Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Wii

Platform »

The Nintendo Wii is a home video game console released on November 19, 2006. The Wii's main selling point was the innovative use of motion controls that its signature Wii Remote and Nunchuk controllers allowed for. It became the best selling home console of its respective generation of hardware.

Star Fox for the Wii may not come

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Godwind
    StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 12

#2  Edited By StarFoxA

Just because the original creator isn't interested in creating a Star Fox game for the Wii doesn't mean we won't be seeing one. The Resident Evil creator wasn't involved in the making of Resident Evil 5, for example. Besides, Miyamoto has already expressed interest in developing such a game for the Wii.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

That guy sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend to me. Good riddance, maybe with more of Miyamoto's involvement the series will go back to greatness :P

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Godwind
    StarFoxA said:
    "Just because the original creator isn't interested in creating a Star Fox game for the Wii doesn't mean we won't be seeing one. The Resident Evil creator wasn't involved in the making of Resident Evil 5, for example. Besides, Miyamoto has already expressed interest in developing such a game for the Wii."
    Link please.  You would thing designing Star Fox would be pretty easy.  Although I would like some traditional controls.  Online we be a nice gesture.  Nothing fancy would be needed.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Al3xand3r

Well, we're already getting Sin & Punishment 2 as far as rail shooters of this type go, and that came thanks to the good sales of the original on VC, so I'm sure they'll see people like that sort of game and maybe link it back to their own franchises, like Starfox :P

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By StarFoxA
    Godwind said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    "Just because the original creator isn't interested in creating a Star Fox game for the Wii doesn't mean we won't be seeing one. The Resident Evil creator wasn't involved in the making of Resident Evil 5, for example. Besides, Miyamoto has already expressed interest in developing such a game for the Wii."
    Link please.  You would thing designing Star Fox would be pretty easy.  Although I would like some traditional controls.  Online we be a nice gesture.  Nothing fancy would be needed."
    Here, I found the article where he expresses interest. Apparently, it was in an interview with Famitsu.
    Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Godwind
    StarFoxA said:
    "Godwind said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    Link please.  You would thing designing Star Fox would be pretty easy.  Although I would like some traditional controls.  Online we be a nice gesture.  Nothing fancy would be needed."
    Here, I found the article where he expresses interest. Apparently, it was in an interview with Famitsu."
    That article is old and crusty.  Its almost three years old.  Also, break it down into context.

"Shigeru Miyamoto mentioned a few of the [b]hopes[/b] he has for a new version of StarFox on the Wii,"
    oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By oldschool

I still dream every time I break out StarFox Assault and endlessly state, over and over, damn I wish this was a Wii game, the shooting would be so much better, easier and MORE FUN.  StarFox is perfect for the Wii, in both flying and shooting.  Plus, I just love the franchise as well.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9  Edited By ArcBorealis

So? It's not like Q games did an OUTSTANDING job on Command. Yes, the gameplay involved flying the arwing and no on-foot missions, but it implemented a strategy component that just didn't work for me. Plus, the story was just border-line soap opera.

That guy, in the interview, we can just ignore him. Him not working on a Star Fox game doesn't mean we'll never see it again. It's Miyamoto's creation, and I hope for sure that the next game will really be internally developed (he said the past games were disappointments after all).

StarFoxA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By StarFoxA
    Godwind said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    "Godwind said:
    "StarFoxA said:
    Here, I found the article where he expresses interest. Apparently, it was in an interview with Famitsu."
    That article is old and crusty.  Its almost three years old.  Also, break it down into context."Shigeru Miyamoto mentioned a few of the [b]hopes[/b] he has for a new version of StarFox on the Wii,""
    Yeah, I know. BUT STILL... IT'S HOPE.
    ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By ThomasP
    Al3xand3r said:
    "That guy sounds like a bitter ex girlfriend to me. Good riddance, maybe with more of Miyamoto's involvement the series will go back to greatness :P"
    I agree. I'm happy he created such a great franchise, but when he calls the Wii a toy... that's just bullshit. We're the Xbox and PS2 toys? Am I missing something here? I mean, how does this guy mix Nintendo up with Fisher Price? It has to be the bitter ex-girlfriend syndrome.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Al3xand3r

I was wrong, this guy is nice and was genuine with his comments, he just should have chosen his words more wisely. The kotaku crowd also thought he meant the same outrageous things I did. Yet of course they AGREED with it and proceeded to trash the toy-Wii and Miyamoto. And this guy saw it and issued a correction to attempt and stop that bullshit! He posted right on that board:

” Um.. just like to point out here that I wasn’t having a dig at Miyamoto at all. I was just explaining how he works - he gets on and does his thing. He is an amazing creator and that’s what amazing creators do.

And the comment regarding not wanting to make a Wii Starfox is clear, it would take a very large team and right now I am having a lot of fun with smaller teams. That’s all there is to it really. That’s how I intended the comment not as “Dylan spurns Starfox, shock horror!”.

I also say the Wii is “more” of a toy and it is. It’s not derogatory, the Wii is a great machine with lots of bells and whistles and this makes it feel (to me) to be more toy-like. In comparison the PS3/XBOX360 are more “media center”-like.”

I still feel his wording is chosen badly and that the Wii has enough non-gamey functions to not be any more of a toy than the other systems are (photos, videos, music, web browsing, message board, voice chat channel, weather and news channels, nintendo channel functions, etc), but at least this guy's nice after all. I feel bad for misjudging him at first, but hey, all that crowd thought the same things I did and simply agreed with it, so I'm not the only one who made that mistakes. I bet they feel more stupid than I do now though.

Of course, there's still the chance he's just covering his butt in case that kind of "misinterpretation" got too widely known, but yeah.

The kotaku post is here and his comment is on the fourth page of comments.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Milkman

Can you really blame this guy for not wanting to make another Star Fox? I mean, Nintendo gives him his big break and he delivers with what will become one of Nintendo's most prominent franchises. Then Nintendo says "Okay, time for the sequel" and he's like "Sweet, I'm down". He works for a couple years and says "Okay, I'm all done!" And Nintendo says "Uhh...yeah, about that. We actually kind of don't want that game anymore. We're kind of done with the Super Nintendo. We've got this thing called the Nintendo 64. It's pretty rad."

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Godwind
    Milkman said:
    "Can you really blame this guy for not wanting to make another Star Fox? I mean, Nintendo gives him his big break and he delivers with what will become one of Nintendo's most prominent franchises. Then Nintendo says "Okay, time for the sequel" and he's like "Sweet, I'm down". He works for a couple years and says "Okay, I'm all done!" And Nintendo says "Uhh...yeah, about that. We actually kind of don't want that game anymore. We're kind of done with the Super Nintendo. We've got this thing called the Nintendo 64. It's pretty rad.""
    If I am not mistaken, there was an actual Japanese version of Star Fox 2.  It was really sluggish and slow. 
    toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By toowalrus
    Godwind said:
    "Star Fox for the Wii may not come"
    Bow chicka bow wow! That's what she said! That's what YOUR MOM said! OOh burn!!

...Oh God, I'm so sorry.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.