Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

On-Demand Video For Wii and DSi On The Way

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

Nintendo President, Satoru Iwata, has confirmed On-Demand video between the Nintendo Wii and DSi is in the works.

In an Interview with the Wall Street Journal, Mr Iwata suggested that downloadable video between the Wii and DSi is possibility, and that when Nintendo's own service begins, it would be slightly different to what other services provide currently.

If the Wii and the DS are connected, it should be possible to download video through the Wii and take it with you on the DS. When the service begins, you'll see how we're going to do it differently in a Nintendo-like way. There are a lot of on-demand video services, so there's no reason to do the same thing, so we're going to do something different.

-Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President

The service will start in Japan initially, with a strong posibility of a similar service being offered to the West if successful.

So, what would you like to see made available here?, Movies, or perhaps your favourite TV shows, maybe some Manga & Anime?

Thanks to Kombo.com

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Endogene

Cool and all but watching stuff made for a normal TV screen on a hand held is not really my thing but guess there must be people who do not have this complaint.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Alexander

The resolution on a DSi is 265x192. That's all I have to say.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Godwind

It would be nice to have the streaming video feature.

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

In the "Nintendo-like way?" Now I'm a bit worried. =p

And once again, so much for, "We just want our consoles to play games."

Just focus on making me a new StarFox game Nintendo. Please, that's all I ask.

Mushir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Mushir

I hope they put up some stuff that is at least a little bit interesting.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm pretty confident Nintendo are going to do deals with the large Anime houses in Japan. Nintendo love keepin it Nihon.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

Would be nice to get some good Anime in Europe too. Nobody shows that stuff here. But if they bring it to PAL Wiis I guess I can watch it as any other user, just without my native language's sub titles. They couldn't lock it by country, right? Only by region.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Only by region I guess.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By Arkthemaniac
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "In the "Nintendo-like way?" Now I'm a bit worried. =pAnd once again, so much for, "We just want our consoles to play games." Just focus on making me a new StarFox game Nintendo. Please, that's all I ask."
    Bad news.

Don't expect a Star Fox game on Wii. the creator of most of the games thinks the Wii is a toy.
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By oldschool

Anime is the ONLY video that I would interested in using.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r
    Arkthemaniac said:
    "MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:
    "In the "Nintendo-like way?" Now I'm a bit worried. =pAnd once again, so much for, "We just want our consoles to play games." Just focus on making me a new StarFox game Nintendo. Please, that's all I ask."
    Bad news.

Don't expect a Star Fox game on Wii. the creator of most of the games thinks the Wii is a toy.
    "
    Nintendo owns the IP, the "creator of most of the games" simply acted like a bitter ex girlfriend in that interview. Then tried to pretend he didn't mean any of it in a bad manner by responding in the Kotaku thread about it. But we talked about that here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.