Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

New Project From Sakurai And Nintendo

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Marzy

Masahiro Sakurai and Nintendo are working together on a new game for the Wii, through a company known as Project Sora.

Last month Masahiro Sakurai's company, Sora, joined up with Nintendo and formed the new first-party with Nintendo, named Project Sora. Along with the collaboration, they will be developing  a new game together, but this will not be a new Smash Bros game, as Satoru Iwata has noted, "It's not Smash Bros. I asked for."

Sakurai has also promised that it'll be an "experience that's different from anything (you've played) up until now."

Source: Cubed3

Personally, I'm really excited by this and hopefully it will turn out to be an interesting game. I also wouldn't mined a new Kirby game for the Wii.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

It's sounds like it going to be something fresh, which is great.

Looking forward to hearing more on this ;)

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By BoG

Great news, Sakurai knows what he is doing, as evidenced by the Smash series. I can't wait for more info.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By ArcBorealis

Sounds like a new IP

Could by awesome. I'm interested

vaultboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By vaultboy
    Sakurai has also promised that it'll be an "experience that's different from anything (you've played) up until now."
    Hopefully, that doesn't mean something akin to Wii Music.  That was certainly different from any other experience.
    Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Dark_Link142

That's really intriguing. I like Sakurai. He's done a great job on the Smash Bros. series. I'd like to see what else he can do.

He's already shown us that he makes good Kirby games, and other games like Meteos DS. But with funding and resourcing by Nintendo, Sakurai could really shine through this project.

Let's hope for the best!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.