Saw a Wii Mini in store while

#1 Posted by doe3879 (806 posts) -

I was buying milk from my local grocery store and I saw a Wii mini on the counter behind the cashier while checking out. Got home and wanted to check people's impression and I don't see anything on it other then the one image that was posted last week.

I suddenly have an urge to go get it just for the heck of it...It was from a Shopper Drug Mark. Yes I am Canadian.

#2 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Shopper Drug Mark says "Bro, you gotta try the Wii Mini. The first hit is free. Come on, dude. Duuuude."

#3 Posted by mosespippy (4282 posts) -

I thought the release day is tomorrow.

#4 Posted by Maximus_VI (62 posts) -

It's actually a Canadian exclusive, so you may not get a ton of impressions on it. It's basically a smaller, barebones Wii. No USB, SD, Wi-Fi or backwards compatibility with Gamecube games. I don't see why anyone would buy one of these things when the standard model can be had for under $150 these days.

#5 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

No, just no.

#6 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2479 posts) -

Canadians lol

Just kidding. Unless you want if for some collector's shit I don't think you should buy it.

#7 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5301 posts) -

At the grocery store?

#8 Posted by laserbolts (5331 posts) -

They talk about it on the most recent bombcast briefly. Seems to be missing some Wii staples like wi fi.

#9 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Did the milk you were buying happen to be in a bag?

#10 Posted by ajamafalous (12029 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse said:

Yes, and he's really sorry about that.
#11 Posted by hwy_61 (934 posts) -

Should have spit on that worthless piece of shit.

#12 Posted by Stahlbrand (838 posts) -

What's up with the crazy aggression? I'm looking at buying one for my mother. Wifi would just confuse her anyway, seems like a good fit to me.

Just popped out to walmart, they hadn't received them yet, but were scheduled to get 60 units and took my number down.

#13 Posted by MonkeyMitcho (115 posts) -

There's so much aggression because at this point pretty much everyone has a wii and to release a more barebones version of a system you probably already have.

#14 Posted by LassieME (232 posts) -

I have a Wii.

#15 Posted by algertman (852 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I smiled.

#16 Posted by doe3879 (806 posts) -
@PeasantAbuse no, the milk in bags were all gone. Have to resort carton.
It was 5$ for a carton. 5$ for one!!!
And it was soy milk
#17 Posted by MikkaQ (10316 posts) -

I almost want to buy one and never open it, seems like a cool collector's thing. But only if it doesn't spread to the US. Then I can always get one later I'm sure.

Also yeah milk cartons are like 5 bucks, those bags are good value.

#18 Posted by NiKva (128 posts) -

Its not even smaller at all.

At least it looks nice.

#19 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

Disappointed it doesn't come with any games packed in.

#20 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

It's good if you live in the middle of nowhere and have no wi fi.

#21 Posted by Kieran_Smith5 (149 posts) -

@GunGunW: Not even. No backwards compatibility either.

#22 Posted by GunGunW (60 posts) -

@Kieran_Smith5: I guess I should add that you already have a GameCube and like to play GameCube games exclusively on that.

#23 Posted by Snail (8612 posts) -

@doe3879: If you buy that Wii Mini I I will buy you the red Wiimote and Nunchuk that come with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.