Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Nintendo Let me down

• 72 results
    Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#51  Edited By Black_Rose
    clarke0 said:
    ""About 5 I think would appeal to a wide audience of core players." Neither Fire Emblem or Trauma Center really appeal to the mainstream hardcore audience, they are more attractive to a niche group of players. Most of those games he listed are last-gen ports (Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Okami, MLB Power Pros, Bully: Scholarship Edition, LEGO Star Wars), games that are on other systems and are not made specifically from the ground up for the Wii (Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock,  Pro Evolution Soccer '08, Madden, LEGO Indiana Jones, The Godfather: Blackhand Edition), or games that are not something that will interest most core gamers. Really, ask yourself how many Wii games you would consider "must-have"?
    "
    I'm done with this, even if i made a list of 10.000 games you're going to look for 10000 excuses to make them look like crap, all the games he listed are quality and i know because i've played most. Sell your wii, see what i care, see what Nintendo cares, but please just stop whining and let us have fun with our games.
    Avatar image for twilit_igniter42
    Twilit_Igniter42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Twilit_Igniter42
    caption
    caption
    Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Kr3lian

I have a Wii and can't even find the time or money to play the amazing Wii games that I have, let alone some mythical non-existent game that Nintendo could be putting out.

Wii+DS = Too many amazing games for me to even play.  I plan on buying a PS3 soon and giving my girlfriend the Wii, but it is only because there are a number of PS3 games I want to play and will not be able to find time for the Wii anymore.

Seriously, if you are playing so many games that you say, "The Wii just doesn't have enough good games to satisfy me," then you are:

A) Rich with a LOT of time on your hands
    B) Poor but have absolutely no life
    C) Work in the games industry, so you are playing games all god damn day

or, most likely

D) Are in high school, have a lot of time, and are spoiled by your parents.

That is all.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54  Edited By Nets

I bought the Wii thinking I'd buy lots of games for it  (GC) and it would hold me over 5 years until the next Nintendo platform, but sadly, there is loads of shit on it and IMO, Nintendo's franchises are becoming weaker by each generation. If Nintendo's E3's, Leipzig, and other showings that showcased casual gaming properties, we do see a trend that the Wii is the home of casual gaming, and is not competing against PS3 and 360. And before I get flamed at by random people, I have taken action of my situation.

clarke0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By clarke0
    Luchadeer said:
    "nope, all I have to say is SSBB
    "
    Yeah, that game is just about the only reason I play my Wii on a semi-regular basis. Still I wish third-parties would step in and make some more good games. I think the Wii's potential is being totally wasted, which disappoints me as a former Nintendo fan.
    Earthbounder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By Earthbounder
    Driam said:
    "I have to agree completely, because we all know that games such as

Resident evil 4
    Mario galaxy
    Prime 3: Corruption
    Excite truck
    Boom Blox
    No more heroes
    Mario strikers
    Mario kart wii
    Bully
    Umbrella chronicles
    Twilight princess
    Star trek conquest
    Paper mario
    Brawl
    GH3
    WarioWare
    and Splinter cell: Double agent are all pieces of shiet.

Seriously dude, come back when you've played all of those and we'll talk. And it's not Nintendo's fault that your wi-fi is crap.
    "

I have got nothing else to say. You summed it all up perfectly.
    Kloreep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Kloreep
    Irishjohn said:
    "I'm pretty surprised by how upset people are getting about this.  I know where this guy is coming from.  I don't think the console is a piece of crap, at all, but I haven't touched it in weeks.  I'm not going to sell it because there will be games that I want to play, in addition to virtual console, and the game library is better than that of the PS3.  But still, the Wii feels like a lot of its potential is being wasted."

I have to agree some of its potential is going to waste. For instance, western RPGs are lacking, and JRPGs are in short supply. Then again, there's no particular reason to put those on Wii. A better example is that it's also not getting many shooters, despite the Wiimote-Nunchuk combo being practically made for them. Retro gave us Metroid Prime 3, but otherwise there's the RE4 port, the Medal of Honor game, and I suppose Call of Duty 3. But Nintendo has never really made those kinds of games, why should they start now? As far as I can see, Nintendo has delivered the sorts of stuff they always have. What I see missing in the Wii line-up is due to lack of third party support, not due to Nintendo.
    Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#58  Edited By Batman

Indeed.  No matter how many times they try to deny it, Nintendo forget about the hardcore gamers.  Wii Sports Resort looks like a blast though.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By zityz
    Nintendo "fans" are the wierdest bunch of confused gamers out there.
    Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#60  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    zityz said:
    "Nintendo "fans" are the wierdest bunch of confused gamers out there."
    I'm a fan of Nintendo. That doesn't mean I don't think that there's a lot of crap out there. I'm a fan of Nintendo and Wii, and an enemy of the 3rd party companies that don't care. Blame them. At the same time, though, some have stepped up, such as PlatinumGames (Madworld), High Voltage (The Conduit, Animales De La Muerte), Tecmo (who have moved Tenchu and Fatal Frame to Wii exclusive), THQ (de Blob, Deadly Creatures), Frontier (LostWinds), and Grasshopper (helping on Fatal Frame, made No More Heroes).

