Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

My Wii started to freeze!

Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Majkiboy

My Wii started to freeze!
    Sometimes I can play for about 5 minutes, sometimes 1 hour, but every time it ends with it freezing. It doesn't matter if it is a disc game, a channel a classic downloaded game... I bought it at the release.. 

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do?
    Should I just get a new one since there is no warranty left??

=/

Kindrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By Kindrik

I figure it would still be worth a shot to talk to Nintendo support about it, especially since there's no way I know of for you to transfer your downloads to the new system.  I had a DS Lite break on me out of warranty a couple years ago and I was still able to get it replaced for free.

So in the end even if they can't fix your system, maybe they can replace it for free or less than the cost of a new system.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Yeah, call Nintendo support. And if you can't fix it, and you actually like your Wii then I guess you will have to buy it again? 

Also, see if Nintendo can do this - 

@Kindrik said:

" So in the end even if they can't fix your system, maybe they can replace it for free or less than the cost of a new system. "
    Majkiboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Majkiboy

Yeah, I guess I have nothing to lose in contacting em.. I just hope the Wii will see a price cut soon .. although there are a lot of used ones out there, maybe I should get one cheap and "play" with it a little ^^

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.