Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

RUMOR - Nintendo Power confirms Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom for N.A.

• 73 results
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Al3xand3r

@Kaos, of course they pay, I didn't mean they get it for free... But the cost surely isn't as high as having to buy a whole new board, it's common practice to only get a new version of the actual game media, no? T6BR sounds like an exception.

@Endo, ouch, harsh.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52  Edited By Endogene
    @Al3xand3r: It's the new dimmension in fighting games, kind of like breaking the fourth wall ^^
    Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By KaosAngel
    Al3xand3r said:
    @Kaos, of course they pay, I didn't mean they get it for free... But the cost surely isn't as high ... [more]
    If the company wants to be a dick and change a bit of the hardware they can, and the Game Center has no choice buy to rebuy it.  If they don't buy it, they lose sales.  There was a problem with earlier "Card" Games, hard to explain...it's like a future version of Yugioh with Dynasty Warriors...

...anyways, for the new card expansion pack, they required a new Machine...and the Card Battlers are the most expensive arcade units in this country due to dual screens and a touch screen for every user.  Every center had to buy the new units because it's a VERY popular game to this day.  Square Enix requires about 10000円 per pair of units for their Swords of Vermillion card game for every card expansion. 

The problem with the arcade industry in Japan is that the Centers have to pay for it.  They can't over change gamers or else they won't go.  A pack of cards is    800円, while a single play is 400円.  Square makes money off the cards while the Centers can only profit from people buying the time to play the game.  If the company keeps upgrading the units/games, they Center can't make any profits and they go out of business.  Granted a game lasts for about 15-25 minutes.  The cost to maintain one of these Centers is a lot...when I first came here there was a Center on almost every street.  Now Centers are on every street in every major city in Tokyo.  :(

This is why only Sega Centers and Taito Centers are alive here.  I mean, Square Enix controls most of the arcades here...they got nothing to lose.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Al3xand3r

Again, of course they pay... And of course they only pay if they think they'll get a return to it so they'll pay for popular games... I didn't ask for Japanese arcade business 101. Are you disagreeing with something I said or, what, I don't quiet get this discussion...

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55  Edited By KaosAngel
    Al3xand3r said:
    Again, of course they pay... And of course they only pay if they think they'll get a return to it ... [more]
    It's not business 101, it's common sense in Japanese culture...lol.  It's awesome.  I really feel the rest of the world is missing out with all these amazing games.  :(

No one believes me when I say arcades are always packed with businessmen...there's so much smoking in the basement due to children not being allowed in most basements of centers. 
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Godwind
    KaosAngel said:
    People got weird tastes in games.  Japanese gamers are good at picking out bad fighting games...and they pretty much left ... [more]

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By mracoon

I'm surprised they got the right for all those characters in the US.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Godwind
    Al3xand3r said:
    Totally...Man, I'm so excited, does the Wii even have any other decent fighters around? Other than Brawl, which I suck ... [more]
    If I am not mistaken, Guilty Gear XX Accent Core, Samrurai Showdown Anthology, King of Fighters: The Orochi Saga are on the Wii.  In addition there are some virtual console releases.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Al3xand3r

Yeah, I meant new releases, not VC or collection compilations. Guess I forgot about GG.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#60  Edited By Shadow

Meh.  Tatsunoko owns the lamest anime franchises.  I think I'll stick with my Marvel vs. Capcom 2 later this summer.

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#61  Edited By SpinCookie

Does anyone know what issue of Nintendo Power this was in?  I still haven't gotten mine in the mail yet, the one with Red Steel 2 on the cover.  I just moved, hoped they didn't mail to the old address, I did update it.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Al3xand3r

It's on the next one.

DrRandle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 6

#63  Edited By DrRandle

Another game with the cast of Megaman Legends... I want it. Also G-Force.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Al3xand3r

Does anyone have one of these? This game uses 4 buttons so it would work well. It's just  too bad it doesn't have more extra buttons to be used with a greater range of fighters though, like standard Street Fighter II on VC...

kenzo287

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

#65  Edited By kenzo287

alright now i can fight awesome capcom characters against that succubus lady and other characters i don't know anything about...i'll buy it

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Al3xand3r

Succubus lady is a CAPCOM character :P

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By VWGTI

Quite excited about this. Day one buy for sure. Hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later...

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Linkyshinks

I have one of those, but I have never used it with the game so far.

I think  they will release these in NA, or hook up with Madcatz and offer something similar. They have to, they cannot expect Wii users to use the crappy control pad options.

No Caption Provided

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well it should work fine with the classic controller I thought, having only 4 main buttons? It's not a big game like SFIV to warrant such stuff here, is it? I hear it even flopped in Japan. Though, they probably made enough profit for it, it doesn't look to be a very high budget title... And they know it has even less sales potential here being a brand people aren't familiar with but they still wanna go ahead with it, which is cool. If it becomes a surprise hit, that's even cooler, I'd love a sequel.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Linkyshinks

Yea, it will work fine, just like the Hori stick does.

Capcom and Nintendo need to have Joyticks out there if we are going to see more fighting titlles on the console. Hopefully with this game it might encourage more of a take up of Joytsticks. Fighting games are quickly becoming as popular as they used to be now, it would be a shame if the Wii missed out on the fruits of the renaisance of 2D fighters. Just like the dreamcast, the Wii could offer a ton of classic 2D fighting games that many would appreciate.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#71  Edited By JebranRush

Unreal news.

It'd be fantastic if they manage to get online in there too.

I'm really impressed by Capcom.

JebranRush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#72  Edited By JebranRush

Unreal news.

It'd be fantastic if they manage to get online in there too.

I'm really impressed by Capcom.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Linkyshinks

Online, fixes, and some alterations to the Capcom line up. Capcom should put a poll on Capcommunity asking members what Capcom characters they would like to see added. I've have suggested that already on the site.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.