To say that there's no good games on the Wii is to restrict yourself to playing the worst games, because there's good stuff out there. Also, notice how most of these games are coming out in the latter days of the console, or at least a year after launch? That happened with the DS. Everyone was like, "OMG teh graphix are liek PS2 and you can watch movies OMG!" And then they said "Eww teh graphix are liek n64 and teh stylus is for retards." Now, the DS library is OVERFLOWING with quality content while the PSP can't the the scraps from the table. I don't think the difference will be as severe as with the DS and PSP as with the Wii and PS360, but it will happen. It already is. PlatinumGames is giving PS360 owners a game that "is like Devil May Cry." Wii owners get a game that is like "a cross between Sin City and Looney Tunes." The creativity is stronger on Wii than any other system, and the games are coming. And when they get here, ohh man. Ima bust a nut.

Erhrhm..excuse me....
    Sparkcil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sparkcil

You're a freaking retard if you think the Wii has no good games.

• Wii Sports (23.19 million, not including Japan)
  • Wii Play (11.51 million)
  • Mario Kart Wii (6.42 million)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (6.1 million)
  • Wii Fit (5.27 million approximately: 3.42 million from April to June 2008, 1.85 million prior to April 2008)
  • Mario Party 8 (4.86 million)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (4.85 million)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (4.52 million)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (3.4 million)
  • Super Paper Mario (2.28 million)
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (2.26 million)
  • Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (2 million)
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)
  • Mario Strikers Charged (1.77 million)
  • Link's Crossbow Training (1.71 million)
  • Carnival Games (1.5 million)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (1.31 million)
  • Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (1.25 million)
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids (1.2 million)
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings (1.2 million)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (1.05 million)
  • Red Steel (1 million)
  • Game Party (1 million shipped)
  • Total Wii games sold as of June 302008: 188.85 million.
    Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Nets
    Sparkcil said:
    "

You're a freaking retard if you think the Wii has no good games.

• Wii Sports (23.19 million, not including Japan)
  • Wii Play (11.51 million)
  • Mario Kart Wii (6.42 million)
  • Super Mario Galaxy (6.1 million)
  • Wii Fit (5.27 million approximately: 3.42 million from April to June 2008, 1.85 million prior to April 2008)
  • Mario Party 8 (4.86 million)
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl (4.85 million)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (4.52 million)
  • Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (3.4 million)
  • Super Paper Mario (2.28 million)
  • Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (2.26 million)
  • Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (2 million)
  • WarioWare: Smooth Moves (1.82 million)
  • Mario Strikers Charged (1.77 million)
  • Link's Crossbow Training (1.71 million)
  • Carnival Games (1.5 million)
  • Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (1.31 million)
  • Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition (1.25 million)
  • Rayman Raving Rabbids (1.2 million)
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings (1.2 million)
  • Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles (1.05 million)
  • Red Steel (1 million)
  • Game Party (1 million shipped)
  • Total Wii games sold as of June 302008: 188.85 million.
    "
    You're in no position to insult people's intelligence because their opinion doesn't match your's.
    AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By AndrewGaspar

My Wii is my Super Smash Bros. machine and that's it. =/

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    Driam said:
    "I have to agree completely, because we all know that games such as

Resident evil 4 - Already on Gamecube and Playstation 2
    Mario galaxy - Awesome game, but only fun one time through
    Prime 3: Corruption - better FPS's on other consoles
    Excite truck - Motorstorm is better
    Boom Blox - LittleBigPlanet
    No more heroes - Uninteresting
    Mario strikers - Seriously? If I'm going to play a baseball game, I'll play MLB 08 or something
    Mario kart wii - Sort of cool, but don't care enough
    Bully - Already on PS2 and Xbox 360
    Umbrella chronicles - Sort of cool, but it's no Resident Evil 5
    Twilight princess - Cool
    Star trek conquest - ... wow
    Paper mario - they ruined it
    Brawl - AWESOME
    GH3 - On every other console ever with DLC
    WarioWare - mini-game collection
    and Splinter cell: Double agent - On other platforms

are all pieces of shiet.

