day I think other than I bought a DSi last year.

the reason I stick with Nintendo is because of all the great times and sheer fun ive had just playing those old NES games... and ive tried other systems the Xbox 360 dont see many other games that aren't shooters on it, if I want a shooter I got to my PC, I haven't tried the PS3 but ive played the PS2 although its alright hate the controller.  

My wii collection. I have quite a few games:  

• The New Super Mario Bros
    • Mario Kart
    • Super Mario Galaxy (and soon to be 2 xD) 
    •  Monster hunter Tri  
    • Rockband
    •  Call of Duty 4
    • Twilight Princess, and a few other games.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#2  Edited By oldschool

Welcome to the site.  Sorry I won't be looking at your Youtube stuff due to my very ordinary internet connection.  I am not able to say much about your writing based on a single paragraph, so when you have been around a while and have contributed more, it will be far easier to answer that.  If I may, it might help if I asked you more about your attitudes, history and game collection on the Wii.  In that way, others will get a better idea of your interests, specifically Wii related, as this is in the Wii forum.

rocketfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rocketfish

I added a little bit more to my blog post but what do you mean about my attitudes? 

thanks for the reply btw

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By oldschool
    @rocketfish said:
    " I added a little bit more to my blog post but what do you mean about my attitudes?  thanks for the reply btw "
    By attitudes, I mean about the direction of Nintendo and the Wii, as you chose the Wii forum.  

You follow a direction, much like myself, but a lot younger.  I didn't do the PS1 for the really horrible load times and it influenced my decision on the PS2.  However, I got one eventually and loved it for JRPG.  I enjoy the Wii for the unique games it offers, and like yourself, the 360 has too many shooters, but  for my tastes I don't like that genre, but I have still managed to accumulate 40 games.  I PC for RTS predominately.   I have managed to gahter 80 Wii games ( Nintendo Wii Collection.), but the DS is my favourite console and I have over 130 of those ( My Nintendo DS collection. - still updating that list). 

My daughters are 15 and 17, so your age group and Nintendo have  always provided us with the most fun.  The N64 is still my 17 year olds favourite system.
    rocketfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By rocketfish

yea I love Nintendo but for the "Wii HD" I hope that they make it alot more powerful and different from the Wii we have today. I would like to see Nintendo put out a console thats about as powerful as the PS3 or Xbox 360 but still appeal to everyone and maybe even bring in some people from the other consoles. 

You have alot of games... ive had allot but I trade in allot of my games when im done with them and I dont think ill ever  go back to them in 5- 10 years

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThomasP

Welcome. That's great that you had the chance to play the NES at your age. I suggest checking out some SNES games on Virtual Console. Super Mario Wolrd, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Super Punch Out, F-Zero... so many good games.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Godwind
    I'm glad you decided to move from IGN.  That is good.  Welcome to Giantbomb.
    rocketfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By rocketfish
    @Godwind said:
    " I'm glad you decided to move from IGN.  That is good.  Welcome to Giantbomb. "
    hummmm Im still there I love there podcasts and the Nintendo part of IGN. Giantbomb on the other hand I think is a better community for posting and sharing stuff. 
     @ThomasP said:
    " Welcome. That's great that you had the chance to play the NES at your age. I suggest checking out some SNES games on Virtual Console. Super Mario Wolrd, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past, Super Punch Out, F-Zero... so many good games. "
    Yea im glad I played NES back then too ... I still have it and pull it out some times still =). ive played Super Mario World on VC and tried to play A Link to the past (its hard!) the other ones I haven't tried yet I might one day though. 

Thanks for the welcomes everyone.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind
    @rocketfish said:
    " @Godwind said:
    " I'm glad you decided to move from IGN.  That is good.  Welcome to Giantbomb. "
    hummmm Im still there I love there podcasts and the Nintendo part of IGN. Giantbomb on the other hand I think is a better community for posting and sharing stuff.  "
    It will take time to convert soon enough.
    turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By turbomonkey138

I always subscribe to other Giant bomb members . People need to support with youtube :)

what do you think of monster hunter tri ? My Team fortress 2 clan  and super street fighter 4 have kept me occupied from it at the moment haha

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Dalai

Welcome to Giant Bomb! Enjoy your stay and yes, good taste in games. I'm a bit of a Nintendo fan myself.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Godwind
    @Dalai said:
    " Welcome to Giant Bomb! Enjoy your stay and yes, good taste in games. I'm a bit of a Nintendo fan myself. "
    You need to become a Nintendo whore, fan isn't enough.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.