Need some Wiimote help.

#1 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -

I've dusted off my old Wii to see how she was doing as a I have someone who wants to buy it however the Wii Mote refuses to sync up with the console. I've tried everything turning off, plugging out wires, taping two sync buttons and holding the sync buttons but it still won't budge. Any help would be much appreciated. 

#2 Posted by RE_Player1 (7574 posts) -

Try taking out the batteries, plugging in a nun-chuck, taping the sync buttons one at a time ( first Wiimote than console and if that doesn't work vice versa). I don't know what else to tell you man. 

#3 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Sounds like you covered all the bases. Sometimes my Wii Remote refuses to sync up. Have you tried taking out the batteries of the Wii Remote and then putting them back in. That works sometimes.

#4 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@Claude: @RE_Player92: Thanks for help but its still not working. I even tried plugging in my gamecube controller which failed too work seems like this Wii is just fucked.
#5 Posted by MikkaQ (10336 posts) -
@Dylabaloo said:
" @Claude: @RE_Player92: Thanks for help but its still not working. I even tried plugging in my gamecube controller which failed too work seems like this Wii is just fucked. "
Well you need a working wii-mote to get past the menus of the wii, a GC controller won't work for that, so keep fiddling with the remote. Could be that the remote is fucked instead of the console. See if you can't borrow a remote from someone to test that out. 
#6 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@XII_Sniper: Yeah hopefully thats the case i'll get a lend and see how it works.
#7 Posted by Dylabaloo (1549 posts) -
@RE_Player92: @Claude: @XII_Sniper: Thank You all the Wii's working peachy now. Turns out the Controller was defunk'd. Again thanks.
#8 Posted by MikkaQ (10336 posts) -

Good to hear you don't have to replace the whole box!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.