Seriously dude, come back when you've played all of those and we'll talk. And it's not Nintendo's fault that your wi-fi is crap.
    "
    and since i wouldn't want to play many of these games with Wii graphics and Wii controls, buying them on other consoles makes more sense.
    TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By TheHBK

You named all the good games for the WII.  Thats the problem.  The Xbox and maybe even the PS3 have a lot more titles that are great.  You can't restrict someone to just those titles.  Besides, Mario Strikers?  Mario Kart?  Those games are not so ground breaking on the Wii.  And a few of those are ports that are not so hot.  Bully and RE4 are cool games but if you are a gamer, you already played those on another console.  You just can't deny that the Wii is having a severe lack of good games.  Just because a few good games are out doesn't make it the best system or does it have a decent library.  Also, what other games are coming out?  I don't know!  Nintendo is dropping the ball and so are the 3rd parties by just putting out license games and kids games.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By AndrewGaspar
    TheHBK said:
    "You named all the good games for the WII.  Thats the problem.  The Xbox and maybe even the PS3 have a lot more titles that are great.  You can't restrict someone to just those titles.  Besides, Mario Strikers?  Mario Kart?  Those games are not so ground breaking on the Wii.  And a few of those are ports that are not so hot.  Bully and RE4 are cool games but if you are a gamer, you already played those on another console.  You just can't deny that the Wii is having a severe lack of good games.  Just because a few good games are out doesn't make it the best system or does it have a decent library.  Also, what other games are coming out?  I don't know!  Nintendo is dropping the ball and so are the 3rd parties by just putting out license games and kids games."
    Exactly.
    Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By Thunder

I agree Nintendo has no games for the hardcore gamer. its a dust collecter.

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Nets

The Wii is pretty much only good for Nintendo titles, which are becoming weaker and weaker by the generation. Yes, there only a couple great third party games, but its third party is complete garbage compared to PS3 and 360, not like it was of some quality anyways.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By atejas

It's good if you have some extra cash and already have one of the other consoles

Nets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Nets

Agreed. A good secondary system. But not as a primary system.

Avatar image for vash_the_stampede
    Vash_The_Stampede

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the Wii is a strong system because it makes things clean and simple. I have played the three consoles, and I think that the 360 has the better games, because of graphical quality, deep gameplay and excellent control schemes. Besides, I love racing games, and the 360 has the best of them. Yet, I decided to buy a wii, mainly for two things: first, I owned a Gamecube, which I ruined by spilling coke on it :S. The GC library is excellent, and in order to continue playing those games, I bought the wii for it´s backwards compatibility, which, by the way is flawless. Secondly, I don´t consider myself a hardcore gamer, college just takes away too much of my time. I find the wii´s gamplay extremely relaxing, and so different to anything else, I just play not worrying about making the best time, unlocking achievemtns or such; just to relax and have a good time. Now, my point is, the games of the wii are perfect for this function (at least that´s what I believe), easy to pick up and play any time...I do wish it had better graphics, but I grew up only playing Nintendo Consoles (in fact I haven´t owned anything that isnt Nintendo) and that nostalgia value adds up to the overall experience for me...Mario games, Smash Bros, Metroid...they are all there. I still think the 360 is a great console, yet I find the Wii enough to satisfy my needs.
    Oh, and BTW...there isn´t a better therapy for stress than playing WarioWare for half an hour :P

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#72  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    Thunder said:
    "

I agree Nintendo has no games for the hardcore gamer. its a dust collecter.

"
    What is up with this "hardcore" bullshit? I'm 16 and I've been playing games since Doom, Super Mario World and Unreal Tournament, and I think that Wii Fit is a quality piece of software. People need to stop worrying about whether or not the game is "cool" or if the game is good by "hardcore standards". Just play the damn game. It surprises me how stagnant people are on believing video games are an artform. Yeah, sure, it's possible, but we haven't hit it yet. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, all of your "art" games, they're movies. Movies. Deal with it. If you can't have fun with Warioware, than I don't know what to say. You have to try to not have fun with the Wii, especially with Wii Sports and Galaxy. Sure, games can be an art form, but they can also be simple fun.

The point is, I guess, that you can play Morrowind or Gears of War for a few hours straight, and then weigh yourself in and do some yoga on Wii Fit. That's fine. But don't try to not have fun. That's retarded. There may not be as many big titles on the Wii for now, but this is the first of its kind. I won't argue that the Wii has the best library, because it doesn't, but there's quality in there. You don't have to be the best to be good. Xbox didn't have the best library, but it had some real gems, like KOTOR and Morrowind (sorry for talking about Morrowind so much, but that game is so freakin sweet, I can't get enough). Same with the Gamecube. It may have come in last in sales, but I can't think of anyone I know that regretted their Gamecube. But soon, later this year, even, there's unique games coming. Stuff like Mushroom Men, and MadWorld, and Spyborgs, and Sadness, and a sequel to Zack and Wiki, maybe. Also, there's stuff like The Conduit and Cursed Mountain who promise to push things on a technical level. It's people like High Voltage and Deep Silver and Nibris and PlatinumGames that I respect more than Bungie or Valve or Nintendo, because there really the ones taking risks with the software. There's less drama with the 360 and PS3 because it's the same developers you all know and love. Here, we have breakout devs trying to earn a slice of the pie. Because of the Wii, they have been given that chance. If Nintendo completely abandoned their core franchises for the console and focused solely on "casual" fare, I'd be fine.

The Wii may not be used by some as of now, but there's definitely games in the pipeline, and these games are why I bought a Wii. I didn't give two shits about Zelda when I got it. I cared about Wii Sports, the new ideas that come from the hardware. And boy, I don't think I could be happier with what I see coming.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.