Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Please add a space for friend codes in settings

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#1  Edited By AgentJ

It seems a little ridiculous to me that there is a space for PSN IDs and XBl gamertags, but nothing for friend codes. I know GiantBomb isn't all that friendly to Nintendo owners these days, but would you please give owners a space to put their numbers?

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#2  Edited By LordAndrew

I assume you mean the code for the system itself? It would get a bit unwieldy if they allowed you to enter your friend code for every single game you have, but if it was just the one that would probably be fine.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Vinchenzo

But dude, it's for security. Nintendo wants to protect you, why are you reversing this process?

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ
    LordAndrew said:
    "I assume you mean the code for the system itself? It would get a bit unwieldy if they allowed you to enter your friend code for every single game you have, but if it was just the one that would probably be fine."
    Right, just the system code. 
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Godwind

I'll fix it for you Agent J.  Smiley.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By PureRok

This might have been better suited for the request thread or something.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#7  Edited By jeff
    AgentJ said:
    "It seems a little ridiculous to me that there is a space for PSN IDs and XBl gamertags, but nothing for friend codes. I know GiantBomb isn't all that friendly to Nintendo owners these days, but would you please give owners a space to put their numbers?"
    Considering you actually need to exchange codes with someone for it to mean anything (and that most games have their own codes), just having a slot to put your console code in doesn't really make any part of that process easier. I've got a better idea about how to handle that stuff, but it's not at the top of our list right now. Thanks.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Godwind
    Jeff said:
    "AgentJ said:
    "It seems a little ridiculous to me that there is a space for PSN IDs and XBl gamertags, but nothing for friend codes. I know GiantBomb isn't all that friendly to Nintendo owners these days, but would you please give owners a space to put their numbers?"
    Considering you actually need to exchange codes with someone for it to mean anything (and that most games have their own codes), just having a slot to put your console code in doesn't really make any part of that process easier. I've got a better idea about how to handle that stuff, but it's not at the top of our list right now. Thanks.
    "
    Don't worry, I'll handle it for now.  I will set up the list in the morning.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Godwind

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.