Rondo of Blood has finally been released.

#1 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
#2 Posted by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

isn't this Castlevania X or something?  

none the less cool release. i really want a wii :( 

#3 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

BTW, I believe this to be the PC-Engine CD version, eh? 

I think I'll finish Circle of the Moon before I get this. Then Castlevania Rebirth.

#4 Posted by JJOR64 (18908 posts) -

I have the game on PSP so I'm not sure if I'm going to get this release or not.

#5 Posted by demontium (4707 posts) -

FINALLY! some obscure has finally arrived! 

Jeez I was worried. 

On a serious note: the game looks awesome, but lets be honest and admit no one was waiting for this game.

#6 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@demontium said:
"FINALLY! some obscure has finally arrived!  Jeez I was worried.  On a serious note: the game looks awesome, but lets be honest and admit no one was waiting for this game. "

I was waiting mofo.
#7 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Linkyshinks said:
" @Emilio said:
" BTW, I believe this to be the PC-Engine CD version, eh?  I think I'll finish Circle of the Moon before I get this. Then Castlevania Rebirth. "
  I advise you to pass on Rebirth, Emilio, it really is a bland affair, just as Contra Rebirth is.  I already have the game on PSP "

I have yet to get a PSP even though I still have plans to get one eventually.  I already got the Virtual Consol version.  There are a few things I don't like about the game. 
1) You can't skip cutscenes 
2) They didn't made no localizations (I wish an english option was made) 

although I will have to take the wait and see approach.
#8 Posted by Bluethunder35 (337 posts) -

Wow, Rondo is one tough cookie. Most Castlevania games are easy for me. Not this one. It's like 1988 again when I had to replay Castlevania for the NES over and over again until I mastered it. Still, I'm glad that I finally got the opportunity to play this game.

#9 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

The game is already on the PSP so this isn't a huge deal.

#10 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

It was also already on PC Engine so that wasn't a huge deal either. Ok, move along.

#11 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

The 3D remake is better. Yup...I said it

#12 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@Godwind:  
I got this game last night! Wahh the intro was so crazy and all in German or some other foreign language (Sorry, I'm American. We don't get educated about you foreign people over here) 

The CD audio is really great too. I'm always amazed at how great the Turbo-CD games sound. 

Sigh... The TurboGrafx/PC Engine was a nice console for its time, wasn't it? Thank you for the memories NEC/Hudson/Konami.
#13 Posted by MotherBrain (40 posts) -

This game was one of the only reasons I considered buying a PSP besides a few other games of interest. Needless to say, I'm happy I can finally play it in its original form.

#14 Posted by Godwind (2597 posts) -
@Emilio said:
" @Godwind:  I got this game last night! Wahh the intro was so crazy and all in German or some other foreign language (Sorry, I'm American. We don't get educated about you foreign people over here)   The CD audio is really great too. I'm always amazed at how great the Turbo-CD games sound.  Sigh... The TurboGrafx/PC Engine was a nice console for its time, wasn't it? Thank you for the memories NEC/Hudson/Konami. "
It just was not popular in the states.  In japan however, it was a huge deal.
#15 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

The music to the opening level of this game is surely one of the greatest themes of all time. 

#16 Posted by trophyhunter (5800 posts) -

it was put out  like 2 years ago in the PSP as part of Dracula X chronicles.

#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

That's pretty cool, finally a legal home console release of rondo stateside. Goddamn it's been a long time coming, but I was hoping it'd show up on the xbox or PS3 instead, ah well. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.