Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

No More, No More Heroes for the Wii?

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By flaminghobo

"I think No More Heroes 2 is the last NMH, (No More Heroes), that is going to be developed on the Wii. To expand NMH to new possibilities, we need a new platform. Wii is a great platform, but we've done everything we can with it now." - Goichi Suda

/sadface

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Welcome to 10 days ago. Try /happyface since 2 is not even released yet, to start considering the sequel...

All I know is those are big words, 2 better be something very special with none of the flaws of the original...

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Godwind
    @Al3xand3r said:
    " Welcome to 10 days ago. Try /happyface since 2 is not even released yet, to start considering the sequel...All I know is those are big words, 2 better be something very special with none of the flaws of the original... "

You got flame baited.
    JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

I personally wouldn't want them to keep rehashing the same game. If they believe they need to move on to another console, that's probably a great thing for the series.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    @JJWeatherman said:
    " I personally wouldn't want them to keep rehashing the same game. If they believe they need to move on to another console, that's probably a great thing for the series. "
    It really depends on what they do. If they want really ambitious free-roaming stuff, it can't stay on Wii.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's not like they exploited the Wii's abilities when it comes to free roaming. Unless NMH2 is focused on that, which I don't think it is from what's been said already, even if it's improved from the first. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. GTA(PS2)'s open world & sandbox gameplay is vastly better than NMH's, hell, they shouldn't even be compared with such a hugely more detailed world and so many more things to explore and do on a much larger scale. If there's no good open world in NMH, that's because it's a low budget, linear experience, in which they shoehorned some quick and dirty open stuff in for the hell of it or something. Not because the Wii can't do what the PS2 did, despite being at least twice as powerful, so in theory able to do much better than any past gen GTA. Would that be so bad, considering it would be stylised and cel shaded?

PS2, 2004. Still considered the best GTA by many... This is but a brief glimpse...

The experience has even been translated to the PSP... We'll all believe Wii can't?

Of course, GTAIII and onwards had large budgets and development teams, something that Grasshopper wouldn't dream of (unless the relative success of the first two greenlights a high budget, but that's also quite unlikely). I'd say that's the biggest reason the open world sucks, aside from being an intentional jab. Personally, I can't see them able to create something of the GTAIV scale on the PS360 unless they get some damn rich (M$?) benefactors funding their little studio. An open world game on the Wii would need half the budget and is probably more achievable, if they actually hire competent programmers, but hey, whatever Suda wants to do, he'll attempt to do, so good luck to him! I'll be there to see it anyway.

As for "rehashing the same game", that's got pretty much nothing to do with staying on the same system, most franchises that made the leap from past to current gen remained nearly identical aside from their new HD visuals anyway. RE4-5, GoW2-3, Halo 2-3, etc. Just saying.

Anyway, there's a thread for this already, from 15 days ago or something like that. Grasshopper forum.
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: i dont wanna lie, i disagree again.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

You disagree with what? I didn't express an opinion or anything. Well I guess I did say that GTA games on PS2/PSP do open world better than NMH but that's pretty factual, even for those who hate GTA... Which I personally don't like all that much anyway, but facts are facts.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: "
    "It's not like they exploited the Wii's abilities when it comes to free roaming."

hmm, looks like an opinion to me, and thats just the first sentence kid.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Al3xand3r

Nope, that's pretty factual, considering factually weaker systems have done a lot better. Calling me a kid doesn't help your nonexistent points.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: Well if you wanna ignore facts, then.

"Not because the Wii can't do what the PS2 did, despite being at least twice as powerful, so in theory able to do much better than any past gen GTA. Would that be so bad, considering it would be stylised and cel shaded?"

Disagree with both sentences.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

Again, there's no opinion to disagree with there. There's a factual statement (go check the systems' specs) and a (rhetorical) question.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: Ive seen the tech specs, they are neck and neck.

The question is rhetorical; you implying it would be fine, but NMH isnt very stylized last time i played it.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Al3xand3r

Neck and neck? Even just looking at the hard numbers without considering the better, more efficient architecture, and the fact the GameCube was already better than the PS2, it vastly outperforms it in every aspect. These are the core elements.

Wii:

PS2:
    demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: Lets through the tech jarbel out and deal with the facts hmm?

What can the wii visually do that PS2 cant?
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

So, first you say you've "seen the tech specs" and "they're neck and neck", now you say specs are tech jarbel? Lol. There's a vast difference in the amount of calculations their CPUs can do, and a vast difference in the amount of RAM, what they're actually used for will vary from game to game so there's no particular example, specs are responsible for pretty much everything in a game, what areas are the focus is up to the dev.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By demontium
    @Al3xand3r: sure, jump the hoops kid.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.