Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Nintendo fans campaigning to get high profile games localized.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By chickdigger802

http://wii.ign.com/articles/117/1179120p1.html

Basically doing stuff to get attention for Xenoblade, Last Story, Pandora's Tower to be localized and released in the states.

Would gladly help them out. Wii games to play are far and few, but the good ones are really fun and unique experiences that you don't see on other consoles.

And if this works, it should help in the long run. I heard Monolith Soft is already working on a new title for Wii U. Not sure if any of these games are good (famitsu likes them for what's that's worth) but I'd love to have those sexy box art in my collection ;P

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

This won't change anything.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By chickdigger802

@FluxWaveZ:

idk, stuff like this basically brought yakuza 3 and 4 to the states.

Nintendo is a bit more stubborn, but they are using twitter and what not now. Who knows these days. Don't be so pessimistic. xD

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By FluxWaveZ
    @chickdigger802: I can see how it could have had an impact in Yakuza 3's case (don't know about Yakuza 4), but yeah, this is Nintendo we're talking about. It's not just stubbornness but total apathy. 
    chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By chickdigger802

@FluxWaveZ said:

@chickdigger802: I can see how it could have had an impact in Yakuza 3's case (don't know about Yakuza 4), but yeah, this is Nintendo we're talking about. It's not just stubbornness but total apathy.

I know. But the problem is Reggie. Somehow you just believe even if it never happens lmao.

w/e I'm more doing it cuz this generation, jrpgs are extremely limited for consoles. Most are for portables and half of those don't even make it here.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

I think Yakuza 4's localization was more due to the fact that Sega actually recognized that there is a demand for the series in the states. That they didn't half-ass the localization by cutting out large chunks of side content in Yakzua 4 proves that they're finally getting it, where that series is concerned.

Xenoblade is getting a release in Europe, but then, NOE has been far more accepting of some of Nintendo's Japanese content with releases of games like Last Window and Disaster (even though Disaster is, by accounts I've read, not that great a game). It's frustrating to see games like The Last Story and Pandora's Tower released overseas and not be able to play them in a localized form.

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By chickdigger802

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Looks like they started early. Monado (early name for xenoblade) is top of amazon games o_O.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

@chickdigger802 said:

Looks like they started early. Monado (early name for xenoblade) is top of amazon games o_O.

I saw that. Just preordered it myself. Maybe with enough luck and effort, it'll actually be fulfilled.

Also, at the OpRainfall twitter account, they've reported that the campaign has caught the attention of people at Monolithsoft and it seems that they're supportive of it.

ervonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By ervonymous

What the hell is going on, not that I'm complaining.

I can't seem to get the link to work. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/26966

chickdigger802

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By chickdigger802

@Hailinel said:

@chickdigger802 said:

I saw that. Just preordered it myself. Maybe with enough luck and effort, it'll actually be fulfilled.

Also, at the OpRainfall twitter account, they've reported that the campaign has caught the attention of people at Monolithsoft and it seems that they're supportive of it.

and last story is confirmed for europe.

glad I modded my wii so I can play other region games ;)

DrDarkStryfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By DrDarkStryfe

I always wondered who greenlit games to be localized. Is it NCL, or NoA?

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By UnrealDP

Guys, if we're going to do all this campaigning talk can we restrict it to a single thread, this is the 4th one i've seen today for christs sake and its just kind of annoying any way.

evilhomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By evilhomer
    mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By mariokart64fan

im still waiting for fzero climax stunt race 2 , , mother 3 , donkeykonga 3 haha its amazing how we get screwed and where is my marioparty 9 already ,

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.