Netflix Coming to the Wii

• 63 results
#51 Posted by MikkaQ (10296 posts) -

That's neat and all, but I mean for something that's 480p, it's kinda pointless when I can stream from my other two consoles, or the cable box itself... or an apple TV or something in HD. Or just y'know walk to the rental store. Urgh streaming media sucks on my shoddy internets anyway.

#52 Posted by foggel (2763 posts) -

I take it HD wont be available? 

In Europe we have Zune for the xbox 360, and I love the service... only thing is the poor selection of movies. There's only like 50. What's surprising though is that 2010 is one of the movies. Which is a fairly unknown movie in itself, but wait - they don't have 2001. I wonder how they pick them :P

#53 Posted by Kayrack (298 posts) -

what really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!

#54 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

Cool I guess, I will probably give it a try to see how it compares to the 360 for me. Probably can't stream HD but my internet blows hard enough it doesn't matter anyway as I have never been able to stream anything in HD from the 360. Might be more stable though, who knows.

#55 Posted by Special_K (112 posts) -

This is a big win for Netflix, there are a ton of Wiis out there.

#56 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

I wish i had netflix why don't they bring this to Canada. all i want is the streaming i don't want those dvds in the mail.

#57 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

I don´t give a rat´s ass about Netflix I want to White piece of crap to be able to play DVD´s Mine still has still Mario Galaxy in it from the time it came out. 

#58 Posted by SeriouslyNow (8534 posts) -

I'd hate to be Netflix or Nintendo when the complaints to roll in,  Wireless, streaming video and a slow CPU with little in the way of hardware acceleration for processing said streamed video do a not a good mix make.

#59 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
@harvey_the_pooka said:
" I don´t give a rat´s ass about Netflix I want to White piece of crap to be able to play DVD´s Mine still has still Mario Galaxy in it from the time it came out.  "
It takes 20 minutes to teach a Wii to play DVDs.
#60 Posted by harvey_the_pooka (271 posts) -

i don´t mean the homebrew crap. I want it out of the box or through a firmware update. I shouldn´t be that hard for them to do...

#61 Posted by ax3m4hn (39 posts) -

i wonder if there will only be a family section
#62 Posted by demontium (4709 posts) -
@ax3m4hn said:
" i wonder if there will only be a family section "
Nice avatar.
#63 Posted by Linkyshinks (9880 posts) -
#64 Edited by Willy105 (4690 posts) -

It's still like a sixthieth of the entire Wii audience.